Dance | Heather Mills | Jonathan Roberts | News | Television

Heather Mills was Hoping for a Gay Partner

Heather_mills

I rarely watch Dancing with the Stars but last night I happened to catch Heather Mills performing the Mambo with her dance partner Jonathan Roberts. Mills did a stunning backflip during the routine, and if there were ever a time for the leg to come flying off, that was it. Mills has been publicizing her stint on the show with just such a possibility.

She told Access Hollywood: "There is a chance on one of the tricks that I do on the mambo at the beginning it is such a kind of pow trick that it could come off. And, I know people are making bets on it and everything." She also told Jay Leno, earlier this week, "I've bet a few hundred dollars it's not going to come off. So I'll win some money."

Mills also recently said she wanted a gay man as a partner: "I asked for a gay guy... I said, 'I haven't had a date in 10 months and yet I've been associated with all these different people, which is rubbish.' Jonathan turned up and I said, 'Well, he doesn't look gay,' and I said, 'Are you gay?' And he said, 'No, I'm not, I'm married...' He's just a great person."

Though I have issue with so many things about that last statement, I have to say that Mills does a mean backflip given her prosthetic limb. She certainly knows how to keep her eyes, er, leg on the prize. Clip (sorry for the quality) after the jump...

Comments

1. You could of FOOLED me!
    Maybe he does not know yet.

Posted by: Fazal | Mar 27, 2007 8:41:37 AM

2. One more thing, she must be blind as well

Posted by: Fazal | Mar 27, 2007 8:43:06 AM

3. I think the fumes from the toupee glue have clouded his self-perception.

Posted by: Brian | Mar 27, 2007 8:45:26 AM

4. Dear America,

Please keep the money-hungry wench.
    And please stop being so nice to her!

Signed,
    Britain

Posted by: A Cairns | Mar 27, 2007 8:50:42 AM

5. Forgive me, but I swear your headline read that Heather was "hopping" for a gay partner! I thought, "Wow, that's in bad taste." Ooops.

Posted by: the other jeff | Mar 27, 2007 9:04:07 AM

6. ...c'mon boys, it's so predictable you'd bring "he sure *looks* it" and "coulda fooled me..." Keep perpetuating the stereotype, gentlemen!

Posted by: Jason | Mar 27, 2007 9:11:07 AM

7. kudo's to heather mills... her performance was glorious.

Posted by: A.J. | Mar 27, 2007 9:27:41 AM

8. Uhm, who is Heather Mills?

LOL brian, that thing does look like a toupe on his head.

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Mar 27, 2007 9:38:06 AM

9. "Are you gay?"
    "No, I'm just really good-lookin'."

Posted by: Michael W. | Mar 27, 2007 9:45:21 AM

10. uh, what does "looking gay" mean? is it a la garrison keillor when he stated the requisite dress was polka dots, etc? obviously, her brains are in her hollow leg.

Posted by: sean | Mar 27, 2007 10:02:25 AM

11. ...so what if i think her partner looks gay...yes, that may be presumptuous...he may NOT be, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was, (even if he says he's married...he didn't say to a woman, lol)...plus, it's just an honest observation which shouldn't be such a big deal...the idea that someone might be gay being so awful is what sucks, besides it's Alex, but mostly Max, on the show that are HOT and give me the shivers...Go, Max and Laila!

Posted by: yeahisaidit | Mar 27, 2007 10:56:30 AM

12. I don't know why she wanted a gay dance partner...we don't like golddiggers any more than anyone else does.

Posted by: ChristopherM | Mar 27, 2007 12:01:25 PM

13. she does dance pretty well with that pegleg!

Posted by: alison | Mar 27, 2007 12:02:19 PM

14. Um, have you heard him speak?? He may be married, but I doubt it's to a woman. He's not even trying to hide the gay.

Posted by: nics | Mar 27, 2007 12:07:23 PM

15. Her dancing was awful. That goofy grin of hers. She seemed to be constantly surprised that she was still standing / twirling / shimmying, etc.

Less concerned with whether her dance partner is gay, and more concerned with why she cares so much. I mean, if she has a heterosexual partner, she will automatically be linked to him? The press and peeps are going to talk anyway.

Oh. And we KNOW that being married doesn't mean jack shit when two people are in lust, er, luv.

Posted by: ronnie | Mar 27, 2007 12:59:42 PM

16. I don't have any problem with her statement. And that wife beater she was married to isn't any better.

She's fine by me.

Posted by: dattexas | Mar 27, 2007 1:27:55 PM

17. How shallow of her to request a gay man.

The only thing that should matter is that he's hot.

Posted by: mark m | Mar 27, 2007 1:28:48 PM

18. "we don't like golddiggers any more than anyone else does"

And Reichen can't dance....

Posted by: Leland | Mar 27, 2007 1:31:30 PM

19. the 50 million will turn any gay straight, can't wait for somebody to take it from this yokoho or yoho...i kill me.

Posted by: einstein | Mar 27, 2007 1:46:12 PM

20. Okay,

When did it become okay for someone to ask if you're gay after you just met them? Does she really think she's so hot that they guy would want her, 50 mill or not?

Posted by: Will | Mar 27, 2007 2:37:57 PM

21. OMG! Heather has blown me away. I confess that the only reason I am watching this show is for Heather, and I will continue to watch as long as she is on. While the other dancers were ok, they didn't come close to the excitement of Heather and Jonathon. I hope they stay on the show for a long time. Heather deserves 100 million dollars or more to have put up with stodgy, creepy Paul McCartny. None of her detractors know how difficult he is to live with, and he trashed her, the mum of his child. What a sorry piece of crap. I hope he's eating his heart out. Heather is awesome. I have endless respect for her courage, free spirit, and sense of humor. I'm blown away!

Posted by: michele | Mar 27, 2007 2:43:32 PM

22. That horrible horrible HORRIBLE slutty attention seeking bitch from hell! Ugh she makes my skin crawl. She's crawled from under a rock, scammed her way into a Beatle's life, taken a man for half of everything he's ever worked for all his life, slagged her way for all the fame she can garnish, fled her home country because she's so hated, and now is milking innocent America for sympathy. I hope her good leg flies off with her arms and even better her head! GET RID OF HER YOU GUYS!
    From,
    Adam in London

Posted by: A Mason | Mar 27, 2007 2:57:50 PM

23. yeah right...i'm not gay either. sheesh.
    i'm so sick of closet queens.
    heather, i have to admit, is dancing better than i expected but she has that fugly brit thing going on, poor thing, and a personality to match.

Posted by: el polacko | Mar 27, 2007 4:03:33 PM

24. what does looking gay mean are you serious
    How amny times do you claim every pretty guy just needs to come out.
    You say no straight guy would wear that look like that etc and then you have the audacity to say wha does gay lok like

She is a dirty whore she makes me hate women and im one no wonder somoepeople are bachelors. My 8 yr old brother already bitchin about prenups or not getting married women get pregnant and steal your money im not correcting him beter be ssafe than sorry. DId you put person through school help them make money then no part for you bitch

Posted by: sasha | Mar 27, 2007 4:47:06 PM

25. oh honey, that boi has gay face written all over his gay face.

i'm hoping this bitch doesn't move to the states.

Posted by: Bea Gass | Mar 28, 2007 10:12:51 AM