Jake Gyllenhaal | Music | New York | News | Rufus Wainwright

Jake Gyllenhaal Joins Rufus Wainwright in Surprise NYC Appearance

Rufus_jake

Rufus Wainwright has been hosting special guests at his concerts during performances of the track "Between My Legs" from his new album Release the Stars. At Friday night's show at Gramercy Hall, folks were shocked when Jake Gyllenhaal appeared from behind the curtain.

Jake_rufus_2

Jake took on a spoken word portion of the song that comes near the end. There are rumors that Gyllenhaal is looking for a proper theater gig in NYC. So this may have just been a warm-up.

Jake_rufus_3

"Between My Legs" — Rufus Wainwright

Rufus Wainwright - Release the Stars - Between My Legs

(image source, source)

Comments

1. Jake never ceases to amaze me at his level of absolute coolness.

Posted by: Rad | Jun 11, 2007 9:06:35 AM

2. Awwww!! Jake looks like he is having fun with it! And I think he likes it when audiences scream for him. I know Rufus' SO was there, but it looks like Rufus is crushing on Jakey! How could he not! Everybody crushes on Jakey. Adorable.

Posted by: billiebigelow | Jun 11, 2007 9:24:37 AM

3. What next? Jakery plays air guitar w Rob Halford?

Posted by: zabadak | Jun 11, 2007 9:41:39 AM

4. Not everybody BillieB.

Posted by: soulbrotha | Jun 11, 2007 9:46:56 AM

5. They are blaming Globe Warming on green house gases, I thinks its Jake smile that is warning the world……….I know it heats me up!

Posted by: Blake | Jun 11, 2007 10:24:14 AM

6. Everyone is asking whether these gestures are like breadcrumbs.

Posted by: anon (gmail.com) | Jun 11, 2007 10:52:21 AM

7. Who is everyone Anon(GMAIL.COM)? As Andy says in his post, Rufus has been hosting special guests for this song at his concerts. Nothing to see, move along.

Posted by: Sheba baby | Jun 11, 2007 11:04:52 AM

8. ANON, I would say so.

Posted by: secretagentman | Jun 11, 2007 11:10:04 AM

9. Jake has been a fan and friend of Rufus for years. Rufus has been to Jake's movie premieres in NYC and he and his sister have been to concerts. I don't consider this breadcrumbs. Amazing how people can make an agenda out if this. I guess you could say the same of Joseph Gorden Levitt who also went onstage with Rufus as giving bread crumbs too. Give me a break.

Love seeing Jake and Rufus together. Seemed they were having a great time and I am a fan of both. Wish I could have been there.

Posted by: TS | Jun 11, 2007 11:18:27 AM

10. RW is racking up an impressive list of guests for this song! Am sure some fan will keep tally on his boards...

Posted by: xolondon | Jun 11, 2007 11:41:45 AM

11. I was fortunate enough to have been in the audience on Friday night and Jake's appearance only added to an amazing show put on by Rufus and his band. If you were there you would have seen there was no "agenda" or "breadcrumbs"...just two really cool and talented people sharing the stage and feeding off each other creatively.
    Btw - after the appearance, Jake seems even hotter to me, as if that were even possible.

Posted by: Joey | Jun 11, 2007 11:45:28 AM

12. Geezus, get over the fact that Jake isn't gay already. How tiresome.

Posted by: chriso | Jun 11, 2007 9:07:56 PM

13. Well, if you go to ONTD everyone is suggesting the breadcrumb idea, but I should point out that even here people know what I mean by breadcrumbs, and how would they know that?

Posted by: anon (gmail.com) | Jun 11, 2007 9:13:08 PM

14. This is wonderful - Jake and Rufus would be a really hot couple - I would love to see them together.

Posted by: Bailey | Jun 11, 2007 9:43:20 PM

15. ANON (GMAIL.com) Well then why don't you continue to discuss your breadcrumb theories over on ONTD with those silly fangirls. And you don't have to be a rocket to figure out what you mean by breadcrumbs.

Posted by: Sheba Baby | Jun 12, 2007 10:00:24 AM

16. I think it's awesome, and I agree with Rad in the first post-- Jake just cannot get any cooler. Jake, you rock the fuck on.

Posted by: devilgirl | Jun 12, 2007 5:39:35 PM

17. I'd rather see Roo with Heath Ledger. Much better actor than Jake and way sexier.

Posted by: Matt | Jun 17, 2007 9:06:21 PM

18. Why is SHEBA BABY posting multiple times and monopolizing the discussion in what sounds like utter panic at the notion of breadcrumbs. We GET it, you think Jake is straight. Now you can go and annoy the posters at the Datalounge and ONTD in your even more abusive and nasty aliases.

For someone who is terrifed Jake might be gay you sure spend every waking moment of your time hovering around gay sites.

Posted by: Oh Mary | Jun 18, 2007 4:34:58 PM

19. Matt, Rufus loves Jake. Thinks he is great (as an actor and as a sexy, beautiful man) and so do I.

Posted by: TS | Jun 18, 2007 7:09:44 PM

20. Wish I could have been there! Jake and Rufus together on one stage...would kill me dead, cause I ain't no spring chicken: so, I'll just sit and enjoy the view:)

Posted by: sass | Jul 13, 2007 5:15:20 PM