Cats | Dogs | News | Pets

World's Most Selfless Cat Still Protecting Little Boy as News Crew Visits: VIDEO

Boy_cat

By now you've seen the super-viral video of a California boy being saved from a vicious dog by the family cat. A local news station went to visit the boy, and the cat is still by his side.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. That little boy with his cat is the sweetest thing I have seen in a long time. When cats adopt you, you couldn't have a better friend and what's more, they don't jack off on you like dogs, don't drool, don't drop their poop for you to pick up anywhere they want. That said, dogs can be wonderful companions too, but many many more people choose cats or rather cats choose many many more people ;-)

Posted by: BrokebackBob | May 15, 2014 10:09:16 AM

2. Our two boys, Black Jack and Izzy, love us so much and show it all the time. I believe they would protect us too.♥

Posted by: peter | May 15, 2014 10:28:51 AM

3. Maybe they should have cut around the part where the cat tries to leave and is placed back by the boy's side, and he grabs it by the paw hard so hard that the cat meow repeatedly.

Posted by: cooley | May 15, 2014 10:50:20 AM

4. I found myself wishing that the cat would chase the newspeople away.

Posted by: Demian | May 15, 2014 11:20:43 AM

5. That cat is a trooper. Little boys (especially that one) can be a little rough on pets and the cat just takes it in stride for the most part. The cat also has a very wise face, or what I interpret as such. Such a great story.

Posted by: AriesMatt | May 15, 2014 12:23:28 PM

6. Cats are extremely territorial animals and very dangerous. If cats were the size of lions they would take over the world.

Just wait until this kid does something the cat doesn't like, and the cat attacks the kid. Will there be a bunch of warm fuzzies then too?

I'd like to see a story about how in the last month I've been attacked 2 times by 3 different cats when walking my dog on a leash.

The cats came off their lots and chased us down the block attacking my dog and scratching his face, with me repeatedly kicking the cat back away from us.

The cats were "protecting" their blocks. I don't this this is especially unusual behavior.

Posted by: NOTICE | May 15, 2014 12:57:40 PM

7. Yeah, my cat attacks dogs all the time, jumps on their backs, rides around… but she just scares them, doesn't hurt them. The problem is the owners that try to intervene, those she'll ravage. Usually a leg if it's bare—scratches, puncture wounds, not a pretty sight. Not a good thing, but I just keep her away from dogs as much as possible. And people if they're dog people. I can't believe I'm actually writing this, my apologies.

Posted by: tinkerbelle | May 15, 2014 1:47:01 PM

8. I'm not a cat fan, but this particular cat is indeed something special to behold. It's just amazing to watch. It's something you would expect a loyal dog to do but not a cat.

Posted by: ny2.0 | May 15, 2014 4:55:27 PM

9. At least one cat in the world is not evil.

Posted by: jarago | May 15, 2014 5:31:54 PM

10. You can tell theirs a lot going on behind that cats eyes.

Posted by: Andrew | May 15, 2014 6:38:40 PM