I'm Not Gay | News | Television | Wentworth Miller

Wentworth Miller: "I'm Not Gay"

Wentworthmiller_1In a recent interview with the Australian Associated Press, Prison Break star Wentworth Miller seeks to dispel certain rumors about his sexuality:

"No, I'm not gay. I know these rumours are out there ... I'm cool with the fact that they exist, I mean this is about fantasy. Certain people are going to have certain fantasies, if someone wants to imagine me with a woman, or a man or one of each that's cool with me as long as you keep watching the show."

He also says the trappings of fame take a bit of getting used to: "What happens to your identity, to the perception of who you are on this journey is a strange one," he said while on his first visit down under. There's this kind of star struck dynamic, I guess that's why they invented that word to describe that moment when a fan comes running up to you and they're so excited to see you. (But) inevitably there's this moment, where the shoe drops and they realise they have no idea who you are. I guess it's that strangeness, the identification with an actor, with a character, (and) the reality that you don't really know them at all which is kind of hard to wrap your head around."

You may have missed...
Gay in 2006: The Ins, Outs, and In-Betweens
(source)

Comments

1. Its ok to be gay...

Posted by: m | Jan 4, 2007 4:35:33 PM

2. I do not think Wentworth Miller is attractive at all - give me Jakey G. or Daniel Craig any day - so this is not coming from someone who is outing an actor because of a secret desire that he's truly gay.

Nothing new for Hollywood but disappointing nonetheless. Have a fun time with the Scientologists, Wenty! They'll keep your secret nice and discreet.

Posted by: jeff | Jan 4, 2007 4:37:21 PM

3. I don't know if he is or not. My gaydar doesn't go off for him. He's not my type. However, he sounds like he has his head on straight. That's more than most straight people can claim.

Posted by: jack | Jan 4, 2007 4:38:20 PM

4. How interesting it would be to see if gay men could reply to anything without going after someone's looks or sexuality. So vapid.

Posted by: ogden | Jan 4, 2007 4:40:05 PM

5. Ogden, the entire POST is about a lusted-after actor's sexuality. To not comment on his looks and/or his sexuality would be a non-sequitir.

Your heart is in the right place, but, really...

Posted by: jeff | Jan 4, 2007 4:42:07 PM

6. Guess you're right. I need to lighten up a bit. Just coming off another post that was a bit more substantial. My apologies.

Posted by: ogden | Jan 4, 2007 4:44:49 PM

7. Not what I've heard . . .

Posted by: GM | Jan 4, 2007 4:52:09 PM

8. w/e

Posted by: mark | Jan 4, 2007 4:57:07 PM

9. Is he a Scientologist?

Posted by: Anon | Jan 4, 2007 5:07:38 PM

10. ...NEXT!

Posted by: Chef Boyardee | Jan 4, 2007 5:07:41 PM

11. He's VERY good friends with Mr. C. That's all I'm saying.

Posted by: Pinga Linga | Jan 4, 2007 5:14:54 PM

12. I think this is awesome, it'll serve the gay community right for worshipping guys who haven't done anything to acknowledge us in the first place.

Did he owe us to call himself gay because some gays think he's hot? Nope. How about lusting about the numerous gay guys out there for a change?

Posted by: Da | Jan 4, 2007 5:46:14 PM

13. I'm not gay either. I just fuck men. And suck cock. And love to rim and get rimmed. And love to suck a mans face.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Jan 4, 2007 5:50:56 PM

14. I'm sure Perez Hilton is gonna go nuts after hearing this.

Posted by: anon | Jan 4, 2007 6:23:52 PM

15. Because I care what Perez Hilton thinks.

Posted by: David | Jan 4, 2007 6:25:29 PM

16. ...must...put...weiner...in...wentworth's...ass...

Posted by: WentworthsGayCock | Jan 4, 2007 6:32:59 PM

17. You guys are still stuck with that rumor about Scientology and gays? It's a LIE, folks.

a) I personally know of at least a dozen Scientologists who are openly gay. They are active in the community, participate in Church events and take courses like any Scientologist.

b) Being a Scientologist, I believe Tom Cruise about his being straight. Not because it's any "righter" or "wronger" to one or the other, but because Scientology is a road to self-honesty. Also, it's clear that Cruise doesn't hold back when it comes to his opinions , so think about it, were he really gay, he'd be on Jay Leno wearing a rainbow t-shirt.

c) The lie about Scientology presented as "anti-gay" was created by a small group of anti-Scientologists and has been perpetuated by Internet nerds. The truth is entirely different.

I recommend you take a look at this PDF: The Straight Dope about Scientology and the Gay Community

Peace
    Greg
    Scientologist and proud of it

Posted by: Greg | Jan 4, 2007 7:32:15 PM

18. Sad how many gay men worship at the feet of hetros when we should be supporting and lifting each other up on our shoulders. Just shows you how far we need to go. It's funny, don't any of you remember feeling different from everyone else when you were in school? Didn't you wish you had a gay friend who understood your world?

As for Perez Hilton, he's a disgusting excuse for a gay man. He represents every negative stereotype gay men who ever have thrown at them.

Posted by: Matt | Jan 4, 2007 7:33:10 PM

19. Ooops.
    For some reason the interface didn't take my link. The PDF can be found at:

Peace
    Greg

Posted by: Greg | Jan 4, 2007 7:34:31 PM

20. Greg:

Hail Xenu.

As for Wentworth miller. No great loss. The breeders can have him.

Posted by: Wolf | Jan 4, 2007 9:16:58 PM

21. interesting post from the Scientologist ... just goes to prove that it is just a business run using cult techniques .... all about raising money for the insiders ... and the followers pony it up ... when a "belief" became a negative recuitment issue ... they changed the "belief" ... it roped them in the closet cases for a while ... now it will get the weak minded gays who can not spot an obvious cult.

Posted by: rjp3 | Jan 4, 2007 10:38:28 PM

22. Greg, you know very well that homosexuality is incompatible with living a Clear life.

See you on the corner of LRon and Fountain!

Posted by: Xenu | Jan 4, 2007 11:50:33 PM

23. "I can aver that Mr. Miller is unequivocally a gay man. To say otherwise is a flat-out lie."

Just curious, Jeff, but you can't leave us hangin' here. That's a bold statement. Drop us a hint. We won't tell anyone...

Posted by: J.C. | Jan 5, 2007 12:17:43 AM

24. Yea i don't find him attractive either. I don't even watch the show but i know i'd rather have the guy that plays his brother.

"I just fuck men. And suck cock. And love to rim and get rimmed. And love to suck a mans face."

Anything ELSE you'd like to share with us Patrick??

Posted by: steve | Jan 5, 2007 1:55:13 AM

25. Im sick of all this bitching about "lusting" over straight entertainers. If I find the majority of famous hetero actors more attractive than the very few and seldom seen gay actors than so be it! Sir Ian Mckellan might be a brilliant actor but he sure as hell cant give me a woody. We dont know any of these people anymore than a random joe on the street. So if anything, none of them actualy deserve the extreme adoration that thousands or millions of fans shower on them everyday.

Posted by: Toto | Jan 5, 2007 2:27:25 AM