Barack Obama | News

President Obama Took a Walk and Surprised a Lot of People: VIDEO

Walk_obama

President Obama decided to walk to the Department of the Interior instead of taking The Beast, and gave a lot of people the photo-op of a lifetime.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Look at him just strolling along. God that guy is lazy.

Posted by: snork | May 22, 2014 2:31:44 PM

2. Walking around people is a social thing, he's obviously pushing a socialist agenda that targets the rich. I hope our friends at FOX call him out on it and make a huge deal about how horrible he is for walking and...stuff

Posted by: John | May 22, 2014 2:41:33 PM

3. No sporting events involved?

Posted by: Gary | May 22, 2014 2:43:16 PM

4. *Sigh* I guess respect is going out the window. When the President stands like him/her or not, out of respect to the OFFICE, you stand.

Otherwise, pretty cool. I think more public officials should do this. Get out, see & meet the people you pass laws about. If you are afraid of your people or meeting them then we have a problem... with you!

Posted by: Nemo | May 22, 2014 2:48:42 PM

5. damm - I wish I got to meet him personally....

Posted by: disgusted merican | May 22, 2014 2:56:01 PM

6. So jealous.

Posted by: DavidR | May 22, 2014 3:39:43 PM

7. I thought the same thing Gary. He's the President, stand up you stupid hicks!

Posted by: Keith | May 22, 2014 3:40:07 PM

8. How dare he be taking a break when he should be smooching every butt in the GOP and doing everything they need him to do to create a theocracy in the good old US of A?

Posted by: Jack M | May 22, 2014 3:41:43 PM

9. Woot! Love the expression on that woman's face.

Posted by: Josh | May 22, 2014 3:42:03 PM

10. It reminds me of that one episode in Veep when they decided to go talk to some "normals"

Posted by: bernard | May 22, 2014 4:02:30 PM

11. Great point about the nitwits who did not stand. I will give them the benefit of the doubt that it is such a shock to see the President walking along a sidewalk they may have been just dumbfounded.

Posted by: DC Insider | May 22, 2014 4:04:00 PM

12. It is sad the world has changed so much the political leaders cannot meet people in the streets, talk with them without very heavy security. I think it is wonderful he did this and hopefully will do it again (as long as it is safe to him and people who meet him).

Posted by: Matt27 | May 22, 2014 4:06:50 PM

13. I love that man! Don't send any hate replies. Just enjoy it.....

Posted by: Dan | May 22, 2014 4:27:02 PM

14. If I could vote for him again I wouldn't hesitate.

Posted by: ny2.0 | May 22, 2014 5:03:19 PM

15. Great job from the President!! However, I would not be surprised to hear that Rep Darrell Issa has subpoenaed everyone the President spoke with during his walk looking for a scandal... I wonder what he would call that scandal??? I am sure Fox News is already working on one

Posted by: Scott | May 22, 2014 6:10:25 PM

16. Best President in the last 100 years.

Posted by: Malo | May 22, 2014 6:58:27 PM

17. He has a nice ass, sorry I had to say that, dammmmmm, can't believe his age xd!

Posted by: MArk | May 22, 2014 7:56:36 PM

18. 1:22 tight pants, and thanks mr. president I will dedicate one tonight xD!!!

Posted by: MArk | May 22, 2014 7:58:01 PM

19. That woman and her family was so awesome. Seeing how excited she was just to meet the president made my day. There's still hope!

Posted by: Jeremy S. | May 22, 2014 7:59:26 PM

20. "Best President in the last 100 years"

Better than Roosevelt or Truman?!?! Um, no.

Posted by: Henry Holland | May 22, 2014 11:06:11 PM

21. Good to see YOU, Mr. President! Lucky folks!

Posted by: Retro | May 23, 2014 2:02:54 AM

22. No people should not have to stand. That is the definition of freedom. Also should not have to "pledge allegiance" to anything, or stand or remove your hat at sports games.

Posted by: Stephen | May 23, 2014 7:50:10 AM

23. Not only would I stand immediately, I would likely begin to weep a little, and ask for permission for a hug.

I have never loved or been so grateful for a President as I have for Mr. Obama.

We are still an imperfect union & so is the Prez, but we're a helluva lot better than we were under Bush!

Posted by: pete n sfo | May 23, 2014 8:47:22 AM

24. Lay off the people who were sitting. They were talking about the funeral of a loved one. Obviously they are grieving. Cut them some slack, you insensitive twits.

Posted by: Mercy | May 23, 2014 9:54:46 AM