Lady Gaga And Tony Bennett Release New Track, ‘I Can’t Give You Anything But Love': LISTEN

(photo via Instagram)

Gaga and Bennett are back! They've released a new track from forthcoming jazz album, Cheek to Cheek. This time the duo covers "I Can't Give You Anything But Love," a standard dating back to 1928 when it was sung by Adelaide Hall. Rufus Wainwright and Billie Holiday have tackled it in the past, but Lady Gaga is sure to bring a whole new audience to the classic. It is certainly a new sound from the pop diva, but she and Bennett are both in top form on the track.

Take a listen, AFTER THE JUMP…

Comments

1. says

Are we sure that’s Tony Bennett? Doesn’t sound like him at all and she seems much too high. I thought maybe it had been speeded up but the music and the instruments don’t sound like it. Is it just me?

2. Isaiah says

I’m sure that it’s Gaga and Bennett, however the audio has been pitch-shifted up considerably. I am confident that this is far from an “official” release…

3. says

I think the new Barbra Streisand/Michael Buble song is much more successful. I’m looking forward to Babs’ new album, way more than this collaboration.

4. Macguffin54 says

Is it me or does her boob look photoshopped? It doesn’t look natural, like it was added in later. Maybe she was wearing a blouse or had her zipper up and they tried to give it some sex appeal (not that adding her boob helps much in that regard… IMO).

5. 24play says

This post should have a few Wikipedia citations.

Boy, the writing on this blog has really taken a nosedive lately. Craptacularly amateurish.

6. MoMonster says

Can you imagine Madonna recording a jazz song or album? Old hag can’t sing worth crap. This song Sllllaaaaaaaaaays. Yaaaas! Gaga Queen of Pop and Jazz.

7. JAY says

@ MOMONSTER: Yes, I can imagine her singing a jazz album, have you ever listened to ‘I’m Breathless’? Yes, she does not have the range of a lot of singers, but her voice is beautiful and unique. No one has ever given Janet Jackson crap because she can’t sing like Whitney Houston. Get a life.

8. JAY says

9. MoMonster says

Cheek to Cheek is already the biggest selling album of the year on iTunes and both songs have topped the charts. Hag Madonna will be angry.

10. BornThisWay1992 says

Tony Bennett said this album will make her bigger than Elvis Presley. Madonna is an old hag.

11. Paul says

I like Gaga and I thuoght her “Lady is a Tramp” duet with Bennett was amazing. But the two songs I’ve heard from this CD have left me cold. They sound like they’re going through the “Love you Gaga”, “Love you Tony” motions.

12. MickyFlip says

Wow. You Gaga fans are whacked. Honestly, I will listen to this album but for free. That’s what Google Radio and Soundcloud are for

13. momomu says

have you ever heard “I’m breathless” album from Madonna? lol you better do. I bet Gaga’s next era will be Erotica/SEX stuff 😉