Hunger Games Mockingjay: President Snow’s Panem Address #2

Hunger

A pirate transmission claiming to be broadcasting from District 13 interrupted President Snow’s address to the citizens of Panem earlier today. Snow (Donald Sutherland), flanked by previous Hunger Games tributes Peeta Mellark (Josh Hutcherson) and Johanna Mason (Jena Malone), expressed his belief in the strength of a unified Panem before being abruptly cut off but what appears to have been Beetee Latier (Jeffrey Wright), of District 3. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1 hits theaters November 21.

Watch the full address here AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. says

literally. counting. the. days.

the last-shot close-up of Lawrence at the end of Catching Fire was my favourite acting moment of 2013.

2. JHfan says

I was too distracted by Josh Hutchersons Crotch to notice anything else. OMG that boy is hot and, apparently, a tripod.

3. Tonez says

If it is going to be anything like the book, It will a whole lot of talking and not a lot of action. Prediction, snoozefest. Isn’t everyone over Jennifer Lawrence look perpetually worried?

4. KJ says

Uhm, no, Tonez. I hope you’re being ironic about there not being “a lot of action” in “Mockingjay,” since it is a war story.

5. Mikey M says

So much happens away from Katniss in the third book that we’re prevented from witnessing firsthand because of the POV. Luckily, the movies don’t follow Katniss exclusively.

6. AJ says

I just find splitting this into two films such an obvious and cynical cash grab and completely unnecessary. I may stay away just because of that.

7. Mike says

I’ll see it, but the first half of Mockingjay was the worst part of the entire trilogy, so I can’t see it being all that great. The book didn’t pick up until Peeta is in 13, and that’s clearly where Part 1 will end.

8. bernard says

I think Mockingjay is a fitting metaphor for the gay marriage battles happening in this country. Slowly every single state (i.e. district) is rebelling against “tradition” and embracing freedom across the land.