Sports

BigGayDeal.com

Nascar's Carl Edwards

Carl_edwards_shirtless

It's always fascinating to see purportedly straight male-oriented sports magazines just go straight for the beefcake, which ESPN has this month. I've never been a huge fan of NASCAR racing but I've got a feeling they're about to get a bunch of new fans because of this trip to the body shop.
(thanks chris)

Comments

1. Jeff Gordon has a huge gay following. As a result there is a backlash against him with a group called FAG Fans Against Gordon. This guy is hotter

Posted by: Donald | Feb 23, 2006 9:27:22 AM

2. This guy is way hotter than Mr. Gordon

Posted by: Sean | Feb 23, 2006 9:48:38 AM

3. Holy shit! I'm puttin' on my wife-beater and headin' to the track!

Posted by: wayne | Feb 23, 2006 9:56:27 AM

4. Ok! I know alot of Whitetrash like Nascar but this guy WOW! Ok I will go ahead and put my hill billy ass so Mr. Carl Edward can put his stick shift to my trunk.

Posted by: Tim | Feb 23, 2006 10:30:59 AM

5. ESPN has a huge female audience. I did some clerical stuff for EPSN related to their 2X Anniversary and, it is really amazing to see what ESPN's fan base is like. I mean, women saying the first thing they do when they wake up is to check ESPN?

As I recall, all of NASCAR is essentially controlled by one family. I'm thinking that the Photo is directed at women in an effort to move NASCAR beyond its current base of fans. As I understand it, pretty boys don't do well with the NASCAR male fans. I heard so much hostility towards this one young good-looking driver (Jeff Gordon I think) on ESPN video tape of male NASCAR fans and, it all seemed based on the fact that the guy was good looking (and young).

If anything, a beefcake photo of a driver will hurt a driver with the male NASCAR guys.

Posted by: Peter Everhard | Feb 23, 2006 11:56:46 AM

6. Damn!

Posted by: Roy | Feb 23, 2006 12:20:39 PM

7. I'd make out in the back seat of his car anytime.

Yes, please.

Posted by: Brian | Feb 23, 2006 12:29:02 PM

8. I have to say that I like NASCAR a lot. When I lived in Alabama we would go to Talladega for every race. It was always a blast; much better in person than on TV. If you ever get the chance to go, try it, especially if it is a restrictor-plate race.

And, oh my yes, Mr. Edwards is welcomed to the track. They didn't have folks like him when I was going. Actually, the people watching was just as much fun, but for the opposite reasons. Some of the strangest, ugliest folks you'll ever see.

Posted by: Kyle Childress | Feb 23, 2006 12:32:58 PM

9. Spooky that I saw this magazine on top of a stack at the gym this morning, and wondered how long it would ake until it made an appearence on towleroad.

Posted by: Marshall Lee | Feb 23, 2006 12:33:55 PM

10. I was just home in Oregon over the weekend visiting my parents and my mom left that on my bed. Isn't she sweet?

Posted by: Andy | Feb 23, 2006 2:37:09 PM

11. BOING!

Posted by: jay lassiter | Feb 23, 2006 2:48:02 PM

12. Yes, NASCAR has a white trash, redneck following, but it also has a big gay following. And, not just because of Jeff Gordon. I run an online discussion group for GLBT fans of the sport and the tastes in drivers runs the gamut. But yes, Carl is certainly one of the most popular. Glad to see Andy took the time to post his pic, as well as shed light on an oft overlooked sport and it's gay connection. Thanks, Andy!

Posted by: Bill | Feb 23, 2006 2:51:24 PM

13. Check out www.gaytona.com

Posted by: WWH | Feb 23, 2006 3:54:41 PM

14. I lived down near Daytona Beach for a while. NASCAR people creep me out; nothing more than stoopid white Hooter-loving trailer trash. Them and this new age of idiot bikers that need to emblazen OCC everywhere.

I knew several gay men who followed Jeff Gordon, always lamenting that the rainbow he painted on his car had the wrong sequence of colors.

Welcome to the Bush base.

Rad

Posted by: Rad | Feb 23, 2006 4:40:43 PM

15. Good thing that suit is flame-retardant.

Posted by: copyranter | Feb 23, 2006 5:47:00 PM

16. Why did I feel dirty picking this up in the waiting room of my Dr's office?

Posted by: huh@huh.com | Feb 23, 2006 6:19:43 PM

17. Andy? Is your mom a big NASCAR fan, or is she trying to marry you off?

My mom keeps suggesting "older, professional men" for me. Never anybody hot.

LOL @ mothers. Gotta luv 'em.

Posted by: Jay Croce | Feb 23, 2006 8:49:19 PM

18. As the only female DJ at a country station it was learn to love NASCAR or leave. Now I go to at least 2 races a season, usuall with "hot passes" which allow you into the pits with the cars running and the drivers in the garages. These men are nummy! You should see some of the guys working behind the scenes! No wonder it's one of the fastest growing spectator sports in the country! Give me some sunscreen, and I'm set!

Posted by: akadrenalinegirl | Feb 24, 2006 6:37:14 PM

19. ok I hate to break it to you people who think that all nascar fans are white trash, but anyone who has envested any money in the sport is loaded, I live in charlotte, and the richest people I know, the classest people I know from there are all nascar fans/are invested in the sport, so not white trash( and going to every race like most fans here do is not cheep) and damn Carl is hot, check out some of the other drivers too, there is a whole new hot generation.

Posted by: danny | Feb 24, 2006 10:02:25 PM

20. Find this interesting article at Megite Gossip at http://www.megite.com/index.php?section=gossip .

Posted by: kaw.rau | Feb 24, 2006 11:25:18 PM

21. Oh yeah whew Carl Edwards! He is one sexy man and one of my favorites. My #1 favorite just happens to be Jeff Gordon, I disagree, he is just as good looking!

Posted by: CNW | Mar 9, 2006 4:51:10 PM

22. Let me just say,Carl Edwards,WOW!!!!

Posted by: donna | Mar 9, 2006 5:18:17 PM

23. I've been a Nascar fan since before I could walk. Last year my driver decided to retire so I had to pick out someone new. I liked how Carl handled himself and his race car.
    Then I seen the magazine cover... If I hadn't been a fan anyway.. I'd have had to rethink it!
    Yum E!

Posted by: Charlotte n Memphis | Mar 24, 2006 1:33:32 PM

24. gay people shouldn't be allowed at NASCAR events...now you are going to be NASCAR fans. fuck that. you stupid fags ruin everything. this is obviously a gay site so I'm going to leave.

Posted by: NASCARfan20 | Apr 2, 2006 1:20:35 AM

25. I am still in the closet...but, this man just might help me cum out.

Posted by: Wayne C | Apr 6, 2006 12:35:12 PM