Music Video | Television

Sia Sings 'Chandelier' With NYC Gay Men's Chorus Wearing Sia Wigs: VIDEO

NYCGMC in Sia wigs

Last Thursday's Trailblazers on Logo featured a special performance of "Chandelier" by Sia and the NYC Gay Men's Chorus.

As she has been in all her recent performances, Sia sang on a platform off to the side of the audience and faced away from the camera. NYCGMC took front-and-center, and they did so in yellow robes and in blonde Sia wigs...even on the mustachioed shirtless dancer who sahsayed from one side of the stage to the other with his routine.

It was really quite the performance, and you can watch it AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Gay!!!

Posted by: Mike | Jun 29, 2014 5:54:10 PM

2. I haven't seen such inspired dancing since Ja'mie did her solo interpretive dance for presentation day on Private School Girl. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFo6FaROryc

Posted by: peterparker | Jun 29, 2014 6:30:32 PM

3. "the mustachioed shirtless dancer" is Ryan Heffington, the choreographer of the dance in the video. He's also been on RuPaul's Drag Race.

Posted by: anon | Jun 29, 2014 9:17:30 PM

4. Love the video

Posted by: Honesty | Jun 29, 2014 10:19:44 PM

5. Love Sia. Read an article that talked about how she wanted to leave singing because she had performance anxiety in front of audiences. I am glade she is back and does whatever she has to do, including only showing her back to the cameras. Go Sia we love your music!

Posted by: GC | Jun 29, 2014 10:20:01 PM

6. Yes! Ja'mie! You said it all. Also this song is a total ripoff of "Diamonds"

Posted by: clay | Jun 29, 2014 11:10:57 PM

7. Big, pretty, and like a lot of modern pop, essentially rote musically and lyrically and meaningless high priced low rent ear candy.

Not that NYC isn't producing a lot of great new music of every kind.

Posted by: emjayay | Jun 29, 2014 11:53:54 PM

8. CLAY: Funny statement to make, considering Sia wrote Diamonds. Maybe it just sounds similar because it was written in a single person's unique style.

Posted by: Deee! | Jun 30, 2014 1:42:03 AM

9. Love the dancing.

Posted by: Randy | Jun 30, 2014 2:58:26 AM

10. So. I did a little research. As another poster pointed out, Ryan Heffington is the choreographer. Heffington is sort of a big deal in modern dance. He has a very impressive resume. He is responsible for several works of choreography that I *loved*.

But this particular work isn't among his best. I'd say it sucks.

The choreography doesn't seem to have any connection whatsoever to the music. Worse, he dances as though he doesn't know where his body exists in space. There are two moments in which he almost falls because he is off balance. His movements are bizarre and incomprehensible. He resembles a psychotic person who got ahold of the motherlode of meth, smoked it all, somehow managed to evade security and get into the stage whereupon he began to dance and was mistaken for an artist.

Embarrassing.

Posted by: peterparker | Jun 30, 2014 3:22:02 AM

11. Great post. Thank you for sharing this article.

Posted by: Friv 1 | Jun 30, 2014 3:32:59 AM

12. sorry, but it was bad, especially whatever the hell that dance was, and wearing wigs is a tired old gimmick gay choruses have been doing for...decades.

Posted by: Qj201 | Jun 30, 2014 6:34:29 AM

13. Yuck........

Posted by: Rob | Jun 30, 2014 8:28:07 AM

14. This Sia clip is too cool! One of the NYC Gay Men's Chorus members featured sings lead on this song from Berlin based Noah Pred https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTay3PhUTLI&feature=youtu.be

Posted by: LaRauja | Jun 30, 2014 6:14:39 PM

15. Your blog is extremely interesting and shows you have done
    your researched. I practically like the design template you decided to use and
    enjoyed browsing the text in your web site. Keep up the great work, I want to
    check back in a few days. You did a great job.

Posted by: Hopy 2 | Jul 8, 2014 4:38:44 AM

16. Thanks so much for your writing!
    I found that this an article was useful for my work & I hope that you can continue post more exciting writing!I really like this site & I will share it for my friends!
    Good luck!

Posted by: Friv Games | Jul 11, 2014 9:18:30 AM

17. I enjoyed your post. I think emotions play a massive part in building inspiring and effective teams and I recently blogged on the secret sauce of team work. Rather than repeat it here I thought I'd post the link and I'd be very interested in your thoughts.

Posted by: friv2 | Sep 22, 2014 12:12:30 AM

18. Posts shared useful information and meaningful life, I'm glad to be reading this article and hope to soon learn the next article. thank you

Posted by: g9g | Oct 25, 2014 5:25:33 AM