James Franco Hoped to ‘Blow Up Twitter’ by Cuddling Shirtless in Bed with Keegan Allen

Allen_franco

James Franco has a very calculated and mischievous social media strategy (as if you had any doubts), according to Pretty Little Liars actor Keegan Allen, with whom Franco posed for a provocative selfie last week.

Said Allen to E! News reporter Marc Malkin:

"I went to go say hey to him in his dressing room. There were a lot of people there and I asked him, 'What's the way to do the best selfie in bed?' and he showed me. And then he climbed in really quickly and he was like, ‘Let's blow up Twitter for a second.'"

Comments

1. Liar says

“I went to go say hey to him in his dressing room. There were a lot of people there and I asked him, ‘What’s the way to do the best selfie in bed?’ and he showed me.

2. TheOtherOne says

Although I’m very fond of Franco the actor, Franco the conceptual artist is just plain lame. And honestly, isn’t this “am I gay or not?” game is well into the “using gayness to draw attention to myself” is a bit patronizing, possibly worse. He doesn’t seem to realize that. We know you’re our pal, James, but either come out or stop using us to appropriate coolness. That scheme was tired before you were even born.

3. Tigernan says

I’m kind of a Franco fan, but I do think the whole cutesy gay stuff has run its course. You’re not one of us James, and its great your an ally, but you’re using the shock value of your interaction with us to your own ends. Or if not, then prove me wrong by not doing it anymore and still remaining an ally.

4. Rich says

I’m trying to figure out how this can possibly be a selfie as opposed to a picture taken by someone else. A mirror on the ceiling and either Franco’s right hand or Allen’s left hand poking out from under the covers just out of frame? Who has mirrors on the ceiling of his dressing room?

5. disgusted merican says

Why doesn’t he do something useful — like seduce Kirk Cameron.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | May 5, 2014 2:32:46 PM

Now THATs FUNNY…I LAughed!!!!

6. Drake says

I think that Franco has gone over the deep end. His pseudo-gay schtick is waaay old now. Either come out as gay, or let’s see you with a girl.

7. MichaelJ says

I agree with TheOtherOne and Tigernan: Franco’s publicly playing around with and appropriating all things gay is lame, tiresome, patronizing and self-serving.

He seems too intelligent to be a pathetic closet case, in this day and age where more and more young actors have come out, but perhaps I am being naïve.

8. says

*yawn*

Franco’s daily reserves of attention are running low, so he’s resorting to his usual “Hey look, everyone! I’m doing something gay but I swear I’m really not!” tactic.

At least he’s mixing it up by hitting on teenage girls and posting nude shots.

9. Arrow says

After his most recent selfies (published yesterday) that will now be impossible. It was quickly deleted, but not before the British tabloids snatched it. He jumped the shark in an embarrassing sweat covered, dazed, hand in the black saggy underwear shot. Comments rated beyond stank. He’s lost it.

10. GregV says

Seeing two men kiss or two men sharing a bed or two men with their arms around each other is NOT a “shocker” except to homophobes. And the more that straight, gay and bi guys alike are completely uninhibited about being visible in those “compromising” positions, the sooner the bigots will get used to it and get over the phobia.
    James Franco understands that. He is a true ally who knows the value of challenging closed-minded people’s comfort zones and presumptions without even arguing with them.