Mark Wahlberg | News | Theatre

BigGayDeal.com

Mark Wahlberg Smuggles His Guns Through Airport Security

Markwahlberg1

And those are some big guns.

Speaking of big guns, the latest word from Broadway is that Wahlberg is being tipped to play the William Holden character in a revival of Stalag 17 on Broadway, directed by Spike Lee. Clive Owen is reportedly on board as well. Donald Bevan told the NY Post he'd like to rewrite the World War II dramedy for Lee's revival: "There are six scenes, and they’re all set in the barracks. I’d like to have two scenes in the camp theater. I certainly have plenty of material. I’ve talked to Mr. Lee about it, and he agrees. So we’ll be working together on it."

Markwahlberg2 Markwahlberg3

(Photos via Just Jared, where you can find more of them)

You may have missed...
Mark Wahlberg: Old Habits Die Hard [tr]
Mark Wahlberg Not Ready to do "The Thing" [tr]
Mark Wahlberg: "Acceptance is the Key" [tr]

Comments

1. He could crush a man with those arms... but only if you're really lucky.

God... isn't he just the hottest thing ever? The man is sexy with or without clothes (naturally, I prefer the latter...)

Posted by: Chris | Jun 27, 2007 11:35:41 AM

2. nah... those arms look disproportionately large to me. unnatural-looking.

Posted by: tim | Jun 27, 2007 11:48:53 AM

3. Marky Mark is as big a homophobe as they come. You should not give him any coverage on your site!

Posted by: rap twip | Jun 27, 2007 12:01:31 PM

4. Rap Twip took the words right outta my mouth!

Posted by: soulbrotha | Jun 27, 2007 12:02:32 PM

5. Contrary to reports, he's actually not. He has a gay uncle whom he has spoken out about, urgin tolerance toward gay people.

Posted by: doug | Jun 27, 2007 12:04:24 PM

6. Phobic or not, those are some big ol' arms. Nice.

Posted by: Brian | Jun 27, 2007 12:10:54 PM

7. He may not be a homophobe but he has masculinity issues because he can't watch Brokeback Mountain. And before anyone says that it's normal for straight guys to avoid gay themes, I have watched lesbian films with no problem... so it comes down to your own comfort level with human sexuality.

Still, he has a hot body.

And Tim, I guess you'd find me quite unnatural looking too. Somehow I'll find a way to live with that. :)

Posted by: mark m | Jun 27, 2007 12:16:56 PM

8. Mark M, pics or I.P. ban!

Posted by: Jason | Jun 27, 2007 12:23:59 PM

9. considering how short he is, those "guns" of his are really not that big. oh, and that "golfer's tan" is tres chic, btw. all he needs now to be whorelywood "cool" are a pair of armpit sweat stains.

Posted by: sean | Jun 27, 2007 12:35:27 PM

10. He may speak out and support his uncle but if youre gay in Hollywood, dont think you will work for his company or have anything to do with Entourage. A very two faced man.

Posted by: kurt | Jun 27, 2007 12:39:38 PM

11. Folks, folks let's all keep in mind he's 5'7".

Posted by: JLS | Jun 27, 2007 12:52:18 PM

12. JLS...height doesn't really matter when you're sideways ;)

Posted by: basis4insanity | Jun 27, 2007 12:56:25 PM

13. Every now and then someone tells me I resemble Mark Wahlberg. It's a compliment I *never* get tired of hearing.

Posted by: peterparker | Jun 27, 2007 1:04:41 PM

14. Kurt, where do you get your information? I work in production for HBO and Entourage, and I'm gay and out. And hello, Jeremy Piven is the star of the show! Now go ahead and argue that he's not gay...There are also several gay characters on the show. I haven't worked closely with Mark, but there are plenty of gay people around him, and on the set, and he doesn't appear to have a problem with it at all.

Posted by: Wayne | Jun 27, 2007 1:04:53 PM

15. He's 5'7"? I love short guys! Short guys with tight bodies are the best! Just don't tell my boyfriend. He's sensitive about his height.

Posted by: sam | Jun 27, 2007 1:41:54 PM

16. He can't be that homophobic, him and George Clooney were pretty inseperable for awhile there.
    I think he is smokin hot.

Posted by: secretagentman | Jun 27, 2007 2:01:32 PM

17. funny thing, i just had a discussion with a gay friend of mine who criticized me for not wanting to watch lesbian movies...I told him i had absolutely no interest in watching a lesbian movie and that nothing about it appealed to me.....so I understand a straight guy having no interest in watching Brokeback. I have lesbian friends and fully support lesbian right as I would any gay man, but I have zero interest in watching a lesbian themed movie (themed meaning lesbianism is the central issue). does that make me lesbian-phobic? not.

Posted by: marty | Jun 27, 2007 3:19:55 PM

18. Honestly, I'm a gay man and I've never seen Brokeback. I mad a conscience decision that I have no desire to watch two closeted men in love. Sorry if that bugs you, but I don't want to be reminded of my closet.

Posted by: Martytoo | Jun 27, 2007 3:36:07 PM

19. sorry, that's 'made'.

Posted by: Martytoo | Jun 27, 2007 3:36:59 PM

20. Oh, gosh... he is really, really hot. *swoon*

Posted by: Jordan | Jun 27, 2007 4:08:53 PM

21. Marty, the difference in your example and what Wahlberg said is that you don't watch lesbian films out of disinterest. Wahlberg said specifically that he couldn't handle even reading the sex scenes in the script, much less watch the film. That's not disinterest. That's having issues.

When a straight man like Enrique Iglesias sings a love song to gay fan without any discomfort or unease whatsoever it is freakin' SEXY as hell. When a straight man squirms and wriths over the idea of two men together it's insecurity and not sexy.

Look Im as shallow as the next red-blooded male. Mark W is hot and I'd do him... I'm just saying he has issues with homosexuality that doesn't exactly make him as cool as a cat as he thinks he is.

Posted by: mark m | Jun 27, 2007 4:10:09 PM

22. Oh, Jason...I'll show and tell if Peterparker agrees to show us how much he looks like Mark Wahlberg ;)

Posted by: mark m | Jun 27, 2007 4:14:10 PM

23. Mark M...mind you, *I* don't see any resemblance between me and Mark Wahlberg...and I think it's a total stretch...and I'm told that only occasionally (like once or twice a year) but I still never tire of hearing it.

Posted by: peterparker | Jun 27, 2007 7:02:39 PM

24. Spidey... i fall for you abit more everyday !!

Posted by: A.J. | Jun 27, 2007 7:25:36 PM

25. I can relate. I used to get Val Kilmer a lot... which I take as a compliment but ironically I'm not attracted to Val Kilmer so it was like....

....oh...ok. I'd much rather get George Clooney but I'll take Val.

Posted by: mark m | Jun 27, 2007 7:57:33 PM