Comments

1. Javier says

I make one every year for my birthday. I use raspberry jam as the filling between layers. Each layer has its own flavor (cherry, orange, lemon, lime, blueberry, grape) with a cream cheese frosting. Mmmm Mmm!

2. Derrick from Philly says

JAVIER,

you use flavor or food coloring? I’m not being b1tchy. I’m truly curious, because the first time I looked at the photo of the cake I thought, that’s whole lot of food coloring.

3. jtramon says

Um, seeing that there’s only a few days left in June, this post is well, a bit late.

BUT-following up on Derricks comment to Javier-I too am curious about the colours, because I’d always assumed it was food colouring as well.

4. MaryM says

What next? Pandering to the trannies by encouraging they bake pale blue, pale pink and white cakes?

Are the LGB and T communities so gullible?

5. Michael says

@MARYM what an ignorant person you must be. Its about love and solidarity with our community yet you just disrespected them and what they are doing.

At least they care you cant say that for a lot of other companies nowadays.

6. Michael says

@RICK no one asked you too post your verbal diarrhea if you have an issue with LGBT people then you can easily find another site too post on.

I don’t care if you are a troll or not either trolls always do things too instigate or entertain themselves because they are lacking something in their own lives as you obviously do.

Any psychology course would tell someone this its transparent as well as obvious.

7. Bakey Buddy says

So beautiful! I always admire these many-layered cakes, but of the multiple times I’ve tried to make them, cutting the rounds into super-thin slices always turns into crumbly, fall-aparty disaster. I place toothpicks all the way around at a measured level and saw along their guideline with a serrated knife. Is there anything else that you more successful pastry chefs do? Freezing, perhaps?

8. Derrrick from Philly says

@ BAKEY BUDDY,

oh, my darlin’, I want you to get the Pillsbury Medal of Honor–for how much effort you put into creating a cake with rainbow layers.

What about using a different cake layer pan for each color? It would take more time, but you wouldn’t have to worry about slicing between layers. Might be a pretty TALL ass layer cake though. LOL

And what about just making a regular pound cake and making the icing rainbow colors.

This has been one of the most important issues on Towleroad for years.

9. Derrrick from Philly says

I’m sorry, I meant the “Betty Crocker Medal of Honor”. Crocker is a much more pretigious award than the Pillsbury award.

10. emjayay says

Yikes, that rainbow cake is 100% cake mix and food coloring. C’mon Betty, at least add artificial and natural flavorings! And maybe some ground flax seed.