Baseball | Chad White | DSquared2 | Fashion Men | Milan | News

BigGayDeal.com

Chad White "Honored" to Have Gay Fans

Chad_white_1

Model Chad White (a favorite here at Towleroad) appeared on the runway in Milan for gay twin designers Dsquared2 (Dan and Dean Caten) holding a black baseball bat. An interesting choice, considering White's love of the sport. In addition to saying he's "honored" by his gay fanbase, in a recent interview with OhLaLa Paris, White talks of his sports background:

"Baseball is a hard subject for me to discuss. I miss it, since I was young enough to remember I'd always been dreaming of being a baseball player. As I was going through high school I was a standout. Have you ever felt that you were meant to do something... Baseball was that feeling for me. Turns out different but I felt that there was no stopping me to become pro. I had some really influential ex pros behind me believing in me also. So my dream to play in Yankee Stadium seemed just fingertips away. Then one game I was pitching and I overthrew a pitch and tore something in my elbow. I balled [sic] my eyes out for days. My dream was gone."

At least he can live it out on the runway.

You may have missed...
Chad White and Ryan Daharsh Go Threadless [tr]
Chad White and Clint Mauro: Window Dressing [tr]
Chad White and Steven Klein do Swimwear [tr]
Midwestern Prime: Ryan Daharsh [tr]

Two more shots of Chad from the Dolce & Gabbana show after the jump...

Chadw1 Chadw2

Comments

1. I have to say it, it's just too easy.

I want to hear more about his 'pitching' capabilities...

Posted by: Andrew | Jan 18, 2007 9:36:51 AM

2. he's yummy and what a DIVINE outfit... the perfect gear for hunting down gaybashers... we should have an entire squadron of him patrolling the streets...

Posted by: miss dna | Jan 18, 2007 9:39:31 AM

3. I wasn't so keen on him in the beginning when every gay boy and his father was all over him, but Chad White's definately grown on me. Physically, he's still not my bag but the guy takes amazing photos and carries himself very well. It's good to hear he might have a winning personality to match.

Posted by: Derrick | Jan 18, 2007 9:46:18 AM

4. Oh how we should feel so blessed. he tosses out a PR crumb to placate the gay masses. Oh how our lives are so much better that a straight model is honored by a gay fan base because gods that be know male models all have straight fans that propel them to starhood.

Oh how truly blessed we all should feel

NOT throw up some pics of openly gay models, thank you

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Jan 18, 2007 10:17:35 AM

5. I don't care if he's gay or straight, and since I'll likely never meet him I don't care if he's got a winning personality. I just appreciate his fleeting contribution to the measure of beauty in this decidedly ugly world.

Posted by: Brian | Jan 18, 2007 11:45:11 AM

6. Now THAT'S what I call love handles!

Posted by: Zeke | Jan 18, 2007 12:57:08 PM

7. I'm still hotter.

Posted by: Brandon | Jan 18, 2007 1:24:11 PM

8. Oh. My. God. That man has the most perfect body I've ever witnessed. Okay, now I'm a fan.

Posted by: peterparker | Jan 18, 2007 1:39:22 PM

9. Basebal?! That's a skinhead gaybasher costume kids! Looks like he's ready to brain his gay fans.

Posted by: orwoodsman | Jan 18, 2007 2:17:51 PM

10. Of course the fact that he's done-up as a gang basher (you don't wear a leather arm guard for baseball and that bat isn't there to conjure up Wrigley Field)is .... sexy?

I mean, I get it -- yes, he's very hot ...but let's acknowledge that there's something disturbing about condemning attacks by skinheads one day and fawning over stylized shots of the same thing the next.

Posted by: Buster | Jan 18, 2007 2:25:42 PM

11. He's a little too young for me. I like faces with a little more character - more lived in. The body on the other hand. Oo er.

Posted by: brainiac_amour | Jan 18, 2007 3:03:33 PM

12. Admittedly he is beautiful but he is not the best body I have ever seen. For that you have to look to ballet dancers or swimmers. As someone whose job it was to assess bodies and their athletic potential (ballet company artistic director) Mr. White would not have made the cut. He has short legs and is knock-kneed. But baby he is, nevertheless, one whole basket of eye candy.

Posted by: rudy | Jan 18, 2007 3:11:43 PM

13. I'm even more attracted to him now he's revealed that he can ball his eyes out. That'd be something to see.

Posted by: Ren B | Jan 18, 2007 3:31:04 PM

14. I'm being cynical again, but who cares?! anyone would be honored to have people "buy" into them.

Now hearing from an out gay model saying he's honored to have gay fans would be fascinating!! :) and I'm not being sarcastic, cause the gay support so isn't guaranteed for them.

Posted by: Da | Jan 18, 2007 4:07:03 PM

15. I agree with Jimmyboyo. What do you expect him to say? And he's not that cute.

Posted by: FanGirlHater | Jan 18, 2007 4:07:19 PM

16. I love meaty thigh that move the way they would seem to in that bikini photo. Guessing he ha a small dick. Bottom!

Posted by: Bart | Jan 18, 2007 4:15:24 PM

17. Fangirlhater Thanks

Da, I totaly agree....an out an dproud gay model saying they love their gay fan base would be great

Orwoodsman and Buster ^5 to both of you...it is stramge to one day freak out over skinhead bashers and then do a model up as a skinhead gay basher and we are expected to drool...

Oy Vey

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Jan 18, 2007 5:02:28 PM

18. sorry for my typos

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Jan 18, 2007 5:04:26 PM

19. can gay men not once lust after str8 people that bash us goshhhhhh, its so vainnn

Posted by: biatchhh | Jan 18, 2007 5:25:40 PM

20. Hey Brandon, I like your sense of modesty. If you're really hotter, why not treat us all to a pic of your most excellent hotness. Ya know? For some reason, I actually believe you.

Posted by: Michael D. Fein | Jan 19, 2007 1:52:06 AM

21. He's honourned by gay fans and has a great face and body...so don't be so bitchy about it. He sounds prety cool in my book

Posted by: alan brickman | Jan 19, 2007 7:30:32 PM

22. Well, with his face in the pillow who cares...

Posted by: Dr. Pat | Feb 1, 2007 12:36:41 AM