Bill clinton | Books | Hillary Clinton | Jenny McCarthy | Presidents | The View | Video

Jenny McCarthy Apologizes For Calling Hillary Clinton A Lesbian: VIDEO

Jenny mccarthy

Jenny McCarthy has apologized for suggesting on The View that Hillary Clinton might be a lesbian, reports Huffington Post.

As McCarthy and her co-hosts discussed Ronald Kessler's new book, The First Family Detail: Secret Service Agents Reveal the Hidden Lives of Presidents, she suggested Hillary Clinton might be a lesbian and said the Clintons could have some sort of marital "arrangement."

However, in a later blog post, McCarthy claimed she uses jokes while on The View because she is out of her comfort zone:

“[Following the Clinton segment], we talked about a female CEO not helping other women in her workplace and my spiritual side felt excited to get out my personal mission statement about “girl code.” I stated that we women need to look out for one another. That we need to stop ripping on each other and empower one another. This is something that is very important to me and I hold so close to my heart.

"That night, as I lay in bed and reflected on my day, I realized I was a hypocrite. How could I make a joke like that and then five minutes later preach about female empowerment? It makes me sad when I see women ripping on other women, and there I was making a joke about our possible first female president!

"I hope you will be patient with me as I continue to figure myself out and grow to be the example of female empowerment I always intend to be."

Watch the Huffington Post report, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Can you say disingenuous? She leaves the door open wide open on her original not-so-innuendo. What does she take us for? Fools?

Posted by: Leroy Laflamme | Jul 31, 2014 2:45:31 PM

2. Oh - ok thats ok then... it was meant has a joke or a "rip". Haha ok. Im happy to know being gay is a joke and/or insult instead. Great cover.

Posted by: Drewboo | Jul 31, 2014 2:57:12 PM

3. I watched the episode where she said this. She was not implying being gay is bad, disreputable, etc.; she was commenting on the rumors that Bill Clinton has yet another new mistress. "Maybe he has his girlfriend, and she has hers"--implying that what's good for the gander is good for the goose. It wasn't elegantly stated, but it wasn't meant in a sniggering way to impugn Hillary, it was supposed to be a "fair is fair" remark. The "Kiss and Tell" segments she's done on the show have been remarkably even-handed, unsensational, and compassionate; she seems to quite simply find human sexuality--ALL human sexuality--interesting. (Like Whoopi, she's a Scorpio woman.) There are a lot worse things in the world right now that worry me a lot more than Jenny McCarthy; when she leaves the show next month and marries Donnie Whalberg, I wish her godspeed and good luck

Posted by: Dback | Jul 31, 2014 3:03:00 PM

4. She'll have plenty of time to "figure herself out" once her tacky ass isn't on The View anymore...

Posted by: Jerry | Jul 31, 2014 3:15:19 PM

5. She is either a very stupid person or she is doing her best to save what she thinks is a career. I vote for the latter. This is the very same woman who has steadfastly advocated against immunization for children and for that she has caused incredible harm to thousands of children who now suffer from the after-effects of childhood diseases they would have never caught had they been immunized. As far as I'm concerned Jenny McCarthy -along with her homophobic cousin Melissa McCarthy- can fade away. The sooner the better.

For those who are going to whine, 'Why are you calling out Melissa McCarthy..?' here's the reason: McCarthy has enormous power as a writer and actor on her show Mike & Molly and that writing has repeatedly targeted -detrimentally- gay and transvestite individuals with degrading jokes and purposeful misstatements. For that alone M. McCarthy should lose her very lucrative TV show.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Jul 31, 2014 3:18:13 PM

6. Jenny McCarthy has never been known for her brains, as opposed to her bleached blond hair. She's almost ancient history on The View anyway.

Posted by: David From Canada | Jul 31, 2014 3:23:48 PM

7. Maybe her autism was acting up that day.

Posted by: John in Houston | Jul 31, 2014 3:30:29 PM

8. "Thankfully" she works in a radio, so she needs to talk, even though the best for her would be sit and say nothing.

Posted by: Matt27 | Jul 31, 2014 3:34:27 PM

9. Isn't this the chick that's been on a bazillion shows named The Jenny McCarthy Show but none of them last one season? How on Earth has this she lasted all those years in Hollywood? I never got her. I wish her well, but I just never have cared about her as an "entertainer."

Posted by: Happyandlucky | Jul 31, 2014 4:36:46 PM

10. And Hillary Clinton says "Who is Jenny McCarthy, and why should I care what she says?"

Posted by: Mona | Jul 31, 2014 5:16:59 PM

11. When apologies turn into insults.

Posted by: Jay | Jul 31, 2014 5:26:30 PM

12. Is there a vaccine to care dumbness?? She should get it and some!

Posted by: NP | Jul 31, 2014 6:55:49 PM

13. Is there a vaccine to cure dumbness?? She should get it and then some!

Posted by: NP | Jul 31, 2014 6:56:42 PM

14. jokes are usually funny.

Posted by: Cd in DC | Aug 1, 2014 8:20:50 AM

15. She is an example of how people with no talent can become successful and famous for no apparent reason.

Posted by: Perry | Aug 1, 2014 9:45:29 AM

16. The joke defense didn't work to excuse Rush Limbaugh's racist and sexist blatherings. Why does Jenny Mc Carthy think it'll excuse her homophobia?

Between this and the problems resulting from her anti-vaccine crusade, Mc Carthy just joined the Sarah Palin Club For Glorified Idiots.

Posted by: Peter | Aug 1, 2014 10:34:18 AM

17. She is just saying what many people assume and believe (on both the left and the right)

Posted by: Marshall | Aug 1, 2014 1:46:33 PM