50 Cent | Deadlee | DMX | Eminem | Gay Slurs | Music | News

BigGayDeal.com

Rapper Deadlee Calls Out Homophobic Eminem, 50 Cent, and DMX

L.A.-based openly gay rapper Deadlee says he'll be headlining the first regional tour of gay and lesbian rap and Hip-Hop artists, called the Homorevolution Tour 2007, beginning in March.

DeadleeDeadlee who says he is tired of the homophobic status quo present in rap and Hip-Hop, has called out some of his fellow rappers for their anti-gay language and homosexual tendencies in an interview with AllHipHop.com:

Says Deadlee: "Eminem was called out for his juvenile, hateful approach to homosexuality, especially in his song 'Criminal.' He was the biggest rapper at the time and if he used the same song as a diss to Blacks or Latinos, he would probably be dead. Eminem likes to pick on the 'weak' but gay[z] aint weak and he might be a f*g himself. He knew all the subcultures in that song.

Deadlee also comes down on DMX's references to "homo thugs" and constant use of fa**ot in his lyrics: "I find it crazy when his videos are very homoerotic. All the guys kicking it with their shirts off!"

He takes issue with rapper 50 Cent, who told Playboy in April 2004: I ain't into fa**ots. I don't like gay people around me, because I'm not comfortable with what their thoughts are. I'm not prejudiced. I just don't go with gay people and kick it - we don't have that much in common. I'd rather hang out with a straight dude. But women who like women, that's cool."

Says Deadlee: "F*ck him. I don't like ignorant b**ches around me, so he can suck my gun. He is a classic man who had Homo-feelings and chooses to lash out because he is afraid he might act out on his true feelings. 50 Cent has deep rooted homosexual tendencies."

Joining Deadlee on the Homorevolution Tour are gay and lesbian MCs Johnny Dangerous, Delacruz, Melange Lavonne, Salvimex, Bigg Nugg and JFP. The tour will hit ten cities in Southern California and the Southwest.

Related
Kanye West Revisits Homophobia [tr]
Usher Digs homophobia [tr]
Report: Busta Rhymes Hates Fa**ots [tr]

Comments

1. Mad love and props to Deadlee. It's time bisexual and gay men stand up to bullies and man up, instead of acting like weak little victims. To battle homophobia in hip hop and urban Americans, you need to have people with street credibility speaking up and challenging it who know how to talk the talk and know the community.

Posted by: Javier | Jan 24, 2007 9:44:16 AM

2. "He can suck my gun"
    That's my new motto.

Plato was onto something:

"And if there were only some way of contriving that a state or an army should be made up of lovers and their loves, they would be the very best governors of their own city, abstaining from all dishonour, and emulating one another in honour; and when fighting at each other's side, although a mere handful, they would overcome the world. For what lover would not choose rather to be seen by all mankind than by his beloved, either when abandoning his post or throwing away his arms? He would be ready to die a thousand deaths rather than endure this. Or who would desert his beloved or fail him in the hour of danger?"

Posted by: CF | Jan 24, 2007 10:50:43 AM

3. I'm all for severe critique of homo-bashing in hip-hop, but (and maybe this is an old school tactic) I would prefer something beyond "he can suck my gun."

peace

Posted by: James | Jan 24, 2007 11:07:08 AM

4. I don't know who this dude is but he makes me laugh. Hope he continues to call out the obvious.

As for all those fag-hating rappes, you can suck my gun! Brilliant term.

Posted by: Mark | Jan 24, 2007 11:10:27 AM

5. Why is Cazwell not on this tour??

Posted by: Randy | Jan 24, 2007 11:28:43 AM

6. Especially with the passing of James Brown, it should now be clear to all that 98% of this Hip-Hop music is really dwarfs standing on the shoulders of a GIANT. People making millions off the tired stereotyps of thuggish black & brown men, why are folks swallowing this bullshit?

Posted by: busytimmy | Jan 24, 2007 11:33:03 AM

7. Sheesh.

I know I am going to be attacked for saying this, but I don't think Deadlee would ever say any of those things to those rappers faces.

Secondly, has anyone heard Deadlee? One of his videos was on Logo the other day. It was beyond terrible.

Don’t get me wrong. Even if I don’t like his music, I still appreciate Deadlee creating a voice for the GLBT community in an arena that we are under-represented (id est hip-hop).

However, if you are going to call out bigots for their ignorance I think you should do so in a way that is more mature than empty threats better suited for a middle school playground.

Rise above. Don’t sink to their level.

Posted by: RP | Jan 24, 2007 11:34:24 AM

8. This may have not been the wisest way for him to get some publicity for his tour. I hope he doesn't get shot.

Posted by: anon | Jan 24, 2007 12:32:38 PM

9. Hasn't anybody realized that this post's permalink name is "gay rapper dead"? How ironic. I hope that doesn't happen, just by reading this interview I like him A LOT. I hope he gets big so EVERYBODY can hear what he has to say.

