Dance | Music Video | News | Sia

Check out this 11-year-old Dance Star's Dazzling Performance in Sia’s ‘Chandelier’ - VIDEO

Screen Shot 2014-05-06 at 1.26.39 PM

Australian pop artist and prolific songwriter Sia has just released the music video for lead single “Chandelier” from her upcoming album 1000 Forms of Fear.

Although Sia does not make an appearance, the video features an incredible performance by Maddie Ziegler, the 11-year-old star of Lifetime’s “Dance Moms”

"Very proud of the gifted Maddie Ziegler, an incredible crew, choreographer Ryan Heffington, cinematographer Sebastian Wintero and my brilliant co-director Daniel Askill,” wrote Sia in a statement. “Together we shared a beautiful day, and created something we are all very proud of. Here are the fruits."

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP

Screen Shot 2014-05-06 at 1.29.47 PM

Comments

1. With the hair, she looks like a mini-Sia. Great dancing.

Posted by: Nate | May 6, 2014 8:05:33 PM

2. Maggie is great!

By the way, the show is "Dance Moms." Yes, that same Lifetime show with moms screaming at the dance teacher, Abby Lee Miller. There is more to the show than just the yelling. Abby Lee can choreograph winning dance numbers and encourage her students to perform them. The process ain't pretty but the dancing is.

Maddie has a younger sister who is poised to give Maddie some competition.

Posted by: Christopher | May 6, 2014 8:42:03 PM

3. Great song! God I love Sia's voice.

Posted by: daws | May 6, 2014 9:03:23 PM

4. I think I can safely say we all danced like that at probably her age xD!, ain't no shame on that, 10/10 love it

Posted by: MArk | May 6, 2014 10:02:45 PM

5. Sia consistently makes my favorite music and sings like no other. I hope this is the solo performance that catapults her onto everyone's playlist

Posted by: 604Brian | May 6, 2014 10:25:27 PM

6. Maddie is clearly a great talent. Not so sure about the guy who choreographed this though..

Posted by: JMC | May 6, 2014 10:56:02 PM

7. Not sure I get that it was an incredible performance. There are some good moves, but there wasn't much elegance to the rest - the transitions in particular looked very amateur - no lines - and no extension. Just straightening the leg would have helped make it look less awkward during those transitions. Just my non-professional, opinionated take.

Posted by: pt | May 6, 2014 11:12:56 PM

8. Amazing! Extreme talent and grace. She is a Star. This is a Great song by Sia. Xo's

Posted by: AnthonyR | May 7, 2014 12:26:34 PM

9. I have to say that that is an extremely adult dance for a pre-teen. And while she performed it competently, it was hideous--simply bad and over-indulgent--choreography.

Posted by: woodroad34 | May 7, 2014 1:08:23 PM

10. I can't believe some people can't see the artistic value of this piece !! And for those inside the box it is suppose to look awkward and not perfect.

Posted by: jen | Jun 29, 2014 3:26:17 PM