Jason Collins | NBA | News | Sports

Jason Collins Scores a TIME '100 Most Influential People in the World' Cover

Collins

Gay Brooklyn Nets player Jason Collins nabbed an 'Inside Cover' for Time's 100 Most Influential People in the World issue along with actor Robert Redford and GM CEO Mary Barra. Beyoncé appears on the front cover, according to TODAY.

The profile on Collins was written by Chelsea Clinton. The issue goes on sale this Friday.

Time-beyonce Redford Barra

Comments

1. Beyonce on the front cover totally ruins my interest in this list.

Posted by: petey | Apr 24, 2014 9:29:40 AM

2. Great photo of Jason Collins on the cover.

@ PETEY,

Rick, for every new posting name you invent I hope you have a new day of constipation or diarrhea...or both.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Apr 24, 2014 9:50:32 AM

3. None of these three people are influential in my life, but maybe Beyonce has some sway over naive youth.

Redford? I tried to watch "All is Lost" on a plane and lost interest after approx 15 minutes.

Posted by: Jason | Apr 24, 2014 9:56:03 AM

4. Derrick from philly,

Rick sends his regards and a big wet kiss.

Posted by: petey | Apr 24, 2014 10:49:17 AM

5. Ummm I have to agree, Beyonce is not completely deserving of this title or cover. Perhaps I am out of touch but I don't get what she does or has done. Perhaps someone can explain it to me. I do respect her. She ain't no Jason Collins.

I believe she is a full professional but she is no early Aretha, Barbra, Beatles, Bob Dylan or many others. Perhaps it is a generational thing.

As for Miley Virus ... Please!

Posted by: Max | Apr 24, 2014 11:31:31 AM

6. so much hate for Queen Bey. I pity you truly.

Posted by: Derrick | Apr 24, 2014 11:53:51 AM

7. Queen Bey Rules
    Redford don't know what he has done in the last year to make the list, he is a Legend though.

Posted by: Kim | Apr 24, 2014 12:09:00 PM

8. Beyonce released her album on itunes before it hit stores and it received so many downloads upon it's release that she literally broke itunes. Nobody has ever done that in the history of Apple. Seems like kind of a big deal to me.

Posted by: ryan | Apr 24, 2014 12:15:55 PM

9. Co-sign the hate for the skin bleaching and skin stealing Beyawnce! Lupita ANY day.

As a black educated person...thank god for Lupita. Loved her speech at GLAAD.

Has Beyawnce ever been to GLAAD? Or....well, I guess she will finally accept an award from them like J Ho once she is in her twilight album years and doesn't feel the need to flounce her BS in front of us.

Then queue 'my gay stylist and uncle'......zzz

Posted by: Rowan | Apr 24, 2014 12:17:09 PM

10. Who remembers yesterday's magazine covers? I voted in this because I didn't want to see a cover like this, but how could America not resist for this baited hook? The all time best TIME cover was in 1966. It was "IS GOD DEAD?"

Posted by: Arrow | Apr 24, 2014 1:07:15 PM

11. Beyoncé? Really? PLEASE HELP US

Posted by: Bellah | Apr 24, 2014 3:52:18 PM

12. Who has more influence with teenage girls around the world? Hillary or Beyonce?

And I'm not a Beyonce fan, but it's like a feeding frenzy today on this blog. First Jodi Foster, then Madonna, and now Beyonce.

Let's bring on Paula Deen.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Apr 24, 2014 4:01:51 PM

13. @ARROW, thanks for the blast from the past. Can you imagine the corporate media questioning the existence of god today? That would be chipping away at one of their overlords' most effective control strategies.

Posted by: DW | Apr 25, 2014 9:48:07 AM