Andy Roddick | Magazines | News | Tennis

Did Andy Roddick get a Photoshop workout?

Andy1 Andy2

Some earth-shattering news for your Friday afternoon: TMZ thinks Andy Roddick's arms may have had a workout with something other than barbells. A mouse and a Photoshop program perhaps? We (and over 90% of TMZ's readers) would have to agree, although I doubt that routine is an option in their "How to Build Big Arms in 5 Easy Moves" article.

You may have missed...
Andy Roddick Finds His Mojo in 2007 [tr]

Comments

1. Yeah, those are doctored. Photoshop is a wonderful thing.

Posted by: Brian | May 18, 2007 4:43:27 PM

2. Very fake. His whole body looks fake. It's his head pasted onto someone ele's body! Yikes!

Posted by: G-T3K | May 18, 2007 4:48:19 PM

3. He looks pretty darn good on the right. If Men's Fitness wanted to feature him on the cover, they really didn't have to fake it.

Posted by: sam | May 18, 2007 4:57:53 PM

4. Holy crap! What happened to his neck?

Someone should lose his Photoshop license over this.

Posted by: Jake | May 18, 2007 5:01:50 PM

5. Please, guys - keep me hanging for the love of all that is good!

Posted by: Rey | May 18, 2007 5:06:23 PM

6. I was going to e-mail you about this when I saw it on Trent's site earlier - that's got to be one of the work photoshop mag cover cock-ups ever.

Posted by: MP | May 18, 2007 5:23:46 PM

7. Part of it is the way he's standing. If you put your fists under your biceps with your arms crosed, your biceps will always look bigger. I think any self-loving top that never did that in a bar to look better is lying. The one that is suspect is the neck. Although, is possible if he is all puffed up. Nevertheless, it is obvious the photo has been worked on to make him look better.

Posted by: Oscar | May 18, 2007 5:26:19 PM

8. The cover reads

LOSE BIG

with Roddick in the middle. I'm not sure if that's how I would want to appear on a magazine.

Posted by: Tyler | May 18, 2007 5:31:05 PM

9. I get that magazine and almost all of the covers of stars and athletes are photoshopped. Check out Carl Edward's pic a few months ago.

Posted by: Tracell | May 18, 2007 5:51:44 PM

10. They photoshop female models on the cover of fashion mags all the time. Why would anyone be surprised that the same is done for men?

Posted by: kitchenbeard | May 18, 2007 5:56:59 PM

11. Look at the shadowing under the neck and the shadowing above the forearms on his chest. Those are dead giveaways. My ex is a photographer and does this everyday.

Posted by: woodroad34 | May 18, 2007 6:04:52 PM

12. Geez... they could have at least picked a model that had the same body type.

Posted by: Jon | May 18, 2007 6:16:43 PM

13. Those exercise magazines photoshop all the time. Yep, this is fake.

Posted by: phil | May 18, 2007 6:32:35 PM

14. And his shoulders and his pecs and his neck! Good god. Whoever photoshopped that image is a hack.

Posted by: P.S. | May 18, 2007 6:39:40 PM

15. Also, the waist-line/hips are much narrower than his hips in the court-side photo. I guess once the sign the releases, they have little control over the "improvements; just like those Brad Pitt pics that wound-up in Vanity Fair a few months ago.

Posted by: Ted B. (Charging Rhino) | May 18, 2007 7:23:28 PM

16. he's still hot ...

Posted by: alan brickman | May 18, 2007 7:58:17 PM

17. What don't they photoshop these days?

Posted by: anon | May 18, 2007 8:39:07 PM

18. Yeah, his head doesn't even look like it fits on his body. That doesn't diminish the fact that he is amazingly good-looking, though.

Posted by: Aaron | May 18, 2007 8:58:51 PM

19. it looks like my 5 year old niece literrally glue sticked Andy's face on some body builder's body... it's almost humorous how shotty the photoshop job is... the more i look at it, i'm reminded of those carnival booths, where you insert your face in the hole above some ridiculous body that is not you and take a picture to send to your friends as a joke... this is what it looks like to me :)

Posted by: Jeff | May 18, 2007 9:48:26 PM

20. Alan you are correct!!! He is very HOT and Icould give a rat's butt about his arms, I just want to see him nekkid!!!!

Posted by: david in iowa | May 18, 2007 9:50:13 PM

21. What is sad is that it is the typical example of the difference between muscles for the look and being an actual sportsman: andy roddick is definitely a great sportman (one of the best tennisman in the world) but he doesn't have the required big arms to make this kind of magazine cover, hence the "stick his head on a muscle mary body" operation.

Posted by: eustazio | May 18, 2007 10:53:35 PM

22. How do you approve something that looks that bad? Someone needs to be fired.

Posted by: Jordan | May 19, 2007 2:19:47 AM

23. I laughed when I saw the cover.

In his interview in the issue, he even says that being "top heavy" isn't exactly conducive to good tennis.

Posted by: Michael | May 19, 2007 5:17:48 AM

24. In all fairness, the gigantism in Andy's right arm is just a natural flaw in the cloning process. I'm sure the next few clones of him from Sean William Scott's DNA will turn out just fine... *g*

Posted by: Gavin | May 19, 2007 6:38:04 AM

25. I guess he's lucky they didn't use Ann-Margaret's body.

Posted by: ned | May 19, 2007 10:53:34 AM