Comments

1. Cam says

Seems like he has a good grasp, already got the sex scandal out of the way and is a hometown guy. Looks like he can really take the fight to the GOP.

2. ColinATL says

I have to admit that he has way exceeded my expectations so far. And it would be awesome to get rid of Ellmers, who ran “the most baldly anti-Muslim ad of the year” in 2010, according to Salon.

3. ROSEMARY WOODHOUSE says

Why not include the entire quote?

Still, he insisted that it was “not the issue” that he’s running on.

“It’s not why I’m in this race,” Aiken, 35, noted. “It’s not an issue that’s really on the radar for most people in the second district of North Carolina. It’s not something that effects people’s daily lives.”

What an idiot.

4. Shanefull says

Rosemary he is right that this Federal seat he is trying to win is to represent the people in his district which is majorly old conservative farmers. It isn’t called the House of Representatives for nothing.

5. Suse says

To Rosemary: Clay made PSA’s to advocate the defeat of NC’s Amendment One which curtailed the rights of not only gay couples but any domestic partners. His position now is that the State of NC voters have chosen Amendment One and the battle to overthrow it now belongs to the courts. As a representative he will concentrate on jobs and the economy, healthcare, veterans and their families, teachers and education, and the issues his constituents consider the most pressing – issues of economic survival and education as the key to a better life. Everything in its time. Rep. Ellmers has already accused him of having “San Francisco” values. Give him a chance. He’s bright, hard working and loves NC and its people, especially those whose voices have not been heard by present Rep.

6. Jerry says

One thing I will say for Aiken: queen showed up READY. Olivia Pope has drilled Clay on the talking points so much that he probably works through contentious FOX News interviews IN HIS SLEEP.

I love seen politicians who are ON POINT when they show up and can’t be flustered.

7. GB says

I hope Clay has a shot. He’s right about the radar, which most gays do not possess. Colbert’s act is tiresome. I hope he drops it before Letterman take over.