Enrique Iglesias | London | Music | News | Nightlife

Enrique Iglesias Serenades Male Fan at G-A-Y in London

Enrique Iglesias made a visit to G-A-Y nightclub in London on Saturday night and made one gay fan very happy.

Normally when he performs the track Hero he invites a girl up on stage to serenade her, but given his audience, things were a bit different this time. The crowd went wild as Iglesias asked a young man on stage and unabashedly gave him the treatment.

Comments

1. Oh. My. God. I would have had a stroke, but it would have been worth a few weeks of dysarthria.

Posted by: Brian | Jun 4, 2007 9:20:48 AM

2. OMG. OMG. OMG.

I'm screaming like a teenage girl.

And creaming in my pants.

OMG. OMG. OMG.

Posted by: SmartAss | Jun 4, 2007 9:25:40 AM

3. OMG! OMFG! Holy Shit! I would have died if that was me. Enrique is VERY HOT!

Posted by: dons888 | Jun 4, 2007 9:37:35 AM

4. Thats what you get when you mix confidence, masculinity and consideration. (And good business sense.)

Posted by: Crixi Van Cheek | Jun 4, 2007 9:38:11 AM

5. DAMN---Now that's one way to celebrate GAY PRIDE. We're used to our Divas calling us up stage and we "swoon" but this .... in a class by itself.

Posted by: MCnNYC | Jun 4, 2007 10:05:21 AM

6. I was there on Saturday night, and may it be noted for the record what a fantastically good sport Enrique was.

Obviously straight as a die, but clearly a pro at working the gay crowds. This was not the first time he has done this kind of show. He walked down the narrow gangplank into the crowd and there were men with their hands literally squeezing his crotch and backside to the extent that at one point he had to cup the Iglesias cojones for dear life.

Good on him!

Posted by: TRICKY | Jun 4, 2007 10:09:29 AM

7. Wow, that was really sweet. He's a terrific performer.

Posted by: SGR | Jun 4, 2007 10:12:03 AM

8. Me, I'm thinking Enrique is the 'Hero' - there aren't too many male performers who would do this kind of thing. He gets all kinds of gold stars in my book.

Posted by: TRICKY | Jun 4, 2007 10:16:34 AM

9. Wow. Just wow.

Posted by: AMS | Jun 4, 2007 10:32:13 AM

10. KUDOS!

Posted by: vince | Jun 4, 2007 10:39:00 AM

11. Is there a more effective way of diverting attention from his mediocre vocals? I think not!

Posted by: simon | Jun 4, 2007 11:02:03 AM

12. That rocked! :D

Posted by: Allen | Jun 4, 2007 11:32:09 AM

13. ironically becoming one of my "heroes" with that performance.

Posted by: Dan B | Jun 4, 2007 11:33:11 AM

14. That was nice. I hope the kid got a backstage pass.

Posted by: anon (gmail.com) | Jun 4, 2007 1:23:10 PM

15. That was pretty amazing - good for him/us but does this mean I have to buy an Enrique Iglesias album?

Posted by: Giovanni | Jun 4, 2007 2:00:24 PM

16. I couldn't wipe the silly grin off my face while watching that. But I was almost scared to read the comments here as there were sure to be one or two who denounced this as "hetero worship."

But c'mon.... how could you not love that clip?

Here's a singer who doesn't have to go to these lengths to make his audience swoon. All he had to do was take off his shirt. But Enrique took it one step further and bonded and flirted with his audience.

That shows he RESPECTS his audience and yes, it's damn good business sense too. The two aren't exclusive.

When we have celebrities like Mark Wahlberg who wouldn't even WATCH BBM because he was too squeamish, it's reassuring to have celebrities like Iglesias who are actually confident and secure about their masculinity.

Posted by: mark m | Jun 4, 2007 5:55:31 PM

17. That was awesome. Very thoughtful. I was actually moved by it.

Posted by: Aman About Town | Jun 4, 2007 6:21:01 PM

18. Adorable.

Posted by: Jordan | Jun 4, 2007 6:32:31 PM

19. Adding on to Mark M above:
    I didn't just have a silly grin on my face watching this; I had actual tears in my eyes. Not because I give a rat's behind about Enrique (cute, no doubt, but w/e), but because seeing an entertainer from a traditionally conservative and gay-unfriendly culture not just sing a song at a gay club, but transfer the emotion and direction of the song to a guy made my day. Love songs are about the emotion(s), not specific gender pairs, and to see a mainstream singer recognize this and make it work for his audience, including being able to actually touch the guy and not be threatened, made me a bit teary. Cheers.

Posted by: torrentprime | Jun 4, 2007 7:12:21 PM

20. That is one classy dude!! Love you Enrique!!!

Posted by: MIKE | Jun 4, 2007 8:08:41 PM

21. ditto to everything everyone has said

that was really great =)

Posted by: Gabriel | Jun 4, 2007 9:35:23 PM

22. Absolutely awesome. When a man is sure of his sexuality, he can do what Enrique Iglesias did. Actors do it between themselves (Matt Damon, Brad Pitt and the gang), but they are to afraid to do it with strangers for fear of "the what would others will think". They are so full of s**t. They are really cardboard people, not real at all, regardless of their money and position. Drug-dealer Mark Wahlberg couldn't watch BBM because he is to much for him, but he can sell drugs, and is OK. He's so full of s**t. Jake or Heath are by far much better and versatile actors than Mark or any of his brothers or all put together.

Posted by: Oscar | Jun 4, 2007 10:16:07 PM

23. Absolutely awesome. When a man is sure of his sexuality, he can do what Enrique Iglesias did. Actors do it between themselves (Matt Damon, Brad Pitt and the gang), but they are to afraid to do it with strangers for fear of "the what would others will think". They are so full of s**t. They are really cardboard people, not real at all, regardless of their money and position. Drug-dealer Mark Wahlberg couldn't watch BBM because he is to much for him, but he can sell drugs, and is OK. He's so full of s**t. Jake or Heath are by far much better and versatile actors than Mark or any of his brothers or all put together.

Posted by: Oscar | Jun 4, 2007 10:18:12 PM

24. What a mensch! I think Iglesias deserves a lot of respect for his obvious ease with himself and others. THAT's what real masculinity is all about.

Posted by: greg clark | Jun 4, 2007 10:30:39 PM

25. What a mensch! I think Iglesias deserves a lot of respect for his obvious ease with himself and others. THAT's what real masculinity is all about.

Posted by: greg clark | Jun 4, 2007 10:31:24 PM