News | Shark

Underwater Camera Films Dramatic Great White Shark Attack in HD: VIDEO

Shark

Since the public interest seems to turn to sharks this time of year, the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute shared a video they shot last year from a submersible SharkCam they were using to film Great White Sharks which will make you hope you never look like a SharkCam or seal while on your beach vacation.

They write:

In 2013, a team from the Oceanographic Systems Lab at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution took a specially equipped REMUS "SharkCam" underwater vehicle to Guadalupe Island in Mexico to film great white sharks in the wild. The captured more than they bargained for.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. CHOMP!

Posted by: mike in nyc | Aug 6, 2014 3:58:09 PM

2. That's my leg right there and the stump hurts.

Posted by: UFFDA | Aug 6, 2014 4:33:31 PM

3. I have fished all my life and have never seen a Great White. That is on my list of must dos. I grew up reading the shark attack books that were popular around the time Jaws came out, I was around 9. It was the only subject my parents could get me to read but at least I was reading. Anyhow, we were big on catching and unfortunately killing sharks back then, now I have a zero tolerance for killing them. I especially don't allow sharks to be killed on my boat. They really are amazing critters.

Posted by: Jason B. | Aug 6, 2014 4:33:53 PM

4. I legitimately screamed more than once watching this! Wow!! Never going in the damn ocean ever again!!

Posted by: AJ | Aug 6, 2014 5:36:31 PM

5. Scary but fascinating. Yikes!

Posted by: Red | Aug 7, 2014 3:25:23 AM

6. Private video...

Posted by: gb | Aug 7, 2014 4:24:26 PM

7. That's the hottest "private video" I have ever seen. It no work, Andy.

Posted by: aregeejau | Aug 8, 2014 4:09:11 PM