When news emerged that the U.S. Supreme Court had ruled against televising the federal Prop 8 trial, it was also reported that YouTube broadcast was still pending:
"The Supreme Court earlier issued a stay against the closed-circuit
broadcasts as well as an order by Judge Walker for the proceedings to
be shown on the Internet site YouTube. Wednesday's high-court ruling
didn't touch on the Internet posting, saying it was premature. A
federal appeals court hasn't yet ruled on the Internet aspect."
Now it appears that Walker has scrapped efforts to have it posted on the internet:
"Chief U.S. District Judge Vaughn R. Walker said Thursday he's
withdrawing his application to have the landmark case video-recorded
under a pilot program approved last month by the governing body for
federal courts in the West. Walker says he doesn't want the issue to distract from the trial itself. He
made the announcement a day after the U.S. Supreme Court indefinitely
blocked his plan to record the trial so it could be transmitted to
other federal courthouses."
And of course Prop 8 supporters want all the videotapes that have been recorded thus far in the trial to be destroyed!
"Walker rejected a defense lawyer's request to destroy any videotapes
produced during the first days of the trials He says he wants the
option to review them first."