Fashion Men | Magazines | Models | News | Switzerland

BigGayDeal.com

Man Cons Swiss Paper into Publishing Fake Gucci Ad...of Himself

Gucci_1Ever dream of seeing yourself in a fashion ad? In some places, you can now do it yourself.

A man in Switzerland created this fake Gucci ad, featuring himself, and phoned the Swiss weekly SonntagsZeitung, booked the $50,000 ad for Sunday's edition, and told staff at the paper to bill Gucci, which they did.

According to the AP, the ad was booked too late for staff at the publication to check if the ad was valid (and it's not clear if they would have anyway, since the man told the weekly he was with Gucci) so the two-page spread went to press and Gucci was billed.

Christoph Zimmer, a rep. for the weekly, said "We've spoken to Gucci and apologized for the mistake. We're going to try and get the money back from this guy, but we don't rate our chances."

The man's name was not reported to the media, but he's supposedly under investigation for other forms of fraud. At least they've got a good idea what he looks like.

Swiss Newspaper Falls for Prankster's Fake Gucci Ad [ap]

Comments

1. haha clever idea! :P

Posted by: ALEXSANDER | Feb 27, 2007 5:10:57 PM

2. OMG, that's hilarious! I wonder who got fired.

Posted by: FizziekruntNT | Feb 27, 2007 5:15:24 PM

3. HAHAHA! fuckin' great

Posted by: forreal | Feb 27, 2007 5:31:13 PM

4. The dude is FUG! Who in their right mind would believe that this man is a model for Gucci!? While some kids with down syndrome get TV shows a la "Life Goes On", they rarely get booked for modeling jobs by major fashion companies! This magazine (or newspaper) should eat the costs for being so stupid.

Posted by: Bob | Feb 27, 2007 5:33:11 PM

5. BOB: have you seen some of the past Gucci models? ;)

Posted by: Cory | Feb 27, 2007 5:35:02 PM

6. Bob that comment is really mean ... and funny.

But yeah I think thats brilliant. Very narcissitic too.

Posted by: Toto | Feb 27, 2007 5:44:07 PM

7. Bob, You are merely showing your lack of taste, your prejudices, and your stupidity. The man in the fake advert has quite handsome classical features (and I selected models for ads in a past career). I would not be surprised if he were offered modeling jobs after his stunt. But even were he not good looking, why are you denigrating people with Down Syndrome?

Now crawl back under the bridge you morally repugnant troll.

Posted by: rudy | Feb 27, 2007 5:45:15 PM

8. Well said Rudy esp. re the down's syndrome jibe; nasty.

Posted by: atheist | Feb 27, 2007 5:48:45 PM

9. Cory, I have seen Gucci models, and most are quite gorgeous in a homogenous way... This guy does not fit the mold of an average Gucci Model.

Toto, thanks! I am a career narcissist here in LA.

Rudy, I can see why selecting models is a "past" career of yours! His receding hairline is laughable. His posture is atrocious, he has absolutely NO jaw line, and I can totally see his double chin! Don't even get me started on his face pubes, which are pretty nasty all on their own. Nothing about this man is workth booking for a job, that's probably why it's not your job to do so anymore.

He's not an attractive man, and he's certainly not Gucci material. Sorry if that offends people.

Posted by: Bob | Feb 27, 2007 6:00:04 PM

10. It's BANKSY II - Electric Boogaloo!

Posted by: david | Feb 27, 2007 6:00:28 PM

11. Bob, I was joking, trying to keep in track with the light-hearted topic. God, why does every topic always have to become an argument?

Posted by: Cory | Feb 27, 2007 6:01:19 PM

12. I see I was beaten to making a Banksy comment, but this guy has Banksy beat too.

Posted by: anon | Feb 27, 2007 6:06:49 PM

13. my question would be: "why is someone black always deemed unattractive in these comment pages?"

just wondering.

Posted by: tekay | Feb 27, 2007 6:07:37 PM

14. I think he's very attractive.

Posted by: peterparker | Feb 27, 2007 6:09:05 PM

15. Bob, You are not only a troll you are an asswipe.

Posted by: rudy | Feb 27, 2007 6:09:58 PM

16. Now that's art! Good for him.

Posted by: Giovanni | Feb 27, 2007 6:16:55 PM

17. I second Rudy's last comment!!

I think this guy is quite attractive.

Posted by: soulbrotha | Feb 27, 2007 6:24:36 PM

18. What BOB just revealed is the exact thought process he employs when he goes out to a bar and destroys as many men in his own head as he can before any of them catch on to the fact that he is devoid of his own self-worth and is, thus, not worth an O'Doul's.

The sad fact is that BOB is probably applying some narrow definition of beauty that is not even his own...it was probably cooked up by Wilhelmina or Eileen or DV or some other self-appointed arbiter.

I thought the guy was kinda sexy but add in his audaciousness and sense of humor and I give him a virtual 10" cock and hottest guy in the room status LOL I'd rather spend an evening with a guy this outrageously subversive than some perfect nip-and-tuck BOB fantasy.

Fuck you, BOB! :-)

Posted by: Becks07 | Feb 27, 2007 6:34:07 PM

19. Homer Simpson wannabe...

Posted by: M | Feb 27, 2007 6:51:18 PM

20. "God, why does every topic always have to become an argument?

Posted by: Cory | Feb 27, 2007 6:01:19 PM"

Because towleroad is overrun with bitter bigoted queens.
    They can't laugh, because they ARE the joke.

Posted by: forreal | Feb 27, 2007 7:15:29 PM

21. Word

Peace

Posted by: M | Feb 27, 2007 7:17:38 PM

22. He's hot. Bob's not.

Posted by: Dave | Feb 27, 2007 7:32:46 PM

23. Can it, M!

Posted by: D | Feb 27, 2007 8:44:08 PM

24. The guy is a criminal just right for you gangsta wannabees. Very entertaining though.

Posted by: M | Feb 27, 2007 9:23:56 PM

25. I have to give th guy props for being so audaciously crazy

The eyebrows.....PUT AWAY THAT TWEEZER!

I want every gay guy in the world to put away their tweezers. Men should not have thin, womanly, perfectly manicured, and or overly tweezed eyebrows.

Otherwise , I give this guy a ^5 for being so crazy and bold.

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Feb 27, 2007 9:36:33 PM