Matt Bomer Discusses His ‘Normal Heart’ Transformation: PHOTO

Bomer

Matt Bomer heats up OUT magazine's May issue in a cover story geared around the premiere of HBO's The Normal Heart. Bomer transformed physically and emotionally for the 'life-changing' role, losing 40 pounds.

In a preview of the article, director Ryan Murphy calls Bomer's performance as Felix Turner "a very beautiful, spiritual thing to witness” and describes Larry Kramer's hesitation about casting Bomer, wondering if he was "too beautiful" for the role. Kramer later gave Bomer his blessing after a meeting between the actor, who "campaigned aggressively" for the role, and the playwright.

Said Bomer of meeting Kramer:

“I was pretty starstruck. It was like meeting one of the Beatles. He was so central to my understanding and development. We talked for a really long time."

Of the role, he added: "It taught me how to access myself on a completely different level as an artist."

Check out the full trailer for The Normal Heart here.

Photo by Kai Z. Feng

Comments

1. keating says

Contrary to your posting, Matt Bomer is not on the cover of OUT’s May issue — that would be Beyonce. Bomer is on the cover of the June-July issue.

2. keating says

3. keating says

4. keating says

5. keating says

6. Derrick from Philly says

I thought it might be just this particular photograph. So, I googled pictures of Matt Bomer. No, it’s not just this particular photo. This is one good-looking man.

He could turn me into an integrationist for sure.

7. SpaceCadet says

It looked like there were a lot of comments here but it’s just a few people with duplicate posts! Anyway, Bomer lucked out in the gene pool. He really does deserve leading man status for his looks alone. He needs to be cast as a superhero stat! I’m sure he’s already an inspiration for gay actors and gay kids out there.

8. SpaceCadet says

9. Gary says

Give me an F-ing break. Is this the only hot guy in the gay universe? I was there. There were many “beautiful” guys at that time. My boyfriend Richard was a 6’1″ green eyed god–my high school fantasy come to life. The attractive were the real victims. That’s why if you’ve got marriage plans, the pickings could be getting slim. Remember this is “for life” variety–not “Spring Affair.”