Current Affairs

Deep Throat's Grandson a Hottie

Deepthroat

So what else can be said about something the news networks will be bludgeoning to death for the next week or so? I think Deep Throat looks really happy his secret is finally out, and I'm happy for him.

But did anyone else perk up watching CNN today when his grandson Nick Jones appeared in the doorway? It's nice to know that while Mr. Felt has been quiet for all these years he's been contributing generously to the gene pool. And the first person to make a deep throat joke will be immediately impeached.

UPDATE: After some searching I've located and screencapped the towel pics from Jeanne Moos' report on Deep Throat. Actually, in the video you can't really tell that he's wearing anything down under at all!

Dt1 Dt2

Dt3 Dt4

Comments

1. uh, yeah! no less than 3 gay men in my office were clearly focused over Felt's left shoulder all afternoon.

!!!! T-O-T-A-L H-O-T-T-I-E !!!!

Felt says that he came forward because his daughter said the money from a book deal would fund his grandkids' college education.

god bless the man!

Posted by: jeremy | Jun 1, 2005 5:19:07 PM

2. My boyfriend disagrees, but I think he's C-U-T-E. When he was reading the family's statement I kept wishing he'd end it by ripping his shirt open.

Posted by: Joe | Jun 1, 2005 5:28:30 PM

3. ummmmm-hmmmmm....def HOT!

Posted by: spicer | Jun 1, 2005 5:32:11 PM

4. We usually keep CNN on at work, and yea, I did go who the f**k is that (?!?) when I saw the grandson. By the way, whenever I hear president and 'Deep Throat' in the same sentence, I think of Monica Lewinsky. (Couldn't help it.)

Posted by: Steve | Jun 1, 2005 5:47:52 PM

5. Jeanne Moos (of course) did a bit on CNN yesterday showing the shirtless abs footage of the hottie grandson but I haven't seen it since. What is the point of our digital age if it isn't the ability to be overwhelmed by screen caps of a side figure in a 30 year old story who also happens to be a hottie?

Posted by: derek | Jun 1, 2005 5:49:16 PM

6. Best. Headline. Ever.

Thanks for the afternoon laugh.

Posted by: Schawn | Jun 1, 2005 5:58:38 PM

7. Any other pics of him? Would be much appreciated...

Posted by: Nick | Jun 1, 2005 6:17:09 PM

8. Yup a hottie. Nice break from all the ranting (mine included)below about the 49ers an Mayor West. Thanks Andy

Posted by: Donald | Jun 1, 2005 6:18:02 PM

9. I definitely perked up this morning when I saw Nick on CNN. I typically watch CNN for Bill Hemmer, but they gave me another reason to be "perky" this morning :)

Posted by: Rex | Jun 1, 2005 6:24:53 PM

10. I saw a clip where he answered the door to the media in a towel!

V nice bod.

Posted by: Deschanel | Jun 1, 2005 6:57:52 PM

11. HAHA! yes, i no longer feel like a creep for thinking and saying out loud that Deep Throat's grandson is hot.

Posted by: chris | Jun 1, 2005 7:53:52 PM

12. At the risk of sounding like a total goober -- I adore the grandson because he is a hottie AND articulate !!

Posted by: kimmer007 | Jun 1, 2005 8:10:38 PM

13. I just feel bad for the poor boy when he tries to Rush a frat, considering what the nominally-straight boys like to play-at for initiations..and "Nick"names. Yikes!

Posted by: Ted B. | Jun 1, 2005 8:32:20 PM

14. I was taking a (second, third, fourth) look at the posted screenshots... is it my wishful thinking or is it an illusion or other(?!) that there is someone else behind the door... looks like his shirt's off, too...

Posted by: Matthew Bradford | Jun 1, 2005 11:12:03 PM

15. wow, i thot i was being weird when everyone was talking about deep throat, and i couldn't help but wonder more about his grandson. thanks for making me realize i'm definitely not alone. and for the shirtless pics. those are great.

Posted by: tallglass | Jun 1, 2005 11:14:28 PM

16. Matthew:

I think you're seeing his reflection.

Posted by: dolphin | Jun 1, 2005 11:58:22 PM

17. I guess I'm the only one who feels this way, but he needed to put a fuckin' shirt on.
    He's being the spokesperson for his grandfather, who has been proven to be Deep Throat, one of the most infamous and influential news stories in the past century, and he can't answer the door fully dressed?
    What a dumbass. Sorry, but this is a situation that called for decorum and tact, and he lacked both by not covering up; I don't care if he looks like Christian Bale.
    That was stupid on his part. No matter how articulate he sounds in his press conferences now, the fact he didn't put on a shirt says more than what he actually says.

Posted by: Schroeder | Jun 2, 2005 12:13:10 AM

18. are you serious schroeder?

Posted by: bmw | Jun 2, 2005 12:20:15 AM

19. I think all great historical moments should have at least one hot shirtless guy in them. All those wrinkly guys in suits, no wonder we forget our history.

Posted by: Doug | Jun 2, 2005 12:25:23 AM

20. Yes, BMW. I'm focused more on the history and impact of the story than on what the grandson looks like. You all can focus on what he looks like; I don't see it as important.

Posted by: Schroeder | Jun 2, 2005 12:48:53 AM

21. Yes I know that twewnty years down the road more people will remember the unveiling of deep throat rather than remember his hot grandson coming out shirtless. But for the time being, let's freakin' acknowledge the fact the his grandson IS hot! That's what I thought when I was watching CNN yesterday morning

Posted by: Alex | Jun 2, 2005 1:16:28 AM

22. Deep throat is so deliciously homo-erotic. That boy is hella cute, I'd probably be persuaded to let him come into my house if he knocked on the door, provided he takes off his shoes ... and all his clothes. Hot guys in my house must follow a strict "no clothes on hot guys" policy (and I get to inspect the goods). *grins*
    FJ

Posted by: FJ | Jun 2, 2005 1:45:50 AM

23. Hate to rain on everyone's parade...but in our gay world, you're probably much more likely to get "deep throat" hitting on you than his straight grandson.

Isn't being gay great?! The ones we want we can't have, and the ones we don't want we can't get far enough away from!

Posted by: Louis | Jun 2, 2005 7:10:49 AM

24. Louis, I don't know what you look like, or what your personality is like, but I can promise you I'd be much more likely to be hit on by Nick than by Grandpa...

Nick looks familiar to me...ahh, that's right, I f**cked him over the weekend.

Posted by: Wayne | Jun 2, 2005 8:22:36 AM

25. Nope, Matthew Bradford is right. There is a second shirtless guy to hot grandson's left in the CNN screencaps. It's not a reflection because you can just barely see the guy's hair peeking out past the door jamb in the first cap and the edge of his nose and forehead in the second and third.

Uh, w00t! as the kids say.

Posted by: matt | Jun 2, 2005 8:32:49 AM