Bash Back | Transgender | Video

Trans-Woman Gives A Beatdown To A Drunk Mouthy Transphobe - VIDEO

Yikes

A 2008 study said that one-in-four trans people experience harassment during their lifetime. That includes this trans-woman who gets sick of being insulted by a drunk passenger on the bus. She fights back by basically pummeling the guy and daring him to talk more trash — it’s kinda righteous.

Haters, you’ve been put on notice.

Watch the video AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Posted by: TB | May 18, 2014 8:05:33 AM

2. Beating up a drunk is just as cowardly as what the drunk did. I hope this person is arrested.

Posted by: Knock | May 18, 2014 8:07:02 AM

3. I'm proud of her--totally righteous. There is no license to bully--not religion, not ignorance, and certainly not alcohol.

Posted by: Akrontru | May 18, 2014 8:13:52 AM

4. So while that is briefly satisfying in a completely uncivilized way, is that how we want people responding to verbal insults? Just curious. Now, if he had approached her, or laid even a finger on her, I would support her taking him all the way out. But I am not sure this is something folks should celebrate and ultimately I don't think it does the cause any good at all.

Posted by: ChrisQ | May 18, 2014 8:17:31 AM

5. Knock Knock
    who's there?

He's NOT that Drunk
    he got up & walked
    &
    He should not be arrested

Posted by: Deen | May 18, 2014 8:20:23 AM

6. I don't know. Kinda loving this!

Posted by: John | May 18, 2014 8:20:42 AM

7. I side with her No usually that isn't the way to deal with things but it seems that diplomacy has failed and battle is what's needed in some instances So beat this fool down sister a little hard earned respect will hopefully have been learned by him and she has mine

Posted by: Jeff | May 18, 2014 8:22:45 AM

8. You can't get up and pummel someone. I remember two viral trans videos: one in Chicago on a train where the lady puts the bully in his place verbally ("Oh I'm getting off on JARVIS, baby, (waving her high heel) Why don't we walk together?!") and another more viral one where a trans maces a kid after SHE egged him on. He was pretty much done and she kept the back-and-forth going. It was a kid and she maced him in the face then ran off the subway.

Posted by: MIke | May 18, 2014 8:23:08 AM

9. Drunk or not his ass got what he deserved!!!

Posted by: Alan | May 18, 2014 8:23:14 AM

10. I got punched out by a trans woman who thought I'd said something to her - I honestly had not and who knows what she thought she heard - and I nearly lost an eye because of her ring. So yeah, I applaud sticking up for yourself, but I have yet to meet an even remotely pleasant trans person.

Posted by: Tigernan | May 18, 2014 8:24:01 AM

11. I can't believe people would advocate assaulting someone because of words they said. Come on, gays, we used to be a LOT tougher than this.

Posted by: Tigernan | May 18, 2014 8:24:56 AM

12. Wow - Andy Towle is promoting violence via his website.

Posted by: snork | May 18, 2014 8:36:54 AM

13. Now, had he had beat her we'd be hearing about it for days. Violence is never an acceptable response unless it's used as self defense from assault. We don't get to rally against violence, and then condone it when one of us commits it. She should be condemned by the community, not praised.

Posted by: Sean | May 18, 2014 8:48:02 AM

14. 25 years ago, the rest of the bus would've been laughing and laughing and the trans woman would've been embarrassed into depression and possible suicide.

I believe it shows we know there ain't nothin' wrong with us and we're willing to stand up for ourselves. It's the schoolyard bully getting his comeuppance.

Posted by: the other Ken | May 18, 2014 8:48:58 AM

15. The man who is dressed as a woman should realize that you have to dress modestly when on public transport. If I were the bus driver, I would have kicked him off the bus.

Posted by: petey | May 18, 2014 8:53:21 AM

16. To be fair to Andy Towle, it is not Andy but Daniel Villarreal whose name appears at the bottom of this article. Andy needs to remove Daniel from the site.

Posted by: petey | May 18, 2014 8:57:12 AM

17. I don't like violence. But this made me smile a bit. :P

Posted by: sparks | May 18, 2014 9:00:02 AM

18. Ghetto.

Posted by: AJ | May 18, 2014 9:05:21 AM

19. Trans community is way too violent and angry.

Posted by: Sean | May 18, 2014 9:06:28 AM

20. If the trans people were truly comfortable in their own skins, they wouldn't constantly be arguing with people, and not just this incident either. Say anything that goes outside worshipping them, and the trasn activists throw a crazy fit

Posted by: Marcus latino | May 18, 2014 9:07:54 AM

21. Most trans people have a violent record. Those are facts.

Posted by: Jenny | May 18, 2014 9:09:24 AM

22. I have to echo many of the comments. I fully support trans rights, but the trans community, notably the money hungry TRANS ACTIVISTS, are on a mission to make EVERYTHING an issue. They pick constant fights with gays and lesbians over silly little things. The last straw that alienated many from the trans community was their VICIOUS attack of Rupaul and the silly campy Rupauls Drag Race show. That was a very revealing episode about how MILITANT trans activists can be, and it turned sooooooooo many people off from their movement. Just read hundreds of blogs and the backlash the trans community received for that. But they don't care. Their agenda revolves around fights.

Posted by: USC Fan | May 18, 2014 9:11:49 AM

23. It's not the way I'd have responded, but this had me smiling and even laughing. It's too bad she went so easy on the creep.

Posted by: jomicur | May 18, 2014 9:21:57 AM

24. If it's a matter of taking abuse and feeling bad or fighting back and feeling good, I'll take the latter. Sometimes, we all have to bash back.

Posted by: parkrunner | May 18, 2014 9:27:08 AM

25. Not fighting back never got us anywhere. It's only in the last few years we've managed to grow a pair. Girl did good.

Posted by: Paul | May 18, 2014 9:29:26 AM