Chad White | Fashion Men | Models | New York | News

BigGayDeal.com

New York Fashion Week Leftovers: Chad White

Chadw1_1

What's a Friday without a little Chad White? Here are a few remainders from New York's fashion week. Backstage at the Buckler show (top) with fellow model Jared, and on the runway for Heatherette (bottom). Johnny Weir was scheduled to take a turn on the runway for Heatherette but was reportedly a no-show.

Chadw2_1 Chadw3

You may have missed...
Chad White Flaunts Fashion on Paris runways [tr]

Comments

1. Huh? I've never gotten the point of these abstract, over-the-top show items, and interviews with the designers have only made me much more confused.

Posted by: burnssuit | Feb 9, 2007 11:31:37 AM

2. Don't really understand the Chad White fascination. To my eyes he is not all that handsome and looks more like a gawky 20 year old. Give me Enrique Palacios.

Posted by: busytimmy | Feb 9, 2007 11:33:00 AM

3. 1. Chad's so hot, it makes my eyes hurt.
    2. Heatherette is bullshit.

Posted by: HUGO | Feb 9, 2007 11:34:38 AM

4. Ooohh! Don't you just love fashion? Especially when it's so small that all you can see is bare model.

sigh. If only I'd studied design...

Posted by: Stephen | Feb 9, 2007 11:35:56 AM

5. Jared is scrumptious, what a sweetie

Posted by: rascal | Feb 9, 2007 11:37:43 AM

6. His outfits look like rejected superhero costumes. I will never understand runway fashion.

Posted by: Matt | Feb 9, 2007 11:38:28 AM

7. Bravo Andy. I was wondering when you would get to La White and Heatherette. He looked even more scrumptious AND ridiculous in person. Maybe it is "the walk" but La White does not appear as knock kneed in person as he does in pictures. These are not fashions but a giant put-on by rapidly aging club twinks. Heatherette is visual meth but at least La White is a Tom of Finland fantasy come alive.

Posted by: rudy | Feb 9, 2007 11:45:49 AM

8. The outfits are horrible. Although there is something familiar about the harness. However, it could use a few studs.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Feb 9, 2007 11:51:55 AM

9. What’s the deal with today’s “male models”? Short and Fem seems to be the watchwords. Guys used to have to be 5’11” or over a 40 long jacket and 32 pants. Now it looks like any queen that’s a ladies size 7 or 9 is in.

Posted by: ggreen | Feb 9, 2007 11:57:14 AM

10. chad might be gold, but seems johnny weir may be the sharper one for knowing to pass on heatherette. chad's bookers should've known better.
    meanwhile, as hot as chad white is or may be, howzabout posting more male models for variety's sake... like Andrew Stetson for one...

Posted by: A.J. | Feb 9, 2007 12:08:27 PM

11. Something about Chad reminds me of Wentworth Miller. Is Chad bi-racial too? Does anyone know?

Anyways, it's all good - both are Sex on Legs (knock knees notwithstanding in Chad's case).

Posted by: just sayin' | Feb 9, 2007 12:55:10 PM

12. That has got to be the most ridiculous fashion show (well, they're all ridiculous) I have ever seen. Do people take this shit seriously???

As for Chad White, hot, and he's not normally my type (needs to eat). Any one else think he's a closet case (or am I just dreaming?).

Just sayin': I see it, but it's probably the shaved head and facial structure...

Posted by: Cory | Feb 9, 2007 1:01:44 PM

13. Darnit, i was going to wear that second outfit to work on Monday and now the surprise is ruined.

Posted by: matthew | Feb 9, 2007 1:09:14 PM

14. Chad is a handsome man. Regardless of your particular personal interest, he is an attractive human being. That's all.

Posted by: DTP | Feb 9, 2007 1:48:04 PM

15. Chad is white hot.
    But, the clothes... hideous. How did he not trip on that comforter/coat thing?

Posted by: Greg | Feb 9, 2007 2:02:34 PM

16. So..sick..of...Chad White. There are a lot of other hot models out there too.

Posted by: A | Feb 9, 2007 2:10:42 PM

17. Chad White is absolute perfection!

Posted by: peterparker | Feb 9, 2007 2:13:21 PM

18. And, I thought we had seen the end of the buzz cut? Ecce homo! It still is not pretty.

Posted by: The Gay Species | Feb 9, 2007 2:35:02 PM

19. Red nail polish?Whats up with that?

Posted by: GB | Feb 9, 2007 2:46:31 PM

20. Not cute. His face is in the center of that big head and he looks a bit caveman-ish to me. He's clearly touched. Rocking body but the face face is wrecked.

Posted by: Carrie | Feb 9, 2007 4:06:49 PM

21. He doesn't have a typical model-pretty face, but I think that's his charm. He always looks innocent and open and unspoiled, which is a rarity in an industry that prizes looking cool, detached and knowing. Honestly, he's a relief. I get the criticism (that he's not model pretty, and I usually love model pretty), but I'm a fan of the guy, and have been from back when he was a tiny blip on the radar. He's like Alek Wek; you see him and you can't help but break out in a smile and silently root for him. There's a reason people who never know male model names know his name. He's that charming.

Posted by: SGR | Feb 9, 2007 4:25:51 PM

22. How can someone be a "fan" of a model?

You appreciate his speed/grace as he walks down the runway?

Posted by: jmg | Feb 9, 2007 4:35:53 PM

23. Yeah, it's all about speed and grace. They can look like the back of a bus, but as long as they're fast and don't fall, I'm gagging for more. The best and most successful models are the fastest. Now you know, spread the word.

Posted by: SGR | Feb 9, 2007 4:58:44 PM

24. The Heatherette clothing is absurdly self-indulgent, over the top and gawd awful. Whoever the designer for Heatherette is has managed to redefine the meaning of "tacky." As for Mr. White, he'd look good wearing a burlap sack (or even better out of one).

Posted by: Robert In WeHo | Feb 9, 2007 7:08:14 PM

25. Meh. He's certainly not a "prettyboy". I just don't see the big deal...he'll be over in a year or two.

Posted by: FanGirlHater | Feb 9, 2007 7:09:04 PM