American Idol | Blake Lewis | Chris Richardson | Music | News

BigGayDeal.com

Idol's Chris Richardson and Blake Lewis Get Cozy

Cozy

Given the fact that I haven't been able to decide which of these guys I like better, I'm very happy to see that they now come in one convenient package.

Our Towleroad photoshop experts are calling foul on its authenticity, but given the amount of Blake/Chris material I'm sent on a daily basis, I'm sure it will be appreciated.

Comments

1. Very nice. Are we sure this isn't Photoshopped? I want to keep thinking it is real, though.

Posted by: Michael | Apr 5, 2007 12:44:09 PM

2. Bad Photoshop. The guy with the shaved head has been added to the picture.

Posted by: no-no | Apr 5, 2007 12:46:07 PM

3. not sure about that. any photoshop experts out there?

Posted by: andy | Apr 5, 2007 12:47:44 PM

4. Hmm - if it is real, I bet Seacrest is jealous.

Posted by: hoya86 | Apr 5, 2007 12:52:57 PM

5. from my naked trained eyes, Chris's fingers' shadow it's a bit suspicious. then again, Blake's shadow on Chris is also a bit off.

The pic is sweet though.

Posted by: Zakky | Apr 5, 2007 12:54:11 PM

6. yeah Richardson's left leg is MIA.

Posted by: BadgerSam | Apr 5, 2007 12:54:47 PM

7. It does look 'shopped. The way that Chris' hand rests on the chair...
    Also, there's no back to the chair, yet he's leaning. Strange.

Posted by: Matt | Apr 5, 2007 12:55:34 PM

8. Very good photoshop work. But the end result is sweeeeeeeeet! ;-)

Posted by: Wady | Apr 5, 2007 12:55:44 PM

9. "from my naked trained eyes, ..."

I meant naked untrained eyes. Gosh I kept omitting negations these days..

Posted by: Zakky | Apr 5, 2007 12:56:10 PM

10. This is totally faked. Look at the shadow on Chris' collar right behind Blakes head. Whoever did it rendered shadows across different planes with one stroke of the airbrush without any consideration for how light reacts to each plane. Really bad job. BTW, I work with Pshop every single day.

Posted by: louise | Apr 5, 2007 12:58:21 PM

11. Yeah it's a fake and a bad one. The shadows are off and there is no way both of them could be sitting in that chair like that. There just isn't enough space.

But the real clue is the light reflection. Blake's white shirt isn't reflecting any light back onto Chris at all.

I still want to believe that it’s real though. I am thinking some bad thoughts right about now.

Posted by: BVC | Apr 5, 2007 12:58:49 PM

12. Definite Photoshop job. I have no doubt. The more I look at it, the more problems I see.

Posted by: Rich | Apr 5, 2007 1:01:49 PM

13. Yes, it is a fake, but it can't be considered a bad one. It is a fair one. One could easily pass by this photo without knowing. If it was a straight unknown couple I doubt anyone would have questioned to look so closely.

Posted by: Patrick | Apr 5, 2007 1:04:13 PM

14. I'd call it a fake too, but the cub and the twink sure make a cute couple.

Posted by: MikeinSanJose | Apr 5, 2007 1:06:00 PM

15. Undoubtedly fake as hell. Damn, gay men project more than a multiplex.

Posted by: 000000 | Apr 5, 2007 1:16:59 PM

16. Wow, such cynicism! Sure, I want to believe this pic is real, but I also think I could spot a fake. I don't see any of the issues people report above. And as for Chris' missing leg, I can make out Blake's sock in the lower right corner, so Blake's leg is laying on top of Chris's.

Posted by: Eric W | Apr 5, 2007 1:22:07 PM

17. Okay, wait, slight recant -- I see the shadow people are talking about across Chris's chest. Okay, that is a bit questionable. But, I'm impressed with Chris' hand resting on Blake's arm. If it is fake, so be it -- but thank you to whoever brought it to your attention.

Posted by: Eric W | Apr 5, 2007 1:26:26 PM

18. Definitely photoshop: look at the dark shadows around Chris' hands, especially his left hand, which doesn't seem to be aligned with the armrest.

Posted by: Joseph | Apr 5, 2007 1:32:48 PM

19. Yes, it is Photoshop'd. Not great, but not bad either. Still good eye candy...can't fault a girl for dreamin' :)

Posted by: Labia Minora-Majora | Apr 5, 2007 1:35:28 PM

20. Eric, the opposite of cynicism is naiveté. the pic is an obvious fake from any technical standpoint. they are clearly lit from different directions, there's an amateur-ish fuzzy shadow evenly outlining the edges, and do you really think a leg could fit underneath that sock?

just wanted to point out that you should revise your assumption that you can spot a fake! :)

reminds me of the story a few years back about the college that photoshopped minority students into its brochures.

Posted by: tim | Apr 5, 2007 1:36:02 PM

21. those two guys make american idol totally worthwhile !!

Posted by: A.J. | Apr 5, 2007 1:36:13 PM

22. I don't understand the fascination with them. Chris looks good and Blake is ok looking, but both of them aren't great singers imo. Blake and his lame beat boxing is annoying and Chris
    is a Justin Timberlake impersonator. He tries way to hard to sing exactly like him.

Posted by: Tear | Apr 5, 2007 1:43:11 PM

23. I don't think the person who photoshopped this was intending to outwit the CIA or anything, so the extra sharp criticism here from Louise and BVC is a bit bizarre. It's a cute composite image intended to catch your eye and make you smile, not fool the experts.

Posted by: Tom | Apr 5, 2007 1:45:56 PM

24. As I was reading the fake/no fake debate I looked to the right of the comments page and saw the realjock.com ad -- also a bad photoshop job. Just thought it was funny...

Posted by: David | Apr 5, 2007 1:46:39 PM