News | Nick Starcevic | Reality TV

Big Brother 8: Nick Showers

Just a bit of voyeuristic sudsiness from the live feeds. Enjoy.

You may have missed...
Flaming: Big Brother 8 Nick's Hair Removal Techniques [tr]
Big Brother 8 Gaywatch: Nick the Trick? [tr]
Big Brother 8's Nick Starcevic Plays the Gay Angle [tr]

Comments

1. Call me an old fuddy-duddy, but I'm not seeing what the big deal is with this guy.

Posted by: Jerry | Jul 30, 2007 5:38:10 PM

2. Was he just singing a Mika song there?

Posted by: Gabriel | Jul 30, 2007 5:47:40 PM

3. That was the lamest thing I've ever seen. The Brits and the Aussies actually shower and SHOW!! This guy hangs a towel over the door, showers in a bathing suit (I'll bet it smells pretty RIPE down there if they never get to wash their bits...) and it's supposed to be a big deal?!?

Sure he's cute, but still... I'm sorry his penis is so small he has to take all these precautions against anyone else finding out.

Posted by: MikeinSanJose | Jul 30, 2007 5:48:13 PM

4. He's singing Mika! He's soooo gay!

Posted by: Crudo | Jul 30, 2007 5:48:36 PM

5. I dont get the Nick obsession either. His supposed 'bi-sexuality' is based on scant evidence. Meanwhile there's actually a cute gay guy in the house. Where's his shower?

Posted by: Gregoire | Jul 30, 2007 5:50:14 PM

6. He showered while wearing trunks? That's odd, on camera or not.

Posted by: thin mint | Jul 30, 2007 6:02:49 PM

7. Kids... they ALL have been showering with their clothes on. Well everyone except Amber, Dick and Jen and I am still having nightmares over it. Bleh...

But I still think he is cute but not just for the guns. I get such a kick out of some of the things that come out of his mouth too. I can't help it. (So shoot me already.)

And yes he was singing Micah but that is the CD Dustin (the gay guy) got for being HOH so I don't think that counts.

Posted by: BVC | Jul 30, 2007 6:26:31 PM

8. I have tried to get into this program but its allure escapes me. A bunch of white trash morons trying to back stab and gossip their way to the winners circle. It’s like an episode of Dynasty set in East Orange New Jersey. As far as Nick goes out of the 4 episodes I saw Nick never once said anything that would give the impression he had more than a 6th grade education. The Helen Keller bangs and the do rags are so 1990.

Posted by: ggreen | Jul 30, 2007 6:40:51 PM

9. Nick, Nick, Nick. OMG, Andy, why don't you marry him??

Posted by: BeeDee | Jul 30, 2007 7:18:00 PM

10. Somehow, it really is weirdly American to shower with your clothes on! As if there weren't some exhibitionism there by being in the show. I remember on a UK version, a gorgeous naked guy was being body-painted or something, he didn't care!

Seriously, how prim.

Posted by: James | Jul 30, 2007 7:28:38 PM

11. Maybe they just take off their shorts once they get in the shower, and then put them back on before they get out?

Posted by: Keith | Jul 30, 2007 8:03:50 PM

12. Wow, and I thought I was vain and took long showers. Yikes.

Posted by: FSpamouflage | Jul 30, 2007 8:08:55 PM

13. God - compare Big Brothers from around the world. Americans are so freakin BORING!

Where do they find these people? I'm American, and my friends would be far more fun and naked than these folks. The Real World on MTV is far hotter than this crap.

Posted by: Gregg | Jul 30, 2007 10:19:07 PM

14. Did he leave the shower running after he left?

Nick would look good with a mohawk.

Posted by: Marc | Jul 30, 2007 10:31:43 PM

15. He is SO hot now with his little moustache / goatee thing. I love that devil look, although I agree his intelligence leaves a lot to be desired!

But this is summer tv, so it's a lot like fast-food...empty calories that will leave you hungry again in an hour (if not sick).

If I were in the house with him, I would have for sure found out by now which side of the fence he's on....

Posted by: Jordan | Jul 30, 2007 10:32:18 PM

16. The American people aren't ready to see male "bits" on television.

This is the country that gets giddy like a schoolgirl over seeing Janet Jackson's nipple for 0.00002 seconds. Then, to appease their God, they have to feign outrage. That's when they call into radio shows to demand Congress do something to "protect our children."

For all our wealth and power, we're a country of immature 12 year olds who believe whatever the Church tells us. If the Pope or Pat Robertson told us to collectively drink the kool aid, we'd probably do it without question. Basically, we're a Western Hemisphere version of Poland. And that not...good.

Posted by: John | Jul 30, 2007 10:38:16 PM

17. WELCOME TO THE USA.....I only tape this show & fast forward to see him..if you would go to almost any other country's "big Brother' they would be NUDE and showering and it would not be an issue of any kind...who the fuck wants to see him shower in surfing trunks.at least do it in underwear or less...jesus help us!

Tony(nyc)

Posted by: tc | Jul 30, 2007 10:49:00 PM

18. Andy, why not contrast this bit o rubbish w the Sandbach RUFC segment from "Generation Xcess."

Posted by: zabadak | Jul 30, 2007 10:52:52 PM

19. you guys are wrong...nick is not stupid

he graduated with top honors at his college

Posted by: Paul | Jul 30, 2007 11:10:47 PM

20. The last song he was singing was "Penny and Me" by Hanson.

Posted by: Johnny T | Jul 30, 2007 11:30:20 PM

21. I'm not saying Nick isn't smart, but we're going to need more evidence than a sheepskin. It's possible that he's rich, famous, or lucky.

George W. Bush went to Yale. Many of the president's screw-up friends are also Ivy League alums. And they're now running this government into the ground. Money talks in other ways too. If you can hire the best tutors, own the best software, rent a nice apartment, and have your own wheels...all those things work to your advantage in the long run. To coin a football term, it means you get to start at midfield instead of your 20 yardline.

Mediocre and top-tier universities alike have a penchant for giving honorary doctorates to CEOs, athletes, and actors who give them a lot of money. Because, you know, being famous easily trumps 6-10 years of graduate school.

Aside from the cheating epidemic, many professors purposefully turn a bind eye to incompetence because they're under pressure. This politicking comes from coaches, department chairs, deans, and so forth. But regardless of who is applying pressure, it always comes back to money. If you don't pass X percentage of students, they might drop out (i.e. the university loses money). If a star player is dropped from the roster, the team performs poorly (i.e. the university loses money).

All I'm saying is colleges are businesses. Lets not romanticize the outcome too much. It's possible Nick is a real genius. It's also possible he just knows how to work the system.

Posted by: John | Jul 30, 2007 11:56:07 PM

22. Nick is going to be evicted on Thursday. So... not so smart after all.

Posted by: theo | Jul 31, 2007 3:50:50 AM

23. nick was showering naked, but then at the end bent down to put on his boardshorts.
    sharp or dull, the guy is a dreamboat.
    if he gets evicted too early the show's ratings this summer will divebomb... hopefully the producers will monkey around to keep him in.

Posted by: A.J. | Jul 31, 2007 7:21:59 AM

24. What is this, "Trailer Park Spy Camera"? Now I know why I avoid television.

Posted by: Rad | Jul 31, 2007 8:09:18 AM

25. Sure, this guy is goodlooking and has a great body. But don't his vanity and lack of intelligence drive you away? I think it's unhealthy for the soul to idolize a guy of this sort.

Posted by: Chesnut | Jul 31, 2007 10:33:44 AM