Mika | Music | News

Mika Pens Song for John Travolta

Or Edna Turnblad, anyway...

Mika has just released his third single, entitled "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)".

When entertainment site Me-Me-Me asked Mika if he preferred big girls, the coy singer replied, "Well, my mum’s big. And my auntie."

Comments

1. I am so sick of Mika and his "Am I gay? Am I not gay? Tee hee hee." act.

Hey Mika, grow a pair already.

Posted by: Ugh | Jun 20, 2007 10:44:52 AM

2. I don't get Mika. As a general fan of gay musicians and gay-oriented music...I must say Mika's music is so ultra-gay and I really can't stomach it.

Posted by: Sean | Jun 20, 2007 10:48:28 AM

3. Yawn... next!

Posted by: RP | Jun 20, 2007 11:21:35 AM

4. what an insipid vacuous waste of music... so very glad that twit isn't gay afterall.

Posted by: A.J. | Jun 20, 2007 11:39:07 AM

5. I like the music, but Mika should get over keepin one foot in the closet. He'll be a hit everywhere but the US. His music is just not airplay friendly over here. Look at Jake Shears of the Scissor Sisters. Gay and still getting number ones all over the world.

Posted by: AN | Jun 20, 2007 11:56:50 AM

6. Mika rocks! Saw him perform last weekend and he really put out, to his fans that is. Give the guy some time to come out or whatever. What is the rush this early in his career? He is still trying to figure out his fan base which at the moment is 15 year old girls and gay guys! Give the guy a break and a little bit of time. It's his first album and he is only 23. For the moment, I'll just have a great time with his music and enjoy the fluff.

Posted by: R.C. | Jun 20, 2007 12:12:42 PM

7. What a bore.

Posted by: Jim | Jun 20, 2007 2:53:00 PM

8. For such a fun song, this video is tragic. Where's John Cameron Mitchell when you need him?

Posted by: Gregg | Jun 20, 2007 3:15:11 PM

9. I love MIKA. His album is on my iPod all the time - he makes really good road music or "cheer you up" music. I agree with Gregg though that the video is horrible.

Posted by: Bil Browning | Jun 20, 2007 5:53:39 PM

10. This video plays like a bad Mentos commercial.

Posted by: Aman-About-Town | Jun 20, 2007 6:37:36 PM

11. Well, I think that many folks are being a bit too critical here--In reference to AN, I'd like to tell everyone that I believe the saying for any new talent such as this goes--"First the gays, then the girls, then the industry"

I happen to like the fluff--who cares who he wants to screw?

Posted by: Sandra Moldanado | Jun 20, 2007 9:53:12 PM

12. OMG...PLEASE, Andy, stop it already with Mika...he's boring...he doesn't have an ounce of talent and his music couldn't be any more insipid.

Posted by: peterparker | Jun 20, 2007 10:17:24 PM

13. I love Mika. I think all of you are being way too harsh. Next time you listen to a new song just close your eyes and forget about who is singing it or if they are gay or not. Iam straight and could care less if the people I listen to are gay or not. If the song makes you want to move, or cry or whatever that is all that matters. Mika you rock and the rest of you need some help.

Posted by: Christie | Jun 21, 2007 12:33:47 AM

14. I was so much more into Mika when he was all ambiguous and underground. Now that I know more, I wish I knew less. Does he want to be gay? I'm gay. He's a tourist. There's just no meat, you know?

Posted by: ejg2 | Jun 21, 2007 1:07:30 AM

15. What is wrong with you people!? His music is fun! Who cares if he hasn't decided to come out of the closet. What are your noses doing in there anyway? He's 23, I didn't come out until 20, it is not unreasonable to assume that he will come to a decision at somepoint in the not too distant future. If he doesnt, well then who cares? Look at Morrissey, lord only knows what he's really into and he's still puttin out and touring. Give Mika a break and enjoy the music for what it is. FUN! There's a lot a crap going on in the world, Mika gives us a break from it all. Try to enjoy yourselves without getting wrapped up in his personal life.

Posted by: &y | Jun 21, 2007 8:22:36 AM

16. You Mika supporters are right about one thing: It really shouldn't matter whether he's gay or not...

...not when his greatest problem is that he's a flash in the pan.

Posted by: mark m | Jun 21, 2007 10:31:36 AM

17. I have a review of Mika's recent show in Chicago on my site (along with some pics and video clips!):

Mika delievered a good time complete with "big girl" dancers, shirtless drumming, and confetti cannons. I think everyone there had a goood time.

Posted by: Hypeful | Jun 21, 2007 2:43:26 PM