Hillary Clinton | Las Vegas | News

Woman Throws Shoe at Hillary Clinton During Vegas Speech: VIDEO

H_clinton

A woman was arrested on Thursday after throwing a shoe at Hillary Clinton during a speech at a metal recycling convention in Las Vegas. The shoe missed, but Clinton was quick to react after initially thinking the object was a bat.

"Is that somebody throwing something at me? Is that part of Cirque de Soleil? My goodness I didn't know solid waste management was so controversial. Thank goodness she didn’t play softball like I did.”

The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports:

The U.S. Secret Service confirmed the protester had sneaked into the convention and wasn’t associated with the group. The convention organizers said she was initially denied access to the ballroom, but later rushed past security.

“The subject was not a ticketed guest and had eluded hotel security to enter the event,” said Secret Service spokesman George Ogilvie.

Secret Service agents noticed the woman and as they and hotel security approached her she threw a shoe. The women then turned around, threw her hands into the air and began marching toward the back of the room. The woman was immediately taken into custody by Secret Service and hotel security, Ogilvie said.

Watch video of the incident, AFTER THE JUMP...

Woman_clinton

Comments

1. I guess this means Hillary has at least one thing in common with Dubya.

Posted by: Adam L | Apr 10, 2014 9:15:33 PM

2. I just have to say, Clinton has the worst shoes for a women. I mean Sarah Palin was working Louboutin and Clinton always looks like she shops the sale rack at Thom McCan. I just don't trust a women with bad shoes

Posted by: Homo Genius | Apr 10, 2014 9:38:26 PM

3. Well, the fact that Sarah Palin comes out on top of Hillary Clinton in your comparison should demonstrate exactly why it's moronic to judge a politician by the shoes they wear. Gay men who find catty misogyny amusing are so gross.

Posted by: JMC | Apr 10, 2014 9:59:20 PM

4. Based on that wig, it must have been Lil Kim.

Posted by: Sean Maloney | Apr 10, 2014 9:59:45 PM

5. @ Homo Genius, so you trust Sarah Palin because of her shoes? What an idiot...

Posted by: RONTEX | Apr 10, 2014 10:00:29 PM

6. Girl gets passed security by going under the rope. Security says oops.

What if she had a gun? Security says "my bad?"

Posted by: the other Ken | Apr 10, 2014 10:07:19 PM

7. @homo genius: hard to trust the political judgments of a "genius" that can't spell

Posted by: vv | Apr 10, 2014 10:35:28 PM

8. I'm voting for Hillary Clinton in 2016.

Posted by: Marty | Apr 10, 2014 11:17:18 PM

9. More and more "Democrats" are waking up to the fact that they don't really like Hillary Clinton and I am glad.

Posted by: Sam | Apr 10, 2014 11:45:20 PM

10. Yep, Sam, one kook in an industry group full of applauding fans in VEGAS and zero negative comments here not involving footwear really support your point.

Posted by: Paul R | Apr 11, 2014 1:31:01 AM

11. Have no clue why this is newsworthy no matter who it is

Posted by: TonyC | Apr 11, 2014 2:20:44 AM

12. @Homo Genius - You'e such a stereotypical sissy! You're looking at her shoes? Really?

Posted by: You are such a joke | Apr 11, 2014 2:46:33 AM

13. Wow, she hasn't even declared her candidacy and she's already getting Secret Service protection? Or is it because she's former first lady and/or secretary?

Posted by: bernard | Apr 11, 2014 4:05:28 AM

14. "Sam" is an anti-gay rightwinger troll

Posted by: litper | Apr 11, 2014 4:21:44 AM

15. Really TONYC? Notice the security guy didn't find it so amusing. Our politics are a joke, that is bad enough. But it would be unwise to sit by while they degenerate further into brown shirt tactics. These incidents have to be taken very seriously.

Posted by: melvin | Apr 11, 2014 5:15:42 AM

16. @Bernard: Until the Obamas, the presidential family received SS protection for life. I can't remember if it was Bush Jr. or Obama that signed the law where it ends 10 years after the president leaves office. It was part of the silly debt reduction packages. It also might have been repealed by now.

Posted by: Robert | Apr 11, 2014 5:26:28 AM

17. Am I the only one who is more than a little concerned about this incident? It doesn't matter if you agree with Madame President or not, this woman breached a secured event and attempted to assault Mrs. Clinton. She could have just as easily pulled out a gun. This is NOT a light matter. The assailant needs to have the BOOK thrown at HER.

Posted by: Mark | Apr 11, 2014 5:39:59 AM

18. @Mark, I agree.

Properly the security people could have shot her when she raised her arm and aimed.

Posted by: james st. james | Apr 11, 2014 7:29:01 AM

19. The secret service should have had an agent near the front of the stage to anticipate such an event occurring and if there was such an agent, he or she was too slow. #secretservicefail

Posted by: SpaceCadet | Apr 11, 2014 8:29:08 AM

20. It is kind of interesting seeing the same types of people concerned about Hilary's safety in this incident that laughed when it happened to Bush 43.

Posted by: Perry | Apr 11, 2014 9:10:11 AM

21. @Perry I agree, although I for one never thought the Bush incident was funny at all, no matter how terrible a job I thought he did as President. Also, anyone find it odd that no one is releasing her name? I mean, people get accused of way more heinous crimes and their names are immediately released.

Posted by: Nathan | Apr 11, 2014 9:29:40 AM

22. ...I think the "blonde" woman was Ann Coulter?...Just sayin'

Posted by: thom | Apr 11, 2014 10:24:28 AM

23. @Perry, very good point. I agree with you. I never thought the Bush incident was funny either. It's kinda like how democrats get all up in arms about disrespect toward the Clintons or Obamas, yet cheer when they were talking about naming a sewage plant after George Bush near SF. Disrespect is disrespect.

Posted by: Lucas | Apr 11, 2014 1:40:21 PM

24. Presidents and their spouses receive lifetime protection. The protection was lifted in 1997 for future presidents, but last year Obama restored it.

To me, living with it would be about as awful as not living with it.

Posted by: Paul R | Apr 11, 2014 1:45:00 PM

25. Homo Genius, Litper, Perry, Sam

Andy, it's getting insane when they start arguing with each other, and they are all f.cking Rick.

Posted by: Derrick from Phiily | Apr 11, 2014 1:55:45 PM