John Travolta | Toronto

Travolta's Tasty Take-off Kiss

Travoltatarmac

Originally printed in the National Enquirer: "John steals a smooch from an unidentified friend before the pair boarded Travolta`s personal 707 airplane together, in Hamilton, Ontario."

Travolta's in Toronto working on his Hairspray role as Edna Turnblad. Perhaps it's just the motherly role rubbing off on him. It's a photo that doesn't prove anything except that John Travolta knows how real men say good-bye.

(source)

Comments

1. I'm surprised he let that happen out in the open where he surely knew a papparazi could snap a picture. Looks like a cry for help to me.

Posted by: sam | Aug 31, 2006 9:27:01 AM

2. He's not as discreet as you would think. My buddy was in Kauai 2 years ago and JT tried to pick him up in the sauna at an exclusive resort. The friend said JT simply started stroking himself. Friend was completely turned off. JT is long past his VB days.

Posted by: Steve | Aug 31, 2006 9:34:21 AM

3. I saw a similar photo once but involving Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christiansen at the Star Wars III premiere in London.

Like you say, the photo proves nothing, but I've never known a pair of men greet each other like that where one of them isn't gay. Cool str8 men will do it with a close gay friend.

Posted by: Ian | Aug 31, 2006 9:35:18 AM

4. Cry for help? Yeah, I cry for help as often as I can.

Posted by: Martin V. | Aug 31, 2006 9:35:31 AM

5. that's his son.

Posted by: Bill | Aug 31, 2006 9:36:35 AM

6. gay gay gay...

love to hear how the scientologists-whackos will spin this one.

Posted by: dc-20008 | Aug 31, 2006 9:56:47 AM

7. Son or not, JT is gay. A friend of mine is a producer of studio feature films, and says it's widely known within the industry that JT is gay and has a longtime partner. Kelly is a beard, y'all. My question has always been, Why did she do it? Lord knows if she wasn't married to JT, she'd still be best known for "never... stop... fucking... me!"

Posted by: Richard | Aug 31, 2006 10:04:29 AM

8. she'd still be best known for "never... stop... fucking... me!"

What movie is that from?

Never did understand the beard thing in Hollywood. How is life so different there than anywhere else. The day to day of living is hard enough without creating a completely false identity. Hmmm...

Posted by: Bill | Aug 31, 2006 10:07:10 AM

9. Why did she do it? Because they are scientologists. They wouldn't want it to get around that scientology really doesn't cure gayness like L. Ron claimed it could. Maybe John needs to pray harder to Xenu.

Posted by: ams | Aug 31, 2006 10:08:13 AM

10. To the guy saying its his son

When was the last time you kissed your dad on the lips?

Uhmmmm American guys kiss dads on the cheeks . We all know John is not european

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Aug 31, 2006 10:16:04 AM

11. Only in America would this cause a stir...if I kiss my father on the cheek, does that mean he's gay or I'm into incest?

If Americans would accept a goodbye kiss between 2 staight men, maybe they would eventually accept 2 gays doing the same.

We in the gay community are just as guilty at crying wolf on who maybe gay. Let's move on people...

Posted by: Mikey | Aug 31, 2006 10:18:06 AM

12. I always thought it was obvious he's gay.

"don't...ever...stop...f*cking me!" YES! one of the best lines from Jerry Maguire!

Posted by: Bobby Alexander | Aug 31, 2006 10:19:57 AM

13. According to the Internets, John's son was born in April of 1992. I'm not sure, but I don't think the person in the photo is 14.

Posted by: Dean | Aug 31, 2006 10:21:33 AM

14. Travolta used to go to a very nice spa in Arizona where a friend of mine got a job as director. The first time JT made an appointment with my friend as director, a couple of the male masseuses talked to my friend and told them how uncomfortable they were with things he would do as they massaged him - and he was always telling them to "focus on my ass". (Really, I know it sounds ridiculous.) My friend wanted to do a little preemptive strike so he called JT's "handler" to introduce himself as the new spa director, welcome JT to his spa, and discuss a few ground rules. He was very vague and just got the message across that the spa is very exclusive and they do not tolerate any monkey business.

Fast forward to JT's appointment: SOMEHOW, somebody spread a rumor the week of his appointment and one of the local TV stations picked it up that JT was allegedly harassing the FEMALE spa attendants to which his spokesperson gamely issued a cheeky denial. To hear my friend tell the tale really disgusted me (and he's a very honest fellow - he brought it up to me because he was genuinely curious, had no idea about the JT rumors, and wondered what I had heard living in LA.)

One of the chief aspects of $cientology that they try to use to draw people in is their success rate at turning homos into ultra-straight men. Homos are that way because of their engrams, you know, but once you become Clear, you are "homo, no mo'".

Posted by: Xenu | Aug 31, 2006 10:27:50 AM

15. hmmmm...not sure what I think...much ado about nothing, really....

Posted by: Roy | Aug 31, 2006 10:31:27 AM

16. Quick Question:

I've heard for years about JT being gay. But it's always from stories that begin with "My friend heard..." or "My friend was at...." or "My friend worked at...." or "I had a friend that...."

Seriously.

Posted by: JW | Aug 31, 2006 10:37:53 AM

17. I think the photo is sweet. I don't care if he is gay or if this is his son or not. Who cares?

Also, third hand info like "My cousin saw this..." is meaningless and most often just a lie. In the end, nobody knows the truth but him.

Posted by: Bryce | Aug 31, 2006 10:39:16 AM

18. Please, please no more "my friend told me his 3rd cousin slept with Travolta" stories. Tired. Just tired!

peace

Posted by: James | Aug 31, 2006 10:44:40 AM

19. Shocking! I never knew we had papparazzi in Canada.

Posted by: Steven. | Aug 31, 2006 10:48:09 AM

20. Mikey

it no one would say anything if you kissed your dad on his cheek

We would say a whole hell of a alot if you kissed your dada on the lips

The pis is them kissing on the lips

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Aug 31, 2006 10:54:31 AM

21. LOL

sorry for the typos

Yikes

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Aug 31, 2006 10:56:41 AM

22. A kiss between two men on the cheek is more usual in Europe than in US but a kiss on the lips (like that of the pic) is not usual at all, at least in Spain or in Italy.

Posted by: Fernando | Aug 31, 2006 10:59:24 AM

23. FYI, his son is now 14 -- doesn't look like a 14 year old to me.

Posted by: David | Aug 31, 2006 11:04:22 AM

24. I would like to know how old is this picture? In the bottom right hand corner Sept. 11 / 200?
    And just one other thing, it looks like Old John has very good taste in men! Woof

Posted by: ABrancher | Aug 31, 2006 11:18:41 AM

25. Nobody believed me when I told them that John cruised me on State Street in Santa Barbara when I was 19 years old. When I mentioned I was walking in front of the Scientology Center they really thought I was nuts. Now I feel totally vindicated!
    Yay!