Barbara Walters | News | Rosie O'Donnell

BigGayDeal.com

Rosie Gone, Barbara Walters Now Free to Discuss Heterosexual Sex

Barbara_rosie

Barbara Walters talked to Ryan Seacrest on his KISS-FM radio show "On-Air with Ryan Seacrest" Wednesday, about how things had changed at The View since Rosie O'Donnell's departure:

"The Hot Topics have been fun. There are some things that we were able to discuss that we weren't able to discuss with Rosie, like heterosexual sex. Because, you know, Rosie's lifestyle is different, being an open lesbian...We are perhaps not quite as political [or] vocal about [things], but the Hot Topics have been very fun, and the ratings are up, so we're quite happy. Obviously, the audience is very loyal."

Rosie's response: "She is almost 80."

Comments

1. Rosie's response is awesome.

I don't know what's more screwed up - that Babwa said something so ignorant and borderline homophobic or that she felt comfortable discussing the subject of heterosexual sex with Seacrest.

Posted by: Rey | Jun 15, 2007 10:19:10 AM

2. Ryan Seacrest responded, "Heterosexual sex... like what? I'm not familiar with that."

Posted by: chrisb | Jun 15, 2007 10:22:36 AM

3. I love Rosie. What a Great response!! I can totally hear her saying that!!

Posted by: virgoboy | Jun 15, 2007 10:30:49 AM

4. Barbara Walters is a scabby old octopus. Rosie rocks. "The ratings are up" my ass.

Posted by: stony_curtis | Jun 15, 2007 10:37:26 AM

5. Wtf is BabaWaWa on? What does Rosie being a lesbian have anything to do with them being able to talk about heterosexual sex? That doesn't make any fucking sense at all.

Posted by: Tear | Jun 15, 2007 10:39:30 AM

6. I'm not surprised by Barbara Walters' comments. Remember, she used the word "colored" to describe African-Americans (in front of comedian Mo'Nique who was filling in a guest spot) and touched Brandy' hair asking if it was "real" and how "colored women do their hair". Walter's not the shinning example of "educated".

As for "The Views" ratings, I find it extremely hard to believe that the ratings have gone up since Rosie's departure as "The View" had some of the highest ratings ever when Rosie was on the air.

I smell a feud in the brewing...

Posted by: Cory | Jun 15, 2007 10:45:00 AM

7. Y'all need to have patience with old people...won't be long before the sweet chariot be comin' for to carry Babwa home. Yes, even though Heaven is restricted to Christians, we have outer areas reserved for others.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jun 15, 2007 10:47:43 AM

8. WaWa Loses her MIND!!

First off the View discussed heterosex HELL even Rosie discussed her heteroSex and her relationship.

Come as if anyone can STOP hetero's from talking about their sex and their families
    Anyone who watched KNOWS that R does not like talking about sex...she talked about her family and her WIFE.

But IF she had to balance the talk well three against one GOOD FOR HER and all of us if she had to put some weight to our side.

Posted by: MCnNYC | Jun 15, 2007 10:48:37 AM

9. Barbara Walters and sex (of any kind).

I need to wash that mental image out of my head.

Posted by: mark m | Jun 15, 2007 10:51:59 AM

10. I made the mistake of going to the bathroom during my CBS shift. What a sad sad scene. Grandma Barbara holding on to a failing show. Ratings are up? Where? Show me. Maybe a 'bump' to see the pussy fight when Rosie left, but that is it. Barbara-go home. The blonde cunt rules now-and NOBODY like her.

Posted by: Otto | Jun 15, 2007 10:55:11 AM

11. I'm watching "The View" right now, and I wonder looking at Barbara if she is still alive. She's all skin and bones. Maybe it's like the movie "Weekend at Bernies", and she's actually dead but ABC is keeping her going for the show and someone's pulling the strings. Hmmmm...

Posted by: Cory | Jun 15, 2007 11:11:07 AM

12. What kind of sex did she talk about with Roy Cohn?

Posted by: Paul | Jun 15, 2007 11:14:13 AM

13. Yeah CORY, I was thinking the same thing when "colored women" Barbara spoke of Rosie's "lifestyle".

Newsflash Barbara, it's 2007!!!

