Music | News

Boyband Brings 'Britain's Got Talent' to Its Feet: VIDEO

Collabro

A British boyband called Collabro is the latest act to tear at the heartstrings of the Britain's Got Talent audience and judges, delivering a rousing rendition of "Stars" from Les Miz that even caused Simon Cowell's bitter heart to melt just a little bit.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. They've been together a whole month, huh? So much fun to see Simon Cowell's "skeptical face" (not to mention those stony-faced judge and audience shots) aimed at a group he most likely assembled himself. And so the mass audience manipulation (and huge global marketing effort) begins.

Ftr, I couldn't bring myself to listen to the song. I don't care how talented these guys are. I dislike being jerked around.

Posted by: Mort | Apr 14, 2014 2:10:39 PM

2. How wonderful! And what a refreshing choice in a song selection.

Posted by: Jon | Apr 14, 2014 2:11:47 PM

3. I've always loved the song and I especially love this rendition.

Posted by: TampaZeke | Apr 14, 2014 2:12:15 PM

4. How many of them are straight?

Posted by: litper | Apr 14, 2014 2:30:38 PM

5. Beautiful voices, and not bad on the eyes!

TO "MORT": Maybe you need to take a nap. You're one grouchy s.o.b. You must be a ball to be around.

Posted by: jtramon | Apr 14, 2014 2:33:23 PM

6. Always looking for one stand out with these boy bands. It's probably the one in the boots. This song provided a twinge of embarrassment combined with that hint of hardness down south, that makes these boy bands so popular.

Posted by: Gary | Apr 14, 2014 2:51:05 PM

7. I watch these shows a lot and something about this makes me suspicious. They seem too good and too slick. I suspect longer than a month and the help of a coach. Contestants have learned how to "game" the system with a good story. (Heck, maybe I have just gotta blase'.)

Posted by: gr8guya | Apr 14, 2014 2:53:42 PM

8. well, I didn't think they were all that good....HOWEVER, considering they had only been together for a month, not bad. I would think they would/should improve as they train together more. And boy they are good looking kids.

Posted by: tinhouston | Apr 14, 2014 3:06:31 PM

9. Another song from Les Misérables. I like they took unusual way. They're not belters, but the first soloist could be, he has the strongest voice for theater, the second from left has a voice and looks for romantic leading roles (like Marius). The other three, well...

Posted by: Matt27 | Apr 14, 2014 3:32:35 PM

10. All five of them clearly have classical training from some extremely good source. The fact that the've only been together for a month is far less important than what they've done with that month. I suspect that they've known each other or at least been aware of each other for some time. I think they have quite a bright future together as a group...

Posted by: Robert M. | Apr 14, 2014 3:39:18 PM

11. I was waiting for one voice to really step forward but didn't hear it. The kid with the dark hair and white untied high-tops is the most appealing. You will hear the same group sounds from any good musical so I'm not sure what all the fuss is about.

Posted by: Cary Chauvet | Apr 14, 2014 3:48:13 PM

12. The last thing the world needs is another prepackaged and stage-managed boy band. Simon Cowell's continued quest to preserve the idea that talent can be manufactured through middle-men in the music industry needs cutting down.

Posted by: anon | Apr 14, 2014 3:48:50 PM

13. Adorable.

Posted by: The Milkman | Apr 14, 2014 4:04:28 PM

14. Another video of a twink boy band on T-road....shocking!

Posted by: wheelie81 | Apr 14, 2014 4:47:33 PM

15. Another video of a twink boy band on T-road....shocking!

Posted by: wheelie81 | Apr 14, 2014 4:47:33 PM

16. loved simon's ca-ching smile.

Posted by: titus | Apr 14, 2014 4:48:11 PM

17. loved simon's ca-ching smile.

Posted by: titus | Apr 14, 2014 4:48:11 PM

18. They weren't perfect, but they actually sang harmony which is more than I can say for One Direction. If they can get songs half as good as 1D has, they could be great!

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER I | Apr 14, 2014 5:09:54 PM

19. Cute boys great singing- thrilling performance- hope they make it.

Posted by: jarago | Apr 14, 2014 5:22:16 PM

20. A small fortune in teeth whitening alone has already been expended, so let's hope they make it.

Posted by: james st. james | Apr 14, 2014 5:30:33 PM

21. that was boyband as choir. they weren't pitch perfect, but they will be by show's end. absolutely all of them vocally trained, all of them with good range. manufactured groups need outsiders to do arrangement for them, even if they are talented. if these gents know how to arrange their choices, know who sings what, their professionalism will take them far. and they are an appealing lot. in the tradition of boyband watchers, i have picked a favorite, the tall emotional nerdy one off to viewers right.

the look on simon's face was dollar signs, lots and lots of dollar signs.

Posted by: bandanajack | Apr 14, 2014 6:20:53 PM

22. Impressed.

Posted by: Randy | Apr 14, 2014 6:25:37 PM

23. Exactly Bandanajack

simon cowle had $$ kaching eyes whether he manufactured this 1st time presentation or didn't (doesn't mater) Simon is going to make bank on them

Posted by: Moz's | Apr 14, 2014 7:37:47 PM

24. I think they did great. I'm great friends with one of them and they were practicing so hard to get it right their voices were wrecked when they did the audition so I'm so proud of them for doing so well! Living with this guy and seeing him try so hard to do something with himself I'm so glad that finally he's had a chance to shine.

Posted by: TallAsian | Apr 14, 2014 8:20:21 PM

25. I think they did great. I'm great friends with one of them and they were practicing so hard to get it right their voices were wrecked when they did the audition so I'm so proud of them for doing so well! Living with this guy and seeing him try so hard to do something with himself I'm so glad that finally he's had a chance to shine.

Posted by: TallAsian | Apr 14, 2014 8:20:21 PM