Film | John Travolta | News

Trick or Treat: More John Travolta as Edna Turnblad

Travolta_hairspray_2

Happy Halloween!

You may have missed...
Travolta's Wild Hogs: A Movie Title That Isn't Kidding [tr]
John Travolta's New Look [tr]

Comments

1. This is hands-down the scariest thing I'll see all day. I'm glad I didn't eat breakfast and I might just skip lunch.

Posted by: RSL | Oct 31, 2006 9:55:34 AM

2. I'm not sleeping tonight... or ever again.

That photo is a nightmare waiting to happen.

Posted by: Steven. | Oct 31, 2006 10:00:26 AM

3. He looks like "That Girl" on steroids.

Posted by: David | Oct 31, 2006 10:01:02 AM

4. I wish you would not give Revolta any free press. He is going to ruin this project.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Oct 31, 2006 10:37:32 AM

5. Bingo! Think we found a bigger mess than George Michael.

...and Boy George.

Maybe I shouldn't pre-judge. He might be good in this movie.

Right?

Posted by: Derrick | Oct 31, 2006 11:17:20 AM

6. I confess that I've never seen Hairspray. I'll also confess that Mr. Travolta appears to be having a blast. I actually like the look.

Posted by: JT | Oct 31, 2006 11:42:52 AM

7. He is going to ruin this project.

Patrick,

As a Hairspray fan, I'm trying hard to keep an open mind about Travolta as Edna, but ultimately I think you're right!

Posted by: Mark G | Oct 31, 2006 12:07:44 PM

8. I just puked in my mouth a little. He is revolting! Nobody can replace Devine as Edna.

Posted by: Dave | Oct 31, 2006 12:12:14 PM

9. While it's certainly true that nobody can replace Divine, Harvey did a great job on Broadway. Like others, I'm thinking Travolta, not so much. But I'll try to keep an open mind.

Posted by: Glenn | Oct 31, 2006 12:20:58 PM

10. I have to disagree - I think this looks hysterical.
    And remember, he is actually a talented singer.
    I've said it before, Best Supporting nomination coming his way...besides, these days if you fart in a musical you generate Oscar buzz (Dreamgirls for eg.)

Posted by: Mark | Oct 31, 2006 3:00:51 PM

11. Hmmm, I don't know about him either. I am trying to keep an open mind however I liked Bruce Vilanch as Edna Turnblad (and I'm not even a fan of musicals). Time will tell...

Posted by: Cory | Oct 31, 2006 3:13:17 PM

12. Loved the John Waters movie. The Broadway musical (saw it with Harvey as Edna) not so much. Most of the "attitude" was gone/watered down for Broadway. I have a feeling this movie version will be even more watered down than the stage version. And John does look scary!

Posted by: TroyTooner | Oct 31, 2006 5:54:09 PM

13. Looks like an overweight Barbara Streisand --- separated at birth??

Posted by: Richard | Oct 31, 2006 6:26:30 PM