HGTV | News | Reality TV

Right-Wing Extremist Benham Twins Hit CNN to Complain That HGTV Was Bullied into Dumping Them: VIDEO

3_benhams

Anti-Gay, anti-Choice, and anti-Muslim extremists David and Jason Benham appeared on CNN yesterday to discuss the cancellation of their show and said they believed HGBT was "bullied" into dumping them:

"We love all people. I love homosexuals. I love Islam, Muslims, and my brother and I would never discriminate. Never have we -- never would we," said David Benham. "Never have I ever spoken against homosexuals, as individuals, and gone against them. I speak about an agenda. And that's really what the point of this is -- is that there is an agenda that is seeking to silence the voices of men and women of faith."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Previously...
HGTV Cancels Show After Stars Revealed to be Anti-Gay, Anti-Choice, Anti-Muslim Extremists [tlrd]
Benham Bros: 'Anyone Who Suggests We Hate Homosexuals...is Misinformed or Lying' [tlrd]

Comments

1. The only people with an 'agenda' are the right-wing so-called christians who would not only like to deny gay people their basic human right to marry, but also want to refuse to do business with them, prohibit them from adopting children, and get them fired from their jobs.

Their whole 'hate the sin, love the sinner' proposition requires a level of nuance and sophistication that these people are not capable of, and so they end up hating both.

They base their hatred on a selective reading of the old testament while ignoring all the 'abominations' in those passages that apply to themselves.

This is why our Founders and Framers made sure to separate church from state - because so-called christians can't operate without hate.

Posted by: disgusted merican | May 9, 2014 9:22:21 AM

2. Wow is that what we are calling abortion now? a choice? seriously, how sad.

Posted by: Jay | May 9, 2014 9:26:06 AM

3. Any one who tries to defend their non-bigotry by calling gays 'homosexuals' is a bigot. When was the last time you heard us use the word 'homosexual'?

Posted by: michaelr | May 9, 2014 9:27:47 AM

4. If "men and women of faith" didn't go around denouncing those of other faiths and sexual orientations, "men and women of faith" wouldn't have to worry about being silenced. Poor darlings.

Posted by: Roscoe | May 9, 2014 9:29:45 AM

5. I'm not against Christians. I'm just against everything they do, everything they say, and every time they breathe.

Posted by: RomanHans | May 9, 2014 9:30:47 AM

6. Will someone please think of the poor white Christian struggle? Constantly getting hated on for no reason at all.

Posted by: Mike Hunt | May 9, 2014 9:33:40 AM

7. They seem never to have actually read the teachings of the Jesus. Like all the other "christianizes". Strange.

Posted by: kdknyc | May 9, 2014 9:34:26 AM

8. Christian love is an Orwellian oxymoron

Posted by: Steve | May 9, 2014 9:39:19 AM

9. Did they just lie on CNN?

Posted by: ppp | May 9, 2014 9:39:51 AM

10. I really think I'll explode the next time I hear the word agenda.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | May 9, 2014 9:40:20 AM

11. They were already filming. I wonder how much HGTV paid these two homophobes to walk away from their contract.

Posted by: Mitch | May 9, 2014 9:45:29 AM

12. People that 'love the homosexuals' don't waste their time enshrining discrimination into law.

So pretty. So dumb.

Don't think too hard, boys. You're heads might explode.

Posted by: pete n sfo | May 9, 2014 9:46:24 AM

13. Two very cute guys with tiny speech impediments, doing their best to make daddy happy even though they're just a little different. They need to spend some time in the Big City.

Posted by: Markt | May 9, 2014 9:48:10 AM

14. On the agenda front, when was the last time (if ever) you heard someone call the civil rights movement and agenda? if people can't organize to demand their rights, then how are they supposed to get them? These two are nothing but a pair of hypocrites.

Posted by: Jay | May 9, 2014 9:57:13 AM

15. I'm waiting for the sex tape I haven't the slightest doubt these two made.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | May 9, 2014 10:07:22 AM

16. I hadn't heard a good "DUMB BLOND" joke in awhile. Thanks for a double dose of stupid, fellas!

Posted by: Wavin' Dave | May 9, 2014 10:11:24 AM

17. The bigotry of the "gay-rights" movement, and the liberal establishment in this nation, is appalling, and will continue to make more Americans get a very bad taste in their mouths about the bullying-tactics of the Left. No one likes a bully. And the activist gay-rights movement continues to bully those who don't believe as they do.

Posted by: Jon | May 9, 2014 10:13:02 AM

18. Poor persecuted christians. You'd think someone was throwing them to the lions.

Posted by: Jason MacBride | May 9, 2014 10:14:34 AM

19. I see we have a new troll on here today.

What else should be expected from those who hate gays more than they love God?

Posted by: Michael | May 9, 2014 10:17:56 AM

20. @JAY, unfortunately, the RIGHT are now saying it civil rights were an agenda that never netted anything, therefore let's rescind all the civil rights laws that were put on the books in the 60's.

And THAT right-wing agenda is moving forward.

Posted by: Rad | May 9, 2014 10:17:59 AM

21. They should just shut up and make out already. You can tell they want to.

Posted by: John in Houston | May 9, 2014 10:24:59 AM

22. 1st I am not the Tyler most are used to seeing on this site.
    I worry about our becoming intolerant to a level that approaches the extreme levels of those we disagree with.

Posted by: Tyler (from NY) | May 9, 2014 10:28:49 AM

23. I've got a deal for you guys. You can have your HGTV show back BUT every episode has to be centered on you helping a gay family transform their home. You claim to love homosexuals so why don't you prove it. Since I'm sure you've happily worked with LOTS of gay clients in the past you shouldn't have any problem, right?.

Posted by: e.c. | May 9, 2014 10:38:57 AM

24. We love the people, but we don't love their agendas. Isn't it funny how some people don't pay any attention to what comes out of their own mouths? Typical self-righteous Fundies.

Posted by: Jack M | May 9, 2014 10:48:24 AM

25. I believe one thing these liars are saying and that is that HGTV knew who they were when they offered these tools a show.

Posted by: ROSEMARY WOODHOUSE | May 9, 2014 10:57:30 AM