Towleroad Guide to the Tube

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #1600

SUDDEN DEATH: Jeopardy's Teen Tournament ends in nail-biting tie-breaker

VIN DIESEL: On Fast and Furious co-star Paul Walker's passing.

HOLY DISCRIMINATION: Mormon spokesman explains why blacks aren't allowed priesthood (1973).

SNEAKY CUB: Lion cub scares oblivious dog.

For recent Guides to the Tube, click HERE.

Comments

1. Well, this just isn't fair. I wanna' be a Mormon Pristessman...and I want it NOW.

But it's crazy. The first man I ever voted for in my life was a Mormon: Morris Udall.

And my favorite politician in Washington DC is a Mormon: Harry Reid.

You figure it out.

Posted by: Derrick from Phily | Aug 4, 2014 5:09:24 PM

2. @ "I wanna' be a Mormon Pristessman...and I want it NOW."

Boy, I fvcked that sentence up. I want to be a Mormon Priestess so I can rub and squeese the buns of all those young Mormon guys who were dress pants. We have a bunch of 'em in North Philly right now. They all look like Ron Howard on the TV show "Happy Days"

But as I said before, the first man I ever voted in my life was Mormon: Morris Udall.

My favorite politician in Washington DC today is a Mormon: Harry Reid.

I don't know what to think. You tell me.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly` | Aug 4, 2014 5:23:29 PM

3. Replace Ron Howard with Ricky Shroder. Cute plump bubble butts in dress pants.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly` | Aug 4, 2014 5:28:02 PM

4. What do i infer if we make up 5% of the population but 100% of the Jeopardy final?

Posted by: Matt! | Aug 4, 2014 5:48:57 PM

5. God changed his mind when the morholes were about to lose their tax exemption, and no school wanted to play BYU.
    Now the tithing of Americans goes not to charity, but to building temples and recruiting in the 3rd world, where locals join up to whiten themselves.
    As wirh segregation, God has changed his mind about marriage equality, but the 86 year old "prophet" cant hear him

Posted by: Bob K | Aug 4, 2014 6:18:17 PM

6. It's sickening to hear Vin Diesel talk about Paul Walker like they were brothers, all for the sake of getting people to hand over money to see his films. There are quite a few interviews where Paul Walker was asked about their relationship with Diesel and his common answer was that they were very different people and that they worked together doing a job. To hear Paul Walker tell it, he thought of Diesel as a coworker, nothing more.

Posted by: Mike | Aug 4, 2014 7:18:45 PM

7. I was very disappointed in the final of Jeopardy. Alan, the kid in the middle, started a gay-straight alliance club at his school and was/is obviously gay. He handled himself very well while the other kid was just awful when it came to playmanship. He would pump his fist like a numbnut and you really had to listen to understand his answers, his accent was pretty heavy. It was obvious the Asian kid was going to win because he had mastered the buzzer and that's all it really took because the answer wasn't that hard. BTW, Alex, being a tried and true Republican and Christian surprised me when he brought up the G-A Club with Alan because, even tho' I know the contestants get to offer up several of their own chat tidbits, I thought sure Trebek would have gone for a subject that would not highlight a gay subject. To his credit he even thanked the kid and gave him a 'well-done'.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Aug 4, 2014 8:12:58 PM

8. I agree with @Mike re: Vin Diesel's phony bro-business. Paul Walker did not consider him a brother by any means. Diesel has learned the PR game well and is using Walker's death to generate income. A fine reason NOT to see the last film.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Aug 4, 2014 8:16:02 PM