Benham Brothers | HGTV | News

Here is Would-Be HGTV Star David Benham Describing Homosexuality as a 'Demonic' Force: AUDIO

4_benham

As you know, the Benham twins were on CNN yesterday explaining to Erin Burnett that they "love homosexuals."

Listen to this segment from a January 2012 interview with anti-gay activist Michael Brown and decide if that claim holds up.

Said Benham:

"We have the tools, we have the stones, we have the weapons, we’ve been faithful with the lion and bear stories, we’re charging at this Goliath called abortion and when we take Goliath down, I promise you, all of the church will start coming out of the caves. The homosexual agenda is next, tolerance towards radical Islam is next, we’re going to start taking these Goliaths down, we’re not afraid anymore...'Our struggle is not against flesh and blood but against the principalities, rulers and authorities of darkness.’ We love these people and so we are not going to allow the demonic forces and agendas behind them to destroy life."

Listen, below (via Right Wing Watch):

Comments

1. Satan took away their TV show!

Posted by: John | May 9, 2014 12:22:03 PM

2. I'm not a Force of Darkness;
    I am a Being of Light.

Posted by: Raybob | May 9, 2014 12:22:50 PM

3. Both of these guys are attractive and masculine....they didn't need to do this...sad..

Posted by: styler | May 9, 2014 12:33:33 PM

4. And we're the bullies?

Posted by: BETTY | May 9, 2014 12:33:44 PM

5. They are white arrogants to keep defending this...

Posted by: styler | May 9, 2014 12:37:01 PM

6. Never zealotry sounded more insane: He really is throwing a call-to-arms for a new holy war, to genocide all non-Christians... Or in his case, a quite strict extremist (disillusioned) form of Christianity.

Posted by: Phillie | May 9, 2014 12:37:13 PM

7. Religion is a mental illness.

Posted by: Scudder | May 9, 2014 12:38:25 PM

8. The largest, one of the oldest religious institution in human history describe themselves as David in 'David vs. Goliath'? Interesting.

By the way, David was gay. ask Jonathan

Posted by: Alain | May 9, 2014 12:40:44 PM

9. I watched the interview with Benham Twins on CNN. First of all, their claim that the views of Christians were being "silenced" is BS, since many Gay people ARE Christian, and many Christian churches support equality for Gay Americans. And when they talk about the sinister "Gay Agenda," they never detail what that "agenda" is. Well, Straight people have never had to worry about being fired from their jobs, kicked out of their rental properties, turned away from businesses, or denied the right to marry the person they love just because of THEIR sexual orientation. I don't think it's asking too much that Gay people shouldn't have to worry about these things either. THAT'S what the "Gay Agenda" is.

David Benham has made it abundantly clear that he thinks marriage equality for law-abiding, taxpaying Gay couples is somehow "attacking the nation," and that, "We are not going to allow the demonic forces and agendas behind them to destroy life."

Sorry, but I think that goes a little beyond the pale. David Benham may say he doesn't HATE anyone, but the animosity he has often expressed toward Muslims and Gay people is all I need to know. He has every right to his prejudices, but he does NOT have a right to a program on a private TV network.

But who knows? Maybe the Benham Twins can get a time slot on the Christian Broadcasting Network or Fox News.

Posted by: Chuck Anziulewicz | May 9, 2014 12:42:00 PM

10. Now I'm at the point where the more dirt they dig up on these guys, the happier I'll be. That's my agenda.

Posted by: Jack M | May 9, 2014 12:45:56 PM

11. Just replace the word "jesus" with "aliens" and this whole "interview" becomes more amusing.

Posted by: jeo | May 9, 2014 12:47:48 PM

12. Thoughtful, spot-on comments by everyone.

Thank you.

Posted by: jamal49 | May 9, 2014 12:48:26 PM

13. Not exactly the voices of calm, reasonable debate there, are they?

Posted by: anon | May 9, 2014 12:48:34 PM

14. @styler, they are closeted fags that's why they had to do it!

