Betty White | Larry King | Video

Betty White Tells Larry King She Doesn't Understand Homophobes: Video

Betty_white

In an interview on Larry King Now, actress and comedienne Betty White briefly mentioned her attitude towards gay issues.

Instagram user mrluissalazar asked “What has been the significance of the gay community for your career? And what do you have to say to those against gay people?”

White ignored the first part of the question and responded, “I don’t care whom you sleep with. It’s 'What kind of a human being are you?' I don’t understand [why people are anti-gay], it’s such a personal private business and it’s none of mine.”

In regards to her success she said, “You’ve always got to think of it as the privilege of the world to get to this point.”

She also said that the thing that makes her the saddest about the entertainment industry is the ungracious unappreciative, entitled attitudes some successful people have. “They think it’s their due,” White said. “It isn’t. There’s always someone over there who can do it better.”

Watch the interview AFTER THE JUMP…

Comments

1. When she is taking about ungracious and ungrateful showbiz people who think its their due - I wonder if she is talking about Gwyneth Paltrow or Heigle woman or Lindsay Lohan. Or all three.

Posted by: Andy | Apr 23, 2014 3:01:49 PM

2. Another wonderful lady and a great entertainer.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Apr 23, 2014 3:10:16 PM

3. Betty White always keeps it real.

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Apr 23, 2014 3:14:34 PM

4. have always loved betty white since mtm, hope she's healthy and is able to entertain (if she wishes) another 25 years.

Posted by: northalabama | Apr 23, 2014 3:15:18 PM

5. What a lady she is! Over 90 still going strong and saying it as it is. Thanks Betty!

Posted by: Matt27 | Apr 23, 2014 3:15:51 PM

6. Heigel would be a great example with her demanding and demeaning ways

Posted by: Moz's | Apr 23, 2014 4:16:25 PM

7. Betty has said this before about her gay fans:

"I think the gay community seems to like old ladies, they always have. And when we were on live with Golden Girls on Saturday night they'd shut down the music, stop the dancing, watch the show, then turn the music and the dancing back on. We were very grateful and they've been dear friends." - Betty White, speaking to WNYC.

Posted by: Mike | Apr 23, 2014 4:51:44 PM

8. I thought Larry King retired. Maybe his views are evolving. I recall him interviewing Perez Hilton and asking Hilton "Wouldn't you be happy with domestic partnerships" instead of Marriage. Perez responded, "Would you?"

Posted by: Grego | Apr 23, 2014 7:29:49 PM

9. God I love this woman. Justin Beiber is one of those ungrateful types she is talking about. Betty has always been a friend of the gays. Thank you for being a friend Betty!!

Posted by: Lucas | Apr 23, 2014 8:04:30 PM

10. This amazing woman has something that is tremendously lacking in the entertainment industry and society in general today...class.
    She is a truly a great old broad.

Posted by: I wont grow up | Apr 23, 2014 9:54:26 PM

11. Betty White is such a wonderful person and I admire her for her work with animals. She is such a dog lover :)

Posted by: Adam | Apr 24, 2014 12:18:07 AM

12. I love women like her. They were like inspirational neighbors I had growing up. They would let me the only one to help them make sugar cookies, pick flowers in their gardens and borrow their World Book Encyclopedias for book reports.

Posted by: GEB | Apr 24, 2014 12:55:50 PM