Boxing | Floyd Mayweather | News | Oscar de la Hoya | Sportrait | Sports

BigGayDeal.com

Sportrait: Floyd Mayweather and Oscar De La Hoya

Box8

Boxers always try to get in each other's faces before an upcoming match. Stare down one's opponent with a display of machismo.

Box1 Box2

It's a pretty tough act for a couple of pretty boys, as was the case when Floyd Mayweather and Oscar De La Hoya faced off yesterday at NYC's Waldorf Astoria Hotel to announce their May 5th Junior Middleweight Championship fight at the MGM Hotel in Las Vegas.

Box4

The face-off broke up as Mayweather stripped off his jacket, setting off what looked like an episode of "Pants Off, Dance Off", but never quite got that far.

See the rest, after the jump...

Box3

Box5_1

Box6_1

C'mon Oscar, you can do better than that.

Box7

You may have missed...
Sportrait: Javier Saviola [tr]
Sportrait: Ellis Hobbs [tr]
Sportrait: Tommy Haas [tr]
Sportrait: Croatian National Water Polo League [tr]
Sportrait: Zack Fleishman [tr]

Comments

1. Let's have some fun with this!

Write a caption for the first pic of the "face off".

Posted by: soulbrotha | Feb 21, 2007 2:22:08 PM

2. ^^ "Got Snickers?"

Posted by: Da | Feb 21, 2007 2:49:38 PM

3. Oh jeez! The look on Oscar's face is priceless! He's IN LOVE with his opponent! Or at least with his body!

I saw John Ameichi on Bill Maher the other night and he said the locker rooms of the NBA are the gayest place ever, with all of the "straight" guys checking each other out and adding product to their hair... he also said there's huge irony because some of the players arrive wearing "Jesus loves you" wristbands and then proceed to discuss their sexual conquests from the night before.

Posted by: Wayne | Feb 21, 2007 2:57:10 PM

4. I'll take a pair of six packs to go, please.

Posted by: homer | Feb 21, 2007 3:07:43 PM

5. I wanna be the cheese in their Ash Wednesday sandwich.

What babes... the black guy is obviously a dreamboat and hung like a horse.

And Oscar is the hottest Mexican I have ever seen.

Posted by: Krishnan | Feb 21, 2007 7:53:20 PM

6. I bet they would make a hot pairing in a Falcon video.

Posted by: GregB | Feb 21, 2007 9:29:01 PM

7. First stare down pic[fully clothed]
    Floyd to Oscar:Presidential suite 10:30 be there and dont be late!
    Oscar:OK

Posted by: GregB | Feb 21, 2007 9:34:48 PM

8. Krishnan, get a life. "The black guy" has a name -- Floyd Mayweather. It's right there in the headline. And I'm not sure why you assume he is "hung like a horse." Can you see something through his jeans that the rest of us can't? Oh I see, it's because he's black. Both of these guys have very delicious bodies, to be sure, but the racial objectification is truly icky and uncalled for.

Posted by: So Left I'm Right | Feb 22, 2007 8:07:21 AM

9. how do i get me some of that?

Posted by: cd | Feb 22, 2007 8:44:52 AM

10. My caption:
    "I just can't quit you"

Posted by: ELI | Feb 22, 2007 8:56:22 AM

11. yes, so left i'm right, but cut krishnan some slack. he's a paki and doesn't know any better.

Posted by: gwyneth cornrow | Feb 22, 2007 10:31:32 AM

12. the only thing i like about boxing is rocky. oh, and when two hot boxers almost kiss.

Posted by: robert | Feb 22, 2007 11:50:02 AM