Enrique Iglesias Serenades Male Fan at G-A-Y in London

Enrique Iglesias made a visit to G-A-Y nightclub in London on Saturday night and made one gay fan very happy.

Normally when he performs the track Hero he invites a girl up on stage to serenade her, but given his audience, things were a bit different this time. The crowd went wild as Iglesias asked a young man on stage and unabashedly gave him the treatment.

Comments

1. MCnNYC says

DAMN—Now that’s one way to celebrate GAY PRIDE. We’re used to our Divas calling us up stage and we “swoon” but this …. in a class by itself.

2. says

I was there on Saturday night, and may it be noted for the record what a fantastically good sport Enrique was.

Obviously straight as a die, but clearly a pro at working the gay crowds. This was not the first time he has done this kind of show. He walked down the narrow gangplank into the crowd and there were men with their hands literally squeezing his crotch and backside to the extent that at one point he had to cup the Iglesias cojones for dear life.

Good on him!

3. mark m says

I couldn’t wipe the silly grin off my face while watching that. But I was almost scared to read the comments here as there were sure to be one or two who denounced this as “hetero worship.”

But c’mon…. how could you not love that clip?

Here’s a singer who doesn’t have to go to these lengths to make his audience swoon. All he had to do was take off his shirt. But Enrique took it one step further and bonded and flirted with his audience.

That shows he RESPECTS his audience and yes, it’s damn good business sense too. The two aren’t exclusive.

When we have celebrities like Mark Wahlberg who wouldn’t even WATCH BBM because he was too squeamish, it’s reassuring to have celebrities like Iglesias who are actually confident and secure about their masculinity.

4. torrentprime says

Adding on to Mark M above:
    I didn’t just have a silly grin on my face watching this; I had actual tears in my eyes. Not because I give a rat’s behind about Enrique (cute, no doubt, but w/e), but because seeing an entertainer from a traditionally conservative and gay-unfriendly culture not just sing a song at a gay club, but transfer the emotion and direction of the song to a guy made my day. Love songs are about the emotion(s), not specific gender pairs, and to see a mainstream singer recognize this and make it work for his audience, including being able to actually touch the guy and not be threatened, made me a bit teary. Cheers.

5. Oscar says

Absolutely awesome. When a man is sure of his sexuality, he can do what Enrique Iglesias did. Actors do it between themselves (Matt Damon, Brad Pitt and the gang), but they are to afraid to do it with strangers for fear of “the what would others will think”. They are so full of s**t. They are really cardboard people, not real at all, regardless of their money and position. Drug-dealer Mark Wahlberg couldn’t watch BBM because he is to much for him, but he can sell drugs, and is OK. He’s so full of s**t. Jake or Heath are by far much better and versatile actors than Mark or any of his brothers or all put together.

6. Oscar says

7. greg clark says

What a mensch! I think Iglesias deserves a lot of respect for his obvious ease with himself and others. THAT’s what real masculinity is all about.

8. greg clark says

9. RICHARD S says

WHAT A LUCKY FUCKER,I WOULD HAVE BEEN IN SEVENTH HEAVEN IF HE SANG TO ME.HE IS SO ABSOLUTELY HOT AND AS YOU HAVE ALL SAID A TRUE STAR!!!!!!

10. paul cabral jr. says

fucking cool. and, of course, fucking G.A.Y. again gets the best acts and music stars in the damn world to perform! i am so god damn jealous!

11. Anon says

Like Torrentprime I was very touched by the video. My reaction has much to do with living in a place where civil unions are now possible but it is still rare to see guys holding hands in the street. What resonated with me was seeing the emotions in the song applied to a guy, when this performance and most of our culture is invariably shown in a straight context. I don’t care that Enrique is marketing or playing to an audience, but examples like this, although trivial in themselves, serve to validate a lifestyle which is still far from mainstream outside a few pockets of a few large cities.

12. clay says

looking at the clip one can only say this we have arrived in a world of mistrust the song brings a joy , a freedom to the onlooker as the young man is seduced by the power of a mighty suoperstar , more power to all gay people .

13. cyn says

In reference to Simon’s comment all I have to say is you are an asssssss. And about Enrique I’ve been his fan since the first time I saw him on TV 12 years ago and he just keeps on amazing me. That dude is incredible.