Posted by: dee | Jan 24, 2007 12:41:06 PM

10. See, that's the point at which someone I'd normally agree with says something so ass-backwards that I ultimately can't. Enough of blaming hidden gayness for someone's homophobia. They don't secretly lust for you, they just HATE YOU. Deal with it. The last time a conservative nut said something demeaning, was a response of "oh yeah, well you're gay" really effective? Slaves adopt their masters' delusions, that's for sure.

Posted by: 000000 | Jan 24, 2007 1:06:21 PM

11. it's funny then to see this dude aping the hypermacho fronting in hiphop instead of defining himself in a new way.
    hiphop used to be a galactic freakshow - see afrika bambataa, melle mel, delasoul, etc - with style far beyond do-rags, exagerrated muscles and gang signs. seems like this dude is just diving into the usual hiphop swamp instead of redefining his style.

Posted by: l.l.botox | Jan 24, 2007 1:56:52 PM

12. RP, I agree with you. The video was alright and the singing very good But Dealee's rapping was horrible. As for cazwell watched his video and wasn't that impressed

Posted by: ousslander | Jan 24, 2007 3:27:14 PM

13. Someone kill this faggot already please!

Hey homo your not welcomed in the world of hip hop!
    Get the FUCK OUT FAGGOT!

There is no room in rap for a queer ass nigga like you!

Posted by: A REAL NIGGA | Jan 24, 2007 3:30:18 PM

14. 50 is displaying hidden gayness. You don't like fags but then girl on girl is OK? What is the difference gay is gay! You think 2 gay chicks want or need a guy to jump in, most guys think so but NOT!! If you dont mind gay, you dont mind either way.

Posted by: Trey | Jan 24, 2007 3:42:44 PM

15. Beside him stood Euryalus, his friend:
    Euryalus, than whom the Trojan host
    No fairer face, or sweeter air, could boast-
    Scarce had the down to shade his cheeks begun.
    One was their care, and their delight was one:
    One common hazard in the war they shar'd,
    And now were both by choice upon the guard.
    Then Nisus thus: "Or do the gods inspire
    This warmth, or make we gods of our desire?
    A gen'rous ardor boils within my breast,
    Eager of action, enemy to rest:
    This urges me to fight, and fires my mind
    To leave a memorable name behind."

Posted by: Virgil on Plato | Jan 24, 2007 4:08:46 PM

16. What else does one expect from a thuggish underclass ghetto culture except hatred of gays and women.

Posted by: LightningLad | Jan 24, 2007 5:27:32 PM

17. this guy is a fuckin retard to talk shit about the best rappers in the industry when he himself even witht he best lyrics in the world wouldnt make juss because he packs fudge every night with some guy named henry fuck gay rappers they have nothing to say but i take a loud in the face!

Posted by: austin | Jan 24, 2007 7:10:15 PM

18. I guess that's true equality. Now we can have fellow homos as retard rappers too.

Posted by: Joe T. | Jan 24, 2007 7:25:52 PM

19. i agree with lightninglad ...i bet deadlee just trying to become famous so he can fuck lance from nsync

Posted by: hollaback | Jan 24, 2007 9:31:18 PM

20. I like his music a lot. Saw his video on Logo and for the first time in a while I found myself thinking I could listen to hip hop again.

Posted by: akaison | Jan 24, 2007 10:08:34 PM

21. I wonder if he going to one day blow the wistle on who is gay in the industry? hay he probably slept with all of them lololol bring um out the closet big bohy

Posted by: j | Jan 24, 2007 10:59:59 PM

22. this is so retarded, i understand what he's saying but rap is rap, who is he fooling with that pic of him trying to look thug, im soory but just b/c he's gay doesn't mean he's bringing something new to hip hop or rap, as for rap being an "underclass ghetto culture," whoever said that seriously needs to turn off the tv, not every rapper is about killing, degrading women, etc. and if it was such an underclass ghetto thing then why are so many urban unghetto american's listening to it and spending big bucks keeping it going...instead of using ignorant racist comments maybe research things first...

Posted by: lala | Jan 24, 2007 11:53:12 PM

23. Lala: A huge percentage of white kids like it as an amusing slumming type thing. And whether it's covering degrading topics or not, it still seems like a pretty talentless music form. It won't be remembered 20 years from now like the Motown classics are.

Posted by: Joe T. | Jan 25, 2007 12:06:48 AM

24. Dude is right but he shouldn't talk so much shit. And for those of you who think the people he's calling out will retaliate you know nothing. The media and PR "packages" have fooled you, but i am not mad at you for being confused. You see Snoop called out Suge and nothing happened. The rest of these people are just playing games. If they are gay or not does not matter they are just like the rest of "Hollywood" they do what they have to in order to get ahead. It is what it is. And if any one of you that lives out here and really knows the game can tell me different please try to, I am open to new perspectives.

Posted by: lachick | Jan 25, 2007 7:12:59 AM

25. WTF?!!!! SOMEBODY SHOOT DIS FAGGOT DAT IS STR8 SICK...WTF IS DUDE GON RAP ABOUT? GUYS SUCKIN HIS DICK? NASTY F*CKIN NASTY!

Posted by: dre | Jan 25, 2007 9:50:52 AM