– Tony Perkins: the perennial hate-monger who heads the SPLC-designated hate group The Family Research Council and who has past ties to the KKK.
– Andy Gipson: a Mississippi state representative who believes gays spread AIDS and should be put to death.
– Delbert Hosemann: Mississippi’s secretary of state who supported a “personhood amendment” that would have categorized unborn fetuses as “a living person” and any women who abort or miscarry as murderers.
– Ron Matis: a political liaison with the Mississippi District United Pentecostal Church who signed onto a letter written by the anti-gay hate group The Family Research Council that lamented the “comprehensive agenda” of “the pro-homosexual activists.”
– Phillip Gandy: a Mississippi state senator who authored the anti-gay bill and called opposition to the bill (and to Chick Fil-A) intolerant.
– Jimmy Porter: the executive director of the lobbying arm of Mississippi’s Southern Baptist convention who threatened to retaliate against any Republican legislators who dared vote against the “license to discriminate” bill.
– Rob Chambers: an employee of the Christian Action Commission which told pastors “to urge worshippers at Sunday service to put pressure on their legislators to pass the anti-gay bill.”
– Phil Bryant: the Mississippi state governor who signed the bill into law.