Jamie Bell to Follow Daniel Radcliffe in Equus

Jamie_bell

Although Jesse Metcalfe had been rumored to be next up to take over in Daniel Radcliffe‘s revealing Equus role, it now looks like the torch will be handed off to Jamie Bell.

The Daily Mail reports: “‘Jamie is really excited about taking over and isn’t at all daunted about stripping off,’ says a source. The same can’t be said of Orlando Bloom who, I hear, turned down the raunchy role.”

you may have missed…
Jamie Bell: “Me Gay? That’s Absurd.” [tr]
Daniel Radcliffe Equus Promos Shock, Scandalize [tr]

Comments

1. 24play says

Perhaps the producers would let Orlando perform the role in his panties, as Andrew Sullivan did when he was at Hahvuhd.

2. jack says

For a second when I read that I thought it was Jesse McCartney and I giggled picturing how geniusly bad it would be.

3. Rob says

Thirty-year-old Orlando Bloom couldn’t play seventeen. Not to the people in the front row, anyway.

4. says

Jamie Bell is totally one of my favorite actors. This news made me have to throw Nicholas Nickleby into the DVD player.

5. Butterpantz says

Ugh..Metcalfe. He couldn’t act his way out of a wet paper bag. Such a desperate cry for PR. Jamie Bell. Perfect.

6. Br!on says

I think Jamie Bell will be one of the world’s best actors in the future. For fans of his make sure that you rent the incredible, totally overlooked UNDERTOW. Lensed like a 70’s movie but with stunning performances by every single actor.

Dermott Mulrohney, Josh Lucas (wrestling in the mud in white jeans (whew)), Jamie Bell in what amounts to a deep south version of treasure island.

One of the few movies I watched then flipped and watched again.

7. jimmyg says

I have seen Jamie in Equus. He was amazing. He has a great uncut cock, with low hung balls…I think the left was larger and lower than the right….and tufts of light pubes….amazing!!!