Derrick Gordon | News

NCAA Basketball Player Derrick Gordon Dating ‘CSI’ Actor Gerald McCullouch

Screen Shot 2014-05-06 at 11.16.57 AM

E! News is reporting that Derrick Gordon, the first openly gay NCAA Division One male basketball player, is now dating former CSI actor Gerald McCullouch. The two were photographed together at the GLAAD Media Awards in New York over the weekend (and smooching on the red carpet).

Screen Shot 2014-05-06 at 10.53.02 AMThe 47-year old actor told the outlet that he first connected with the 22-year-old University of Massachusetts player years ago on Twitter.

"Through the years I've encouraged him to lead an authentic life and tried my best to offer as much objective support as possible," said McCullouch

The two met in person for the first time last month, with McCullouch saying there's "certainly a spark" between them, adding, "I'm very proud of him and think he's an engaging, courageous, and handsome young man."

(photo via Instagram and Twitter)

Comments

1. Cue the agist remarks in 3..2..1...

Posted by: BETTY | May 6, 2014 12:38:38 PM

2. Eww. I don't want to sound like an ageist, but McCullough is more than twice Gordon's age. Just seems creepy.

Posted by: Anon | May 6, 2014 12:40:32 PM

3. And? If YOU don't like it, only date people around your birthday. Geesh.

Posted by: BETTY | May 6, 2014 12:43:29 PM

4. What an odd pairing. Truly. (Partially because I get weirded out by wide age margins in relationships. My best friend is married to a woman 20 years older and it's gross to me. But then again, she is gross to me anyway...) And if you look at the pic of them "kissing" it does not appear to be remotely comfortable, Derrick is shooting daggers with his eyes.

Posted by: Macguffin54 | May 6, 2014 12:44:09 PM

5. I'll go the other way Betty. Gerald loves his BBC.

Posted by: Sam | May 6, 2014 12:45:40 PM

6. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE these wide-age-margin- couples ...especially when their relationships last long...
    Also: the fact that the prudes come out against them makes me smile even more!
    =)

Posted by: George F | May 6, 2014 12:49:15 PM

7. His mother is probably crying her eyes out. I would be...but you can only do so much as a parent. Just sick and sad...

Posted by: June | May 6, 2014 12:51:39 PM

8. Maybe this will be something that works out for the both of them. And that would be great. Plus I think they look hot together.

But I really do have to shake my head at this. This and the Dustin Lance Black/Tom Daley pairing really put gay men, particularly older gay men, in an unsavory light.

Posted by: joe | May 6, 2014 12:55:56 PM

9. SICK, June? Who the hell are you to judge?

Posted by: MATTROCKS | May 6, 2014 12:56:04 PM

10. I have the right to my opinion. You can disagree. This young is dating his grandpa...it turns my stomach. But at least he is of legal age...which is not always the case with some gays..

Posted by: June | May 6, 2014 12:59:28 PM

11. They look happy. Good for them.

Posted by: Randy | May 6, 2014 12:59:47 PM

12. It concerns me a bit that they first started communicating in depth when one of them was a minor and the other a full-fledged adult. That said, love is love, regardless of age difference between adults. As long as it's truly consensual and they're both happy, no problem.

Posted by: Birdmischief | May 6, 2014 1:00:31 PM

13. being with older guys...in hindsight I kind of regret some of the offers from older men...and wish I had been a bit less ageist...mainly because there's kind of a cool energy that comes with being with an older guy...it's different emotionally...in a good way. I don't prefer older men, but I think I could have had more fun flings with them.

Posted by: someone | May 6, 2014 1:02:19 PM

14. @BIRDMISCHEIF...It is called "grooming". He basically groomed this poor child. Did his parents know that he was communicating with this old man?

Posted by: June | May 6, 2014 1:03:31 PM

15. Oh June, you have been commenting on a bunch of stories here and it is quite clear you dislike gay people. I have a question for you: do you equally judge from your perch heterosexual relationships that involve younger/older people?

Posted by: MATTROCKS | May 6, 2014 1:05:03 PM

16. Groomed? You know that for a fact? Give it a rest and get off your moral high horse.

Posted by: MATTROCKS | May 6, 2014 1:07:16 PM

17. Another gay with daddy issues dating a guy who is obviously a perverted old creeper.

Posted by: Perry | May 6, 2014 1:07:46 PM

18. Simmer down, Betty, simmer down. And learn how to spell "ageist."

Posted by: Sean Maloney | May 6, 2014 1:08:16 PM

19. Oy …if his mum is “crying her eyes out” over whom her 22-year-old son is dating, she needs a hobby.

Posted by: Carlie | May 6, 2014 1:11:37 PM

20. Oops, sorry.

Posted by: BETTY | May 6, 2014 1:12:12 PM

21. June AKA Perry: you do know that the term "May, December" was coined to describe HETEROSEXUAL relationships.

Posted by: MATTROCKS | May 6, 2014 1:13:46 PM

22. "Sick and sad?" Contain your dickishness, people. My husband and I are 19 years apart and we're doing just fine without any extra scrutiny from the peanut gallery. If you're disgusted by any particular kind of relationship, don't engage in it. It's not your place to tell other people who to love.

Posted by: JK | May 6, 2014 1:18:03 PM

23. JK, congratulations to you and your husband! Being mostly a Twitter animal, if I could retweet your comment here, I would do so with great gusto and pleasure.

Posted by: Birdmischief | May 6, 2014 1:26:58 PM

24. Question to al those who wrote above about the age difference - Why does it bother you?

I am dating someone my own age (both 33) and I don't understand why anyone cares about an age difference for OTHER people.

To me it is like being offended that 2 men or 2 women are together or an interracial couple.

Why is someone bothered if 2 people like each other and are different ages?

Posted by: Mark | May 6, 2014 1:28:37 PM

25. Yes, June. McCullouch manipulated and coerced a 19-year-old college student into being gay; he must be quite the Svengali.

Posted by: Carlie | May 6, 2014 1:31:27 PM