Of course this is the same Babawa that once "dated" Roy Cohn and was going to marry him. Need I say more?

For you younger whipper snappers, if you don't know who Roy Cohn was, Google him. I would tell you to research him at the Log Cabin Republican site but ironically they don't mention this illustrious gay Republican there. I have no doubt that he's a hero at GayPatriot.

Posted by: Zeke | Jun 15, 2007 11:20:01 AM

14. Paul, you beat me to it while I was typing.

Posted by: Zeke | Jun 15, 2007 11:21:08 AM

15. Roy Cohn! Really? I didn't know that. I wonder if she used a strap-on when she was with him.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jun 15, 2007 11:38:36 AM

16. Roy Cohn rofl, I forgot about that. How sad, a closeted life ending in AIDS shrouded secrecy, a little Rock Hudson in some ways. Maybe Babawa has a little unconscious loathing of homosexuals ever since (wearing a strap on can do that to you lol).

I had to change the channel away from "The View", my I.Q. was dropping faster than the gas prices were rising. What a difference since Rosie's departure, all they have spoken about this morning is breast size, "Spanx", being blond and Hollywood diets. So vapid... so sad...

Posted by: Cory | Jun 15, 2007 11:41:39 AM

17. OMG Derrick, SO FUNNY. I JUST wrote that LOL.

Posted by: Cory | Jun 15, 2007 11:42:13 AM

18. as much as walters is quite the fossil, rosie's crude " almost 80" reeks of ageism.
    i wish she'd keep her "pie" hole shut for just five minutes.

Posted by: A.J. | Jun 15, 2007 11:55:53 AM

19. 80 is no excuse, or, at least, not the explanation in this case. When she was around 50, was interviewing someone who had worked with the then world-renown Nobel Peace Prize winner, African missionary, Bach musician, Dr. Albert Schweitzer [Google him LOL], and, at one point, asked, "And, tell us, how is Dr. Schweitzer?" Her guest looked very confused and embarrassed for several seconds, then said, "Well, of course, Dr. Schweitzer is dead."

In terms of supporting civil liberties, I don't think she's quite as homophobic as she sounds, but, Good God, the ignorance!

Posted by: Leland | Jun 15, 2007 12:08:45 PM

20. A.J., isn't it a bit hypocritical to scold Rosie for ageism in the same sentence you describe Barbara Walters as "quite the fossil"?

Posted by: RJ | Jun 15, 2007 12:14:16 PM

21. AJ I guess being "almost 80" is a lifestyle choice and if you read ageism in her comment I just see her saying the truth.

It would account for her memory lapses, senility, constant living in the past and loss of facts (ratings my ass).

And CORy you might be onto something...do you think Barbra Walters has asked her daughter if it is a matter of "lifestyle"?

Posted by: MCnNYC | Jun 15, 2007 12:14:17 PM

22. RJ, you're right... i guess the diff is that Rosie positions herself as such the correct, and i'm neither public nor correct.
    i suppose i'm just exhausted on rosie's shrill mouth and was too anxious to just jump down her throat.

Posted by: A.J. | Jun 15, 2007 12:21:12 PM

23. I hate that Rosie left the View. The only thing worse about not having Rosie there, is that now Barbara is there EVERY DAY. I don't understand how she has been a successful journalist for so long. She can barely structure a sentence without losing track of what she is saying.

Posted by: kitkats99 | Jun 15, 2007 12:24:22 PM

24. What is the appeal of this show?

Posted by: anon (gmail.com) | Jun 15, 2007 12:51:16 PM

25. Where did Rosie's quote come from? What source? I find it hard to believe that Rosie would disrespect BW like that, even with what happened on the View. I think BW has been a bit shady towards Rosie on the show lately.
    So, I'll take Rosie's "quote" with a grain of salt, till I see something from Rosie herself.

Posted by: ChrisDC | Jun 15, 2007 12:59:08 PM