Betty Bowers | News

America's Best Christian Mrs. Betty Bowers Addresses Jesus H. Christ School for Boys: VIDEO

Jesushchrist

America's Best Christian Mrs. Betty Bowers had some powerful advice for the graduates of Jesus H. Christ School for Boys this past week.

"The Lord is standing at the foot of your bunk bed every time you spill your seed. Remember this the next time you're about to cinch down your BVDs and defile a tube sock for 15 seconds. While mommy and daddy may not hear your little adolescent moans, everyone in Heaven can."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

School

Comments

1. Well that's a couple of minutes of my time that I will never get back. Pretty pointless video.

Posted by: Jay | May 28, 2014 12:16:59 PM

2. Maybe I'm finally growing up but this site is seeming more and more tasteless. Get it together!

Posted by: David | May 28, 2014 12:20:20 PM

3. Whiny queens whine at EVERYTHING. Go away!

Posted by: Mikey | May 28, 2014 12:32:06 PM

4. @MIKEY Thank you. And yes, whiny queens. Please. Go away!

Posted by: jamal49 | May 28, 2014 12:43:40 PM

5. Blasphemy is not funny. Tired.

Posted by: Luke | May 28, 2014 12:47:57 PM

6. who are these stupid idiots who critizise a silly and rather funny video?

Posted by: Joe | May 28, 2014 1:03:11 PM

7. The individual who does/is Betty Bowers has the maturity level of a shallow, teenage kid.
    I simply can't see a meaningful, mature adult dressing and acting like this. Bizarre.

Posted by: David From Canada | May 28, 2014 1:04:02 PM

8. She's Fierce.

Posted by: John Normile | May 28, 2014 1:06:57 PM

9. Joe:
    Who? Isn't it obvious? Some insane religious nuts.

Posted by: simon | May 28, 2014 1:18:33 PM

10. Blasphemy is funny because it blows the cover off some religions which claim to know everything, both on Earth and in heaven.
    Their truth is so fragile that they can't tolerate jokes or criticisms. They deem themselves holy and any criticism blasphemy to protect their so-called truth.

Posted by: simon | May 28, 2014 1:30:31 PM

11. This is tired camp. I don't mind blaphemous humor when it's acerbically funny, but this is smug and cute -- it's tame, "nice" atheistic humor with no bite.

Posted by: will | May 28, 2014 1:42:39 PM

12. ms bowers is a national treasure

Posted by: jaker | May 28, 2014 1:59:24 PM

13. The pope is blasphemous for being the pope (from Merriam Webster: the act of claiming the attributes of deity -- "because the Pope represents God as our Father" from www.papalvisit.org.uk); Tony Perkins/Bryan Brown/Maggie Gallagher/Franklin Graham are all blasphemous for believing they speak God's words and know what God thinks. This is hardly any more blasphemous than a Sunday sermon. And she's still biting and funny.

Posted by: woodroad34 | May 28, 2014 2:51:29 PM

14. The Title alone is blasphemous. It is one thing to poke fun at politically hypocritical people who claim to be Christian, quite another to misuse the name of Christ in this manner or otherwise say sacrilegious things about God.

Posted by: Javier | May 28, 2014 3:14:07 PM

15. To everyone whining about Blasphemy it's a victimless crime.

Posted by: doug105 | May 28, 2014 3:53:40 PM

16. "to misuse the name of Christ in this manner or otherwise say sacrilegious things about God"
    "Christ" is not a real historical figure.
    If there is any misuse, it was the anonymous authors of the Gospels who committed the crime of blasphemy of the non-existent Old Testament God. There was no mention of Jesus in Roman history until the end of the first century which has since been proved to be a forgery by Christians. (Another blasphemy.)

Posted by: simon | May 28, 2014 4:39:42 PM

17. @SIMON, your first comment is rather nieve. You accuse Christians of not being able to take a joke. What happens if someone in a youtube video was to poke satirical fun of the gay community? Or even someone in a highly visible position? Or even someone simply disagreeing with some of the widely held veiwpoints of the gay community? They get a tirade of abuse...I'd suggest the gay community finds it hard to take a joke.
    I say this as a gay man, who loves our community and being in NZ, insanely proud of the newly created marriage equality laws. But I think Rupaul is right, there are some flaws with the gay community in that we have a complete intolerance with anyone that isn't prepared to accept every single veiw that we hold - and brand them bigots and homophobes.
    I feel that we need to take a look at ourselves and perhaps approach things with a touch more humility.
    Anyway...just my thoughts.
    Cheers!

Posted by: JoshyBoy | May 28, 2014 5:12:53 PM

18. Sorry, but being gay does not mean being anti-Christian. I dislike the ACTIONS of the religious right too, but I am not going to go along with something like this that ridicules Christianity. As a same-sex oriented Christian who values my relationship with God more than all else, I find this posting very offensive and hateful.

Posted by: Malcolm | May 28, 2014 5:44:03 PM

19. Joshboy:
    What is your point? When someone pokes fun of the gay community, some in that community releases "a tirade of abuse". When I said it is OK to make fun of Christianity, you are upset and called me "naive". Just move on, time is too short to be upset about everything.

Posted by: rick | May 28, 2014 5:59:30 PM

20. Yes I agree! Also brought up in the chruch...I have a problem with the hipocracy of "religion" but have a strong faith. The problem isn't Christianity (who's mandate is to love) but with the individuals who twist Jesus' words and use them to attack others. It makes me so sad.

Posted by: JoshyBoy | May 28, 2014 5:59:50 PM

21. Oh Rick, or Simon...I'm not upset at all! I just wanted to point out that perhaps their was a viewpoint that you may not have considered. And then offering my thoughts on an area that the gay community could think on as a whole - an opinion given with love and respect. Nothing more xx

Posted by: JoshyBoy | May 28, 2014 6:04:22 PM

22. Don't know which is more offensive. The official church calling gays "intrinsically disordered" and Tim Donut saying gay couples only entitled to "friendship". And then some religious nuts upset about some little jokes.

Posted by: simon | May 28, 2014 6:07:40 PM

23. Joshboy:
    Your viewpoint has been "considered". The Church is still a joke.

Posted by: simon | May 28, 2014 6:11:03 PM

24. As a disclaimer, I don't represent any community, gay or not.

Posted by: simon | May 28, 2014 6:21:34 PM

25. Simon who cares what you represent? don't be ridiculous.

Posted by: Jay | May 28, 2014 6:49:38 PM