Satellite Image Revives Dreams of Loch Ness Monster Seekers: PHOTO

3_nessie

A faint shape discovered on Apple's satellite maps is reviving interest in Scotland's mythical Loch Ness Monster after two people reported the smudge, which looks to the active imagination like a large marine animal with two protruding fins.

The UK tabloid Daily Mail reports:

For six months the image has been studied by experts at the Official Loch Ness Monster Fan Club, where excitement is mounting after various explanations for it were ruled out… leaving them to conclude it is ‘likely’ to be the elusive beast.

One of the spotters, Andrew Dixon, 26, a charity worker for the Great North Air Ambulance, from Darlington, County Durham, said: ‘It was a total fluke that I found it. I was looking at satellite images of my town and then just thought I’d have a look at Loch Ness.

‘The first thing that came into my head when I saw it was, “That’s the Loch Ness Monster”. It was the shape of it, I thought it had to be something more than a shadow.

‘It was exciting. I’ve never been to Loch Ness but I’m always interested in that sort of stuff.’

2_nessie

Comments

1. MikeInSanJose says

Meanwhile…

I saw jesus in a waffle! And a piece of toast! And a burn mark on a piece of wood! And in a dog’s butt! And in the explosive diarrhea sprayed all over the wall by that dog’s butt!

People see what they want to see – especially if that imagination helps convince them of the existence of a myth they want to believe is real.

2. Phill says

And there it is Ladies and Gents; We’re going to even find the Loch Ness monster before ever finding the missing Malaysia Airlines plane!

… Too soon, but couldn’t help it. I mean, the Nessie monster FFS.

3. Bill says

If it isn’t a glitch of some sort produced by the camera, a likely explanation is that it is a thin, isolated cloud – remember that this pictures was taken on a satellite.

4. Bill says

5. How Ironic says

Funny, I remember a time and when people thought gays were mental health cases. The lot of you sit here today and ridicule people who believe in this monster. Weren’t gays considered monsters at one time? Untrustworthy sexual predators? Men who failed at being men. Are you any of these things? It doesn’t feel good does it.

6. How Ironic says

Funny, I remember a time and when people thought gays were mental health cases. The lot of you sit here today and ridicule people who believe in this monster. Weren’t gays considered monsters at one time? Untrustworthy sexual predators? Effeminate men who failed at being men. It doesn’t feel good does it.

7. How Ironic says