Johnny Weir | News | Victor Voronov

Victor Voronov Speaks Out About Being 'Betrayed, Heartbroken, Shocked' by Johnny Weir: VIDEO

Voronov

Calling what Johnny Weir did to him "unforgivable" and "morally reprehensible", Weir's husband Victor Voronov tells Inside Edition that he feels "betrayed, heartbroken, shocked," and "empowered" by his split from the figure skater.

Despite all that he says he still loves the "conniving" Weir. Voronov says he misses watching Shameless and Glee like they did before the Olympics.

"I was blinded by fear. Love and fear go hand in hand. I'm afraid of being alone. I'm codependent...I can't have a relationship with a woman again because now I'm openly gay. And I can't have a relationship with a man because I'm uncomfortable with my sexuality still."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. File this under "I soooo do not care".

Posted by: woodroad34 | Apr 30, 2014 11:41:53 AM

2. he should seek therapy instead of a camera crew...

Posted by: V-8 | Apr 30, 2014 11:41:54 AM

3. I had been wondering what had happened to Liberace's trinkets.....question answered!

Posted by: Shane | Apr 30, 2014 11:43:20 AM

4. Oh sweet Jesus, please deliver me from these two idiots. They are certainly not my role models and I hope they are not to any young gays. They are both fame whores, Johnny for his skating and Victor for hooking up with Johnny. It's over boys, get over it and you both need to grow up and get jobs in the real world, I hear Mickey D's is hiring.

Posted by: I wont grow up | Apr 30, 2014 11:47:39 AM

5. I wept as I read this. The pathos, the beauty, the pain of love gone awry. This is the stuff of great theater and opera. I hope they get back together. This is a love for the ages.

Posted by: Kevin F. | Apr 30, 2014 11:50:09 AM

6. Please stop covering this story.

Posted by: JeffNYC | Apr 30, 2014 12:05:02 PM

7. "I can't have a relationship with a woman again because now I'm openly gay. And I can't have a relationship with a man because I'm uncomfortable with my sexuality still."

But more than anything, you've got the taint of having been with Johnny Weir.

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Apr 30, 2014 12:05:44 PM

8. Love and fear most certainly don't go hand in hand! Fear is the absence of love and love is the absence of fear.

Posted by: TampaZeke | Apr 30, 2014 12:07:51 PM

9. Will both of you please STFU?

Posted by: HadenoughBS | Apr 30, 2014 12:11:02 PM

10. It's a shame Victor is so messed up - he's handsome with a sexy, deep voice. Oh well.

Posted by: Sergio | Apr 30, 2014 12:20:43 PM

11. Hoping that the next time I read about either of these two it's that they've been abducted by aliens....never to be seen or heard from again.

Posted by: me | Apr 30, 2014 12:22:35 PM

12. You have sex with crazy, not marry it!

Lesson learned.

Posted by: Sam | Apr 30, 2014 12:31:19 PM

13. Because we all know Russians have a handle on morals that the rest of us lack. Both of them are like a secret homophobia producing bomb that Putin came up with. Stain? Yeah, like a poop stain on Louis Vutton...Is it too late to stone them to death?

Posted by: booka | Apr 30, 2014 12:36:52 PM

14. Why does anyone listen to anything that Victor Voronov says?
    Johnny Weir's husband's history of fraud, drug abuse, harassment, battery, DUIs, practicing law w/o license http://bit.ly/QLPbRD

Posted by: Sick of this | Apr 30, 2014 12:39:34 PM

15. He's an international mess! And no, honey, love and fear do not go together. You're doing it wrong.

Posted by: Jack M | Apr 30, 2014 12:44:46 PM

16. Oh, WHO CARES! No, I don't want to "google you"! Wall-to-wall psychobabble.

Betrayed, empowered, conniving behavior, "purpose in the pain". WHY AM I WATCHING ANOTHER VIDEO ABOUT THESE TWO CIPHERS? I'm stuck in their mediocrity.

Posted by: will | Apr 30, 2014 12:47:14 PM

17. Self-important, much? Who the hell cares??

Posted by: Brad | Apr 30, 2014 12:57:45 PM

18. I think he needs to be talking to a professional and seeking help - and talk less to reporters….

Posted by: steve | Apr 30, 2014 1:05:01 PM

19. Can't we trade both of them for someone worthwhile? Maybe a political prisoner or an ex-convict?

Posted by: jonnathewoodswoman | Apr 30, 2014 1:09:22 PM

20. @Kevin F. : what would make it hard to turn into an opera is that you'd need to find a composer with Wagner's ego and Rossini's sense of humor to pull it off.

Posted by: Bill | Apr 30, 2014 1:52:00 PM

21. Now I know where Grandma's old furniture went.

Posted by: Really? | Apr 30, 2014 1:52:56 PM

22. Big Queen + Closet Case = DRAMA

Posted by: qj201 | Apr 30, 2014 2:42:51 PM

23. I am willing to give Victor a pass. I think Johnny is the nutcase we have seen for years. He just made the mistake of hooking up with him.
    It reads like Johnny boy went after Victor when he was still in the closet and unsure of himself and Victor, trusting Johnny Boy put everything into the relationship including giving up who he was.
    Like many of us he is going through the re-building process and re-examination process of a broken relationship. Many of us can relate to this.
    I think Johnny Boy just loves the publicity and doesn't care who or what he destroys as long as it gets him attention. This is what Johnny Boy has ALWAYS been about.
    I think some of the reading are being a bit harsh because of how far Johnny has taken it. You put your all into a relationship thinking the person you are with is stable. WRONG. He got involved in his first relationship with someone that is crazy.
    Many of us have.
    Johhny made this a media event. I feel for Victor for being involved with someone so unstable.
    Let's give the guy a break.

Posted by: Dawson | Apr 30, 2014 2:54:04 PM

24. I see that he is afraid of something. The table behind him is barricading the front door. Who does he think is coming in? Don't worry Victor, Brian Boitano won't come in as he is busy fame wh@#$ing on his own. Now that Johnny has Tara to grab some attention he won't need you either. Perhaps now that Jeremy Abbott's career is over, he'll be next to break down your door.

Posted by: molinodl | Apr 30, 2014 3:20:05 PM

25. I see that he is afraid of something. The table behind him is barricading the front door. Who does he think is coming in? Don't worry Victor, Brian Boitano won't come in as he is busy fame wh@#$ing on his own. Now that Johnny has Tara to grab some attention he won't need you either. Perhaps now that Jeremy Abbott's career is over, he'll be next to break down your door.

Posted by: molinodl | Apr 30, 2014 3:20:06 PM