Posted by: litper | May 9, 2014 12:51:51 PM

15. Sorry, but both of these guys are a can of beer short of a six-pack.

Posted by: mike | May 9, 2014 12:52:55 PM

16. So they're lying. Actively breaking the Ninth Commandment. That's a sin, yo.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | May 9, 2014 1:00:27 PM

17. After that statement, nail, meet coffin.

Posted by: Keith | May 9, 2014 1:10:01 PM

18. The most shocking thing about this story is that somehow Sarah Palin hasn't forced herself into it yet.

Posted by: crispy | May 9, 2014 1:23:37 PM

19. You have to marvel at the Christian two-step.

I think you should burn in hell. But I still love you though.

And they'll say it in all sincerity with a straight face too.

Posted by: Matthew | May 9, 2014 1:30:20 PM

20. What is wrong with you people? I had always thought gay men were generally of higher intelligence than the posts here would suggest. Perhaps those with common sense beyond what is possessed by a house plant stopped posting here. Talk about bitter queens. Why do you consistently suggest people who you despise are gay?

Posted by: Wendy3Becca | May 9, 2014 1:46:10 PM

21. Wendy, the ones who protest the loudest are generally the ones who are on the down-low. Truly straight men don't really give much thought to the gay. They are more interested in getting with the women.

We don't want to claim these guys as gay, though. The are closeted (or repressed) pole-smokers. Not gay.

Posted by: kdknyc | May 9, 2014 1:53:02 PM

22. You know, I have met plenty of heterosexual homophobes and I personally do not buy into the idea that biggest homophobes are always self-loathing gays. Especially given how institutionalized it is in pretty much all religions and how heteronormative society is. The fact that hate crimes are rising against sexual minorities and laws in several countries are now so draconian, I find it hard to believe it is just one of our own who can't accept himself, not on the scale it is, the right wing is basically going berserk over the few freedoms we have gained recent;y. Personally, I find religion to be the one poisoning humanity and causing this hatred of gays. But that's too obvious for people, I guess.

Posted by: WayneMPLS | May 9, 2014 2:09:55 PM

23. When reading about these two brothers, I cannot help but think of the many scriptural injunctions and passages that seem to apply, such as:

"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor." - Ten Commandments

"There are six things that the LORD strongly dislikes, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers." —Proverbs 6:16–19

"You shall not spread a false report. You shall not join hands with a wicked man to be a malicious witness. You shall not fall in with the many to do evil, nor shall you bear witness in a lawsuit, siding with the many, so as to pervert justice, nor shall you be partial to a poor man in his lawsuit." — Exodus 23:1-2

“No one who practices deceit shall dwell in my house; no one who utters lies shall continue before my eyes.” - Psalm 101:7

“Like the glaze covering an earthen vessel are fervent lips with an evil heart. Whoever hates disguises himself with his lips and harbors deceit in his heart; when he speaks graciously, believe him not, for there are seven abominations in his heart; though his hatred be covered with deception, his wickedness will be exposed in the assembly.” - Proverbs 26:23-26

“Whoever says he is in the light and hates his brother is still in darkness.” - 1 John 2:9

“You hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, when he said: ‘This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’” - Matthew 15:7-9

“For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive.” - Romans 16:18

And so on, and so forth.

Posted by: edude | May 9, 2014 2:25:55 PM

24. They've spelled out their chirstianist agenda pretty clearly.

Posted by: David | May 9, 2014 2:28:14 PM

25. @Wayne, generally I have to agree, any religious group that has to hate others to survive is not religious. It's a cult trying to force it's beliefs on everyone else. I realize that many Christians are loving and accepting, but most xtians are not, I believe the majority of Muslims are fairly tolerant (though Christians have 700 years on them to learn tolerance) but the taliban, Al Queda, and the Saudi regime are not at all tolerant (there are more I'm certain---add the Sultan of Brunei) most Buddhists I know are tolerant, Hindus and Sikhs also. In all these religions there tends to be a fringe which extremely intolerant of their own religious fellows and all others (my aunt spent most of her adult life going from one exclusionary xtian sect to another, splitting and reforming many times due to arguments within the 'congregants'. All of a sudden though she goes from right wing of Louie Gohmert to a supporter of Obama -- because she developed MS and needed government support to keep her healthy. She realized all the hate she had been spewing was just that HATE, now she is a Christian. Surprising what a bit of forced humility can do.

Posted by: Steve | May 9, 2014 2:33:05 PM