Clay Aiken | News

Trouble in Claynation: Battle Over Aiken's Sexuality

According to Page Six, the natives of Claynation have become restless, locked in a battle "between the batty members that are still clinging to their heterosexual fantasies of him and others that don't harbor such illusions."

ClayaikenThe unrest has shut down the message board at Clayonline.com, says the paper:

"Due to reports of extensive unrest and disrespect amongst members that has been carrying on for several weeks, the Official Fan Club Message Board will be shut down until further notice. Please note that should tensions continue on other areas of the fan club, severe consequences may occur."

What is really needed here is a Goodwill Ambassador. Oh, wait...

You may have missed...
Clay Aiken on Mission to Afghanistan [tr]
Clay Aiken and Kelly Ripa: Talk to the Hand [tr]
Homophobia on Morning TV: Rosie vs. Kelly vs. Clay [tr]
Clay on Gay: People Will Believe What They Want [tr]

Comments

1. They don't call it The Lost Cause for nothin'...

Posted by: anon (gmail.com) | Jun 11, 2007 1:36:48 PM

2. Please, are you kidding me with this? Why would anyone fight over him? Are these people insane? I love how Rosie and Kelly got into it over his homosessssuality and he does nothing. Now his fans are going apewild over it and he does nothing. He's nothing to look at, and very over-rated. What is all the fuss over him? He's not gay, so drop it. He's no role model for our youth or our community, he's just another singer, that's it, and we should stop talking about him.

Posted by: juliana | Jun 11, 2007 1:39:27 PM

3. the only thing open to debate would be beard versus clean-shaven.

Posted by: A.J. | Jun 11, 2007 2:18:49 PM

4. love the pashmina, girl.

Posted by: sam | Jun 11, 2007 3:34:46 PM

5. He's not gay? WTF, ANON you need to get out more. Besides the fact that anyone who is not Helen Keller can see he is gay, he has been caught hooking up with/ chatting with men on gay personals sites many times.

Posted by: Andy | Jun 11, 2007 8:51:08 PM

6. Andy: I guess I didn't make myself clear enough. His notorious fangirls that defend his "honor" are fighting the lost cause. Please forgive me for not spelling it out.

Posted by: anon (gmail.com) | Jun 11, 2007 9:16:17 PM

7. You know what, Andy? Anyone can be ANYONE on the 'net. There is no "proof" that Aiken was the one using a chatroom. But it makes for a good read and 'bloid writeup. You really can.not.tell by looking. No. Really. And no, I'm not a defender, not a "Claymate", not a zealot. I just think that this young man has taken more shit than he should. Anyone can be hounded, falsely presented, whatever, from behind a screen or whatnot. It seems like a bit of pettiness on an otherwise well informed blog. A blog I enjoy reading. But insisting someone is something other than what they self-identify as, which, by the way, affects no one but themselves, really, benefits who exactly? The man doesn't make public policy, hasn't degraded the gay community at any time, that I have been able to find, in any statements..so I fail to see why the hell it matters to anyone but him. Weird.

Will continue to read your blog because it's hella good, up to date on many things, and I enjoy it.

Keep it going. Props.

Posted by: mark | Jun 12, 2007 2:03:21 AM

8. You know what, Andy? Anyone can be ANYONE on the 'net. There is no "proof" that Aiken was the one using a chatroom. But it makes for a good read and 'bloid writeup. You really can.not.tell by looking. No. Really. And no, I'm not a defender, not a "Claymate", not a zealot. I just think that this young man has taken more shit than he should. Anyone can be hounded, falsely presented, whatever, from behind a screen or whatnot. It seems like a bit of pettiness on an otherwise well informed blog. A blog I enjoy reading. But insisting someone is something other than what they self-identify as, which, by the way, affects no one but themselves, really, benefits who exactly? The man doesn't make public policy, hasn't degraded the gay community at any time, that I have been able to find, in any statements..so I fail to see why the hell it matters to anyone but him. Weird.

Keep it going. Props.