Bears | California | News | Video

Bear Alert: Fresno Police Chief Takes The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

Bear1

Though Fresno's Police Chief Jerry Dyer was originally going to just write a check to support ALS, he instead decided to get in on the ice bucket sensation and donate. And rather than just take the challenge in full uniform (like a certain superhero we know), the chief decided to take it off to feel the full brunt of the challenge.

Watch the 2 videos (part 1 and 2) that may have some of you saying "woof", HERE and HERE.

Bear2

Comments

1. It tells me "This content is currently unavailable"

Posted by: Randy | Aug 27, 2014 5:39:28 PM

2. Local comments suggest he's homophobic and actively anti-gay. Pity.

Posted by: Wisebear | Aug 27, 2014 6:00:11 PM

3. Content unavailable...

Posted by: JSB | Aug 27, 2014 6:10:00 PM

4. I really hate the fact that the f-ing police look like military units now.

Posted by: Nat | Aug 27, 2014 6:16:16 PM

5. Damn! He is a sexy bear. Unfortunately, as @Wisebear says, he's a man with issues. I couldn't find anything about him being anti-gay, but he does have a lawsuit brought by his top deputies for being misogynistic and racist; so I guess it's not too difficult to think he follows the rest of the Far Right's thinking about humans.

Posted by: woodroad34 | Aug 27, 2014 6:50:45 PM

6. NAT: my thoughts exactly. Hot guy but that military tank scares the crap out of me.

Posted by: Ulu | Aug 27, 2014 7:06:56 PM

7. Great, just what we need: far right people in our over-militarised police force. This will not end well for any minorities, including us gays unless we can reform the police on a local and national level.

Posted by: Ulu | Aug 27, 2014 7:08:53 PM

8. I'm fine with objectifying hot homophobes (possibly). You can watch it here: http://abc30.com/society/fresno-police-chief-jerry-dyer-takes-ice-bucket-challenge/280995/

Posted by: chris | Aug 27, 2014 7:11:49 PM

9. humana humana fapfapfap.

Sorry, no time to give a toss about his politics. Plus, what's a homophobes worst nightmare? me spankin' it to his ice bucket challenge video!

Posted by: Island Planet | Aug 27, 2014 7:42:05 PM

10. And who says all that military hardware in the hands of police departments is useless and stupid...

Posted by: BobN | Aug 27, 2014 8:53:10 PM

11. Its pretty questionable thinking on this guys part to do this in front of an armored vehicle with his team in camouflage fatigues given the national discussion on the militarization of the police.

Add in the cause of this discussion (Ferguson, MO) and one must question is critical thinking skills. I sure hope someone (maybe equally as hot and more gay friendly?) is making a move for his job!

Posted by: TheCptNemo | Aug 27, 2014 9:24:20 PM

12. THIS GUY IS -----DISGUSTING!! ..............AND YOU DESPERATE MEN SHOULD GO SEEK THERAPY ASAP!! .......EVERY DAMN MAN ......EVERY WHITE DUDE THAT TAKES HIS SHIRT OFF IS ---------NOT--------- "HAWT" NOR CUTE!!!!!!!

Posted by: Shannon | Aug 28, 2014 12:27:20 AM

13. Take a pill, Shannon.

That is one big, hot hunk of bear-man! I approve.

Posted by: Jack M | Aug 28, 2014 8:14:33 AM

14. Yeah by all accounts he is a racist homophobe in public....I bet in private that is another matter. He reminds me of the neighbor character in American Beauty who is hard core but secretly gay - makes a pass at Kevin Spacey then shoots him when he does not respond.

Posted by: Glen | Aug 28, 2014 10:37:22 AM

15. Shannon has it right, don't lust after this man, have some respect.

Posted by: Fenrox | Aug 28, 2014 11:41:16 AM

16. It's fresno. Once you are off the coasts California little more than a really hot bright red state. I know, I grew up there. It's probably why it's also known as the poorest part of California.

Posted by: brandon h | Aug 28, 2014 3:06:47 PM