News: Chris Pratt, Dumbo, Jane Lynch, Nigeria, Ridley Scott

RoadTAB: Sniffing farts good for you.

RoadEquality Matters: JP Morgan not giving its employees an LGBT 'loyalty test'.

PrattRoadChris Pratt and his stache cover EW.

RoadThe worst club night promo video ever?

RoadJane Lynch would love to join The View: "I would do it for two months or something like that," she said. "Yeah, I would love to do it. I don’t know if I could do it forever because I’m an actor, and I love to act."

RoadSam Smith parties in L.A. after new music video shoot: "I am shooting the music video for my next single today in the city of angels. I am so excited, it feels like Christmas Day."

RoadAlec Baldwin to produce and star in new show about a Rob Ford-type NYC mayor.

RoadDaily Beast on the hot cop of The Castro: "San Francisco police officer Chris Kohrs is hotter than the devil's backside on an August day in Georgia. At 36, and almost six-feet tall, Kohrs looks like he just stepped out of a GQ centerfold. He’s upsettingly handsome, he’s got one of those smiles you see in toothpaste commercials and a body that would make Mario Lopez run to the gym. All that would be tolerable if he were an arrogant jerk, or just plain dumb. Sadly, he is neither."

DumboRoadDisney planning live action version of Dumbo.

RoadTRAILER: Ridley Scott's new Biblical epic Exodus: Gods and Kings.

RoadRosie O'Donnell's View deal reportedly bans reality TV stars as co-hosts. "During her tenure, the strong-willed co-host feuded with Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who is now a Fox News host."

RoadAnti-LGBT author calls transgender people "pathological narcissists". "O’Leary told Rios that transgender identity in trans women is the result of a lack of 'masculine' authority in childhood and an unhealthy attachment to mothers, which in turn makes 'these people covet something [femininity] that they don’t have and can never get.'"

RoadISIS now possesses "low grade" nuclear material.

RoadZac Efron shirtless on a horse.

MoreRoadDrag queens attacked in London's Soho district. "I have long hair which was tied in a top knot; he grabbed my hair, dragging me around for around three minutes while punching me in the head before police arrived and pulled him off."

RoadBritish PM David Cameron reacts after being asked about bakers refusing to bake 'Ernie and Bert' cake supporting gay marriage: "I think that a commitment to equality - whether we are talking about racial equality, equality between those of different sexes, equality in terms of people who have disabilities, or, indeed, tolerance of and equality for people with different sexualities - is a very important part of being British."

RoadDoes the international community help or hurt the LGBT community in Nigeria: "The support from the international community, while very important, is a double-edged sword that both helps and hurts the LGBT rights movement in Nigeria, and presumably, other countries in Africa. The reason why this is the case, is that the anti-LGBT rights movement in Nigeria is not simply a cultural or a criminal issue, it is a nationalistic issue, in a country rife with anti-colonial sentiments. One of the most common and overarching arguments against the practice of homosexuality, is that it is Un-African. A lot of people believe that homosexuality was brought into Nigeria through colonization, and that it is, as such, a Western practice. Even though there is overwhelming historical, anthropological, and linguistic evidence that proves otherwise, a lot of people strongly believe that homosexuality in Un-African, Un-Nigerian."

Comments

1. So in other words Africans/Nigerians are also:
    Un-Intelligent.
    Un-Human.
    Un-Realistic.

Posted by: SFshawn | Jul 10, 2014 5:03:35 PM

2. Mr Pratt was never a zero

Posted by: jarago | Jul 10, 2014 5:32:39 PM

3. Since I live in the Castro I can attest that the Hot Cop in the Castro is REALLY Hot! lol.
    Sam Smith is the male Adele...what an AMAZING VOICE. Can't wait to see him perform in Oakland in September.

Posted by: SFshawn | Jul 10, 2014 5:33:09 PM

4. A man with two first names (Robert George) of an organization that sounds like it's eating someone out (nom, nom, nom) is so mentally ill that he doesn't realize he's trying extremely hard to impose his own "dominant sexually correct mafia" on the world. He's a hazard to himself and the public at large--put him away.

Posted by: woodroad34 | Jul 10, 2014 6:40:46 PM

5. Oh no, not another Jewish wet dream. Exodus my ass.
    There isn't a shred of evidence from the Eqyptian records that the exodus ever happened, so if it did it was a small event somewhere in the sticks.

There are many other dramatic stories in the mythic traditions of the world which I would love to see portrayed in what will no doubt be another stunning Ridley Scott production, yet few are greater, it's true, than the many spectacular (as well as absurd) stories from the Bible. So I'll go see it. But I'm so sick of these old Bible stories retold again and again.

Of course you can bet Mr. Scott had no difficulty raising all the money he needed in Hebrew Hollywood.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jul 10, 2014 8:43:22 PM

6. Anti-semitic much UFFDA?

Not that I'm a fan of the bible (Hebrew or otherwise), but jeez. My goyische in-law were smart enough to laugh when I told them I receive an annual Jew-payment from Hollywood/Wall Street. Perhaps you should school yourself.

Posted by: David R. | Jul 11, 2014 1:00:00 AM

7. yes pratt that brat has been less than zero since that pro-torture flick.

Posted by: iban4yesu | Jul 11, 2014 1:57:47 AM

8. But David darling, you do indeed receive the payment uniform or another.

Wasn't it just so funny that Kate Winslet won the Oscar with The Reader, just after she made that tongue in cheek prediction 1 or two years before, in an episode of Extras?

The Holocaust industry is still extremely lucrative, baby!

Posted by: iban4yesu | Jul 11, 2014 2:07:13 AM

9. On the other hand, Cecil B DeMille was simply too campy. and Baxter was always my nightmare.
    and Charlton Heston is burning in a special corner of hell which it is reserved for nra members, Moses or not....lol.

I like Sigourney, which gave us a great support by portraying the mother in Prayer for Bobby.
    Christian Bale has already played Jesus, so what is it to play a prototype?

I just hope that Ridley would not be as important as much as he was in Prometheus.

Posted by: iban4yesu | Jul 11, 2014 2:19:20 AM

10. self important I mean

Posted by: iban4yesu | Jul 11, 2014 2:20:55 AM

11. Moses never existed, the Exodus never happened. I’m not saying that because I’m anti bible I’m saying it because it’s the truth. Please read
    The Bible Unearthed: Archaeology's New Vision of Ancient Israel and the Origin of Its Sacred by Neil Asher Silberman and Israel Finkelstein. They are the foremost archeologist of our time.

Know the